2012-13 NBA Season Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2012-13 NBA Season Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Bubbles
1/27/13 9:01:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

fucking Dave just stole REB, AST, A/T, and BLK from me What was an 8-2 lead turned into a potential 6-4 loss

This happens to me a lot. It's like my guys perform well in the beginning of the week and then the majority of them fall apart near the end of the week.

usually I forget to edit my lineup one day where my entire bench plays and I lose on 2-3 categories because of it.
Ordep
1/28/13 9:11:40PM

Posted by Bubbles

fucking Dave just stole REB, AST, A/T, and BLK from me What was an 8-2 lead turned into a potential 6-4 loss

Dave the Bubba I love him forever but his fantasy team dog shit like the mexican Jose Canseco and the Chris Brown mom.
BuffaloDave
1/28/13 9:29:39PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by Bubbles

Dave the Bubba I love him forever but his fantasy team dog shit like the mexican Jose Canseco and the Chris Brown mom.

I love you Ordep, like I love the Green Medicine. You deserve to get fucked new country way, Not old country way like that piece of shit Hulk Hogan and his raisin balls.

Yeah, Bubbs, you were crushing me all week, I missed one day, on Tues. when I pulled a 15 hr day. My team stormed back on the weekend. Shit, at one point you were up 10-0
Bubbles
1/29/13 10:09:53AM
When Aaron Gray goes 22 and 10, you know your big men suck *cough*Warriors*cough*

the Raptors are "heavily in talks" with Memphis for Rudy Gay. Jose Calderon and Ed Davis might be on the move. I've become a fan of Ed Davis and a future of Davis, Amir Johnson and Jonas Valanciunas will be one of the best front court rotations in the NBA. I don't think Gay is worth that, especially with his contract.
BuffaloDave
1/29/13 6:24:52PM

Posted by Bubbles

When Aaron Gray goes 22 and 10, you know your big men suck *cough*Warriors*cough*

the Raptors are "heavily in talks" with Memphis for Rudy Gay. Jose Calderon and Ed Davis might be on the move. I've become a fan of Ed Davis and a future of Davis, Amir Johnson and Jonas Valanciunas will be one of the best front court rotations in the NBA. I don't think Gay is worth that, especially with his contract.

I can see how you would feel that, but Gay might actually but up better numbers, only thing sucks, is like you said that big contract.
Poor_Franklin
1/29/13 6:45:59PM
being a couple hours away from Memphis, i watch Grizz games all the time. i would not be disappointed in picking up Rudy Gay. he is solid!
Budgellism
1/29/13 6:49:10PM
I dunno Bubbs, I'm all for Rudy Gay coming to town. I would definitely rather see Bargnani go than Davis though.
Bubbles
1/29/13 8:14:06PM
don't get me wrong, Gay is a great player, but I'm trying to picture him with DeRozan and Lowry in the back court where all 3 want to score 20 a night in Casey's defense first system. The Raps are playing well (for 40 minutes anyways) because of ball movement...I don't know if that will continue with those 3 along with Bargnani hanging behind the arc. Davis and Johnson have great chemistry down low and adding JV will only make it better on both ends of the floor.

Gay is a really good player being paid like a star at almost $19 mil a season. Fans around here have been bitching about Calderon making $10 mil in his final season, how will this look if Gay isn't helping this team get to where it should be?
Budgellism
1/30/13 7:37:26PM
Rudy Gay is on his way to Toronto. Lowry and Gay together should be interesting. I think they should still try and get rid of Bargnani before the trade deadline. Try and get some more pieces or a draft pick or something.

Calderon to the Pistons.
Bubbles
1/30/13 8:49:55PM
I feel bad for Calderon. He goes from a mediocre team that should be in the playoff hunt to a conference favourite, then gets flipped to a bad team. Thankfully he is only there for a couple months and can sign elsewhere in the offseason. Jose is one of my favourite players in the NBA and while it's sad to see him go, this team and city never gave him the respect he deserved. I hope he goes to Dallas or backup in Portland or sign with Boston in the offseason and gets to play with a playoff caliber team.

I hope this trade works out, but I don't see this team making a late push for the 8th seed unless Bargnani gets traded for something good. There is now a glut of swingmen on this team: Gay, DeRozan, Anderson, Ross, Fields, and Kleiza if he ever gets healthy. Colangelo has more work to do
Bubbles
1/30/13 10:24:55PM
time to rant again:

the refs have screwed the Raptors out of another chance to win. This has to be the 6th time or so where on the last play of the game in a chance to tie or win there is a clear cut, blatant foul that does not get called. It's one thing if its a blocking called a charge or there is minimal contact, its another when the guy get hacked driving to the basket with no call. Guaranteed that the stars get that call
Budgellism
1/30/13 10:27:23PM

Posted by Bubbles

time to rant again:

the refs have screwed the Raptors out of another chance to win. This has to be the 6th time or so where on the last play of the game in a chance to tie or win there is a clear cut, blatant foul that does not get called. It's one thing if its a blocking called a charge or there is minimal contact, its another when the guy get hacked driving to the basket with no call. Guaranteed that the stars get that call

That was brutal...
Budgellism
2/1/13 9:32:55PM
Raptors blow out the Clippers in Gay's first game
Shawn91111
2/1/13 11:00:49PM

Posted by Budgellism

12 threes and no Chris Paul does help, 30 fucking assists but they need to hit their FT's
FlashyG
2/1/13 11:22:19PM
Anyone catch Chris Bosh trying to make a case for the upcoming Academy Awards.

