2011 MMAPlayground.com Awards

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » 2011 MMAPlayground.com Awards
emfleek
12/15/11 8:27:13AM

Voting for the first annual MMAPlayground.com Awards is now underway. These awards have been nominated by you, the user and will also be voted upon by you as well.

The staff at MMAPlayground.com would like to thank each and every one of you for your contributions to the site. Without you, the Playground would cease to exist as would the innaugural MMAPlayground Awards.

Thanks to all who participated in the nominations process. A special thanks to grappler0000 for designing the logo you see at the top of this page.

We encourage you to spread the word on Facebook and Twitter as well. Copy and paste the following link(s) to your Facebook and Twitter accounts to share:

FACEBOOK: http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/forum16-1.html
TWITTER: http://bit.ly/t1xGZh

You're allowed one vote per person per category. Voting is open to the public and will remain open until 11:59pm ET on December 31, 2011. Winners will be announced shortly thereafter.

Thank you!
MMAPlayground.com Staff
Rabi
12/15/11 12:54:26PM
Just to confirm, non members of the site can vote?
Rabi
12/15/11 12:55:36PM
Ignore the question, I thought link was gonna take me to FB.
grappler0000
12/15/11 12:58:04PM

Posted by Rabi

Ignore the question, I thought link was gonna take me to FB.

When I just read that, I thought ooh, FB polls would have been perfect...and then I thought about how many different polls there are. What a mess that would be. Just a couple would work great, but not with that many.
Rabi
12/15/11 1:01:11PM
These polls are excellent.

Nice work on the logo as well Grappler
FlashyG
12/15/11 1:58:33PM
Did the Most Entertaining Walkout of the year award get scrapped?
emfleek
12/15/11 2:11:50PM

Posted by FlashyG

Did the Most Entertaining Walkout of the year award get scrapped?

Yes. Very few people were indicating exactly which walkout they were nominating. Most people kept nominating Mayhem Miller who only had one fight in 2011 and that walkout was *not* entertaining, so I used my judgement thinking everyone was probably nominating his DREAM walkout which took place in 2010. In the end, it wasn't worth the headache so I scrapped it.
FlashyG
12/15/11 2:32:07PM
Thats too bad.

Lawlor's walkout for the Weidman fight was awesome.

Coming out to Olivia Newton John's, "Lets Get Physical" while working out with an exercise band and wearing a hot pink tie and headband. (thats not even counting showing up to the weigh-ins as Steven Seagal)

I'm just going to assume it won because of lack of opposition!
Poor_Franklin
12/15/11 4:49:38PM
i tweeted a few fighters that i voted for the links to their poll......hopefully they'll RT & get some the site some new members
Poor_Franklin
12/15/11 6:13:08PM
Herb Dean RTed the link for Best Ref Award to his 3200 followers.
Miesha Tate RTed the link for Best Female Fighter to nearly 27000 followers.

fleek, if possible, i'd love to know some numbers on the polls after they are over to see if there is a noticeable influx in the voting and/or site activity.

edit: i am not doing this to bring extra attention to the people i vote for. just trying to help the site grow. if you feel Ronda Rousey or someone else should win, tweet her & tell her so w/ the link. You may not be surprised that most fighters self-promote (if they don't, who will?) but you might be surprised at how often fighter's interact with fans on twitter.

Rabi
12/15/11 6:15:00PM
Thats awesome P_F, nice work.
Poor_Franklin
12/15/11 6:18:21PM

Posted by Rabi

Thats awesome P_F, nice work.

just doing my part

other retweets:
Michael Chandