2012-13 NBA Season Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2012-13 NBA Season Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Bubbles
2/13/13 8:48:28AM
I think Denver will beat Memphis if things end they way they look right now. Could give San Antonio some problems
prophecy033
2/13/13 9:42:56PM
Portland losing by 23 to the Hornets after 3 what a joke. You know we've given up because we're playing our white guys
Bubbles
2/13/13 10:08:19PM

Posted by prophecy033

Portland losing by 23 to the Hornets after 3 what a joke. You know we've given up because we're playing our white guys

although you can blame this game on losing Matthews. He's a guy I'd love to have on my team
Bubbles
2/13/13 10:12:19PM
RAPTORS BEAT THE KNICKS

The refs tried to help the Knicks by ejecting Lowry on a very weak technical foul. Gay even tried to help them by going 4-21, but Melo matched him by going 5-24

It must be that the basketball gods that wanted to give Landry Fields an engagement gift

btw Yahoo predicted a Raptors win with a couple min left
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Bubbles
2/13/13 10:17:44PM

Posted by Bubbles
Also, what in the hell is Kobe doing? He intentionally has taken ZERO shots in the first half, passing up on a few gimme layups to pass the ball, turning it over 4 times in the process. I don't think I have ever heard of this before from anyone, let alone a star player. I really hope Phoenix can come back because a) this is rediculous, even if it is kinda funny b) this is really hurting my fantasy team! I did not trade for Kobe for him to be a passer

Kobe ended up going 1-8 for 4 points, 9 assists and 8 turnovers

speaking of bad, I wish I could have watched the Celtics beat the Bulls 71-69. Both teams shoot under 38%, Chicago had 20 turnovers, and Brandon freakin Bass lead both teams with 14 points
Budgellism
2/13/13 11:09:41PM

Posted by Bubbles

RAPTORS BEAT THE KNICKS

The refs tried to help the Knicks by ejecting Lowry on a very weak technical foul. Gay even tried to help them by going 4-21, but Melo matched him by going 5-24

It must be that the basketball gods that wanted to give Landry Fields an engagement gift

btw Yahoo predicted a Raptors win with a couple min left

4 games in a row now including road wins over the Pacers and the Knicks

That technical foul that ejected Lowry was bs. They did a good job of keeping the lead though. I've been hating on Anderson lately but I have to give him his props here. He played a great game and we needed it with Gay shooting a miserable 4-21. Lucas had another solid game as well.
JoeWarren33
2/14/13 6:58:57AM
NIce to see those Raptors looking like a team who can contend again! Bryan may saved his job with that Rudy trade. Very happy to see4 straight wins against some very good teams! Lets hope we can take this to 10 straight and get in the playoff hunt!
ChrisSabal
2/15/13 5:42:45PM
http://fansided.com/2013/02/15/nba-trade-rumors-chicago-bulls-finalizing-deal-to-trade-carlos-boozer/
Budgellism
2/15/13 11:18:26PM
Faried had a crazy game in the Rising Stars challenge. 18-22, 3 of 3 from the line for 40 points and 10 rebounds.

I like his game.
FlashyG
2/15/13 11:32:30PM
I really want the Raptors to suck next year so they have a chance at Wiggins.

They won't get a better chance to land a Franchise player who actually WANTS to be here.

I don't think Colangelo feels the same way though as the season required to put them that high in the lottery would likely end his days as GM.
Bubbles
2/16/13 11:15:56PM

Posted by FlashyG

I really want the Raptors to suck next year so they have a chance at Wiggins.

They won't get a better chance to land a Franchise player who actually WANTS to be here.

I don't think Colangelo feels the same way though as the season required to put them that high in the lottery would likely end his days as GM.

Let Wiggins develop for 7 years then sign here. This current team is on the cusp of playoff contention for 2014, I wouldn't throw that away for a "chance" to get the first pick. They could finish 10-72 and still not get that pick.
Bubbles
2/16/13 11:22:30PM
Congrats to Terrence Ross for winning the dunk contest. War Raptors
Budgellism
2/16/13 11:29:29PM

Posted by Bubbles

Congrats to Terrence Ross for winning the dunk contest. War Raptors

cowcatcher
2/21/13 1:11:41PM
Man I hope the Bucks can get the deal for Josh Smith done without giving up Ellis. If they can keep Smith, Ellis, and Jennings together long term, they might actually crack the top half of the playoff bracket for a few years to come.
Budgellism
2/21/13 2:45:27PM
At least the Raptors grabbed something so far. Sebastian Telfair for Hamed Haddadi and a 2nd round pick could work out nicely for us. Telfair will actually see minutes for the Raptors and will provide a little more depth at the PG position. Hopefully he'll fit in well and add some more assists to every game.
Budgellism
2/21/13 3:00:34PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Man I hope the Bucks can get the deal for Josh Smith done without giving up Ellis. If they can keep Smith, Ellis, and Jennings together long term, they might actually crack the top half of the playoff bracket for a few years to come.

I don't know if that's going to be possible but right in the last minutes I'm hearing both J.J. Redick and Josh Smith might be going to the Bucks in a 3 team deal. Getting Redick might soften the blow of losing Ellis.

I'm now hearing those talks have died out but Redick might be going to the Bucks still.