Soccer players should be taking lessons from that kind of acting.

Video
george112
2/2/13 12:52:55AM

Posted by FlashyG

Video

And thats why I hate the heat .

Seems like dwade has rubbed off on everybody on that team.

Hope they lose in the first round
Bubbles
2/2/13 11:47:36AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Budgellism

12 threes and no Chris Paul does help, 30 fucking assists but they need to hit their FT's

the Clippers were 5-3 without him coming into the game while scoring over 95 points in 7 of those games. What really helped was Alan Anderson only getting 13 minutes
Bubbles
2/2/13 11:50:59AM

Posted by FlashyG

Video

if that was DeMar DeRozan it would be counted as a blocked shot

Shawn91111
2/2/13 6:31:14PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Budgellism

the Clippers were 5-3 without him coming into the game while scoring over 95 points in 7 of those games. What really helped was Alan Anderson only getting 13 minutes

Meh they only had 2 decent wins over contenders during those 8 games in Houston and Memphis. Memphis was without Rudy Gay and shot 30% from the field
Budgellism
2/5/13 4:32:13PM
Utah, Houston and Portland need to keep winning. I would love to see the Lakers not make the playoffs this year
PricklyPear
2/5/13 9:56:35PM

Posted by Budgellism

Utah, Houston and Portland need to keep winning. I would love to see the Lakers not make the playoffs this year

You may be disappointed. They're after finishing off the Nets tonight they''re 6-1 in their last 7. They're schedule is about to get tougher so we'll see if they've found a rhythm or just taking advantage of easier teams. Earl Clark has stepped it up where Dwight hasn't.
Budgellism
2/5/13 10:06:51PM

Posted by PricklyPear

Posted by Budgellism

You may be disappointed. They're after finishing off the Nets tonight they''re 6-1 in their last 7. They're schedule is about to get tougher so we'll see if they've found a rhythm or just taking advantage of easier teams. Earl Clark has stepped it up where Dwight hasn't.

I probably will be disappointed but a man can dream
FlashyG
2/7/13 11:58:31PM
Raptors and Bulls are apparently discussing a Bargnani for Boozer swap.

Other players would have to be involved for salary cap reasons.
Bubbles
2/8/13 12:09:31AM
Raptors again blow a double digit 4th quarter lead. I swear they would be 27-22 or better if the NBA was only 36 minutes long instead of 17-32

Posted by FlashyG

please be Landry Fields or Linus Kleiza

Boozer is making $5,000,000 more than Bargnani and the Bulls are currently ~$3,700,000 into the tax while Toronto doesn't have any cap space. Kleiza would be the logical option unless other pieces are on the move.

team and player salaries found here
Budgellism
2/8/13 12:17:53AM

Posted by FlashyG

Please let this trade happen. Boozer is more than I could ask for to get rid of Bargnani.
airkerma
2/8/13 9:17:36AM
If anyone watches Around the Horn, you may find it even more amusing that the Lakers got punished by the Celtics last night. Bill Plashke and Bob Ryan were at each others throats.
Bubbles
2/8/13 11:41:10AM
I can't stand ATH, there is no reason to make a sports talk show into a game show. That being said, I like listening to Bob Ryan when he is a guest on Primetime Sports (which is 1-2x a week). I have no idea who the other guy is
Bubbles
2/8/13 11:42:54AM
airkerma
2/8/13 11:56:50AM

Posted by Bubbles

I can't stand ATH, there is no reason to make a sports talk show into a game show. That being said, I like listening to Bob Ryan when he is a guest on Primetime Sports (which is 1-2x a week). I have no idea who the other guy is

There most certainly is a reason. Despite the obvious bias from the host/moderator, it is a way to encourage sports discussion that is driven by making good points, not just flapping your jaw. Besides, you don't actually get worked up about who wins, do you? The point is for them to make points, and when you hear contrary opinions, it helps to inform the viewer that everything isn't one sided and that other things are going on in the story instead of just the main reports.
Bubbles
2/8/13 12:54:41PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Bubbles

There most certainly is a reason. Despite the obvious bias from the host/moderator, it is a way to encourage sports discussion that is driven by making good points, not just flapping your jaw. Besides, you don't actually get worked up about who wins, do you? The point is for them to make points, and when you hear contrary opinions, it helps to inform the viewer that everything isn't one sided and that other things are going on in the story instead of just the main reports.

then what is the point of muting a guy during his argument? PTI is a good show that involves sports discussion driven by making good points. The Friday roundtable on Primetime Sports does the same thing but for two hours. I can never follow along with 5 guys beaking in and having like 20-30s to make a point before getting muted or being interrupted 10s into their argument.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14