Ken Berger @KBergCBS

Magic send J.J. Redick, Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith to Bucks for Beno Udrih, Doron Lamb and Tobias Harris, league source says.
8:10 PM - 21 Feb 13

Chris Vivlamore @ajchawks

Josh Smith is still a Hawk. Will not be traded. #ATLHawks
8:06 PM - 21 Feb 13
cowcatcher
2/21/13 7:09:47PM
I guess the Bucks thought the deal was done without Monta being involved but with time winding down the Hawks decided to leave the table. They wanted Larry Sanders, there was no way the Bucks were trading him, and the deal went south. Damn shame, because it forced them to make some kind of move and they got Redick, but I just don't see how he really helps this team get over the hump.

I haven't heard who the Bucks offered for Smith, but I'd guess it was Ersan, either Udrih or Dalembert, and John Henson. Oh well, we will have some money to spend next year, but this pretty much seals the deal for the Bucks to lose Monta, since he probably would have stayed had his buddy from high school, Josh Smith, been here.
Bubbles
2/22/13 5:02:25PM
this trade deadline was kind of anti-climatic. I guess the new tax penalty is to blame

I came to terms last week that Bargs was staying in Toronto, but I do like the addition of Telfair. He can give the Raps a nice chance of pace being a pass-oriented PG for 12-17 minutes a night. I feel bad for John Lucas III though, he's been money the last 2 weeks hitting a bunch of big shots

Atlanta will probably do a sign and trade this offseason where Smith can get a full max contract (iirc a year longer and a bit more money if you resign with a team) and the market will be bigger. The Lakers will have the money after Howard leaves town

I'd like to see what the Bucks do this offseason. They have their PG/SG/SF set (if they resign JJ), they would need to address getting another big man to compliment Sanders. A Louis Scola or Udonis Haslem of a few years ago type PF I think would be a good fit. If Chicago really wants Boozer gone, would the Bucks be interested?

Thunder picking up Brewer for nothing is a great move imo. A guy who can give good defense and another scoring option for 10-15 minutes off the bench is always useful

Celtics getting Crawford might help them into the 2nd round of playoffs (depending on matchup) but that's as far as they will go.

I'm really surprised Kenyon Martin has to be signed to a 10 day and wasn't on anyones roster. Also it's nice to hear that Greg Oden will try to make a return. I can only imagine what a lineup of Durant, Roy, and Aldridge could have done (sorry Proph)
prophecy033
2/22/13 7:40:15PM

Posted by Bubbles

this trade deadline was kind of anti-climatic. I guess the new tax penalty is to blame

I came to terms last week that Bargs was staying in Toronto, but I do like the addition of Telfair. He can give the Raps a nice chance of pace being a pass-oriented PG for 12-17 minutes a night. I feel bad for John Lucas III though, he's been money the last 2 weeks hitting a bunch of big shots

Atlanta will probably do a sign and trade this offseason where Smith can get a full max contract (iirc a year longer and a bit more money if you resign with a team) and the market will be bigger. The Lakers will have the money after Howard leaves town

I'd like to see what the Bucks do this offseason. They have their PG/SG/SF set (if they resign JJ), they would need to address getting another big man to compliment Sanders. A Louis Scola or Udonis Haslem of a few years ago type PF I think would be a good fit. If Chicago really wants Boozer gone, would the Bucks be interested?

Thunder picking up Brewer for nothing is a great move imo. A guy who can give good defense and another scoring option for 10-15 minutes off the bench is always useful

Celtics getting Crawford might help them into the 2nd round of playoffs (depending on matchup) but that's as far as they will go.

I'm really surprised Kenyon Martin has to be signed to a 10 day and wasn't on anyones roster. Also it's nice to hear that Greg Oden will try to make a return. I can only imagine what a lineup of Durant, Roy, and Aldridge could have done (sorry Proph)

yeah, I was hoping for a big splash like Atlanta getting rid of Smith for Boston shipping oit Rondo but I guess we can't have that every year
Bubbles
2/22/13 9:36:59PM
WOOOOOO RAPTORS BEAT THE KNICKS AGAIN!!!!!

If the Raptors somehow make the playoffs, Rudy Gay has to be the league MVP or else that award is meaningless.
Budgellism
2/22/13 10:19:47PM

Posted by Bubbles

If the Raptors somehow make the playoffs, Rudy Gay has to be the league MVP or else that award is meaningless.

jakewalters
2/23/13 1:09:48AM
OT on ESPN! Warriors/Spurs

Golden State rocking the t shirt jerseys
george112
2/23/13 1:14:03AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

he played a damn good game
Budgellism
2/23/13 1:23:53AM

Posted by jakewalters

OT on ESPN! Warriors/Spurs

Golden State rocking the t shirt jerseys

Really good game. Nice win for the Warriors
Budgellism
2/27/13 10:49:20PM
Curry just had a career best game. 54 pts, 11/13 from the 3 point line. Tyson Chandler had 28 rebounds in the game too. Good game. I like this Warriors team this year. Tough loss tonight but they usually make it exciting.
prophecy033
2/27/13 11:08:39PM

Posted by Budgellism

Curry just had a career best game. 54 pts, 11/13 from the 3 point line. Tyson Chandler had 28 rebounds in the game too. Good game. I like this Warriors team this year. Tough loss tonight but they usually make it exciting.

NBA season high for points also
prophecy033
3/1/13 11:32:54AM
Noah had a monster night. Unconventional triple double of 21points 23rebounds and 11blocks
Budgellism
3/1/13 12:17:28PM

Posted by prophecy033

Noah had a monster night. Unconventional triple double of 21points 23rebounds and 11blocks

Huge numbers right there. I wish I saw the game.
prophecy033
3/1/13 12:57:33PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

Huge numbers right there. I wish I saw the game.

me too, I only saw highlights
airkerma
3/7/13 1:53:46PM
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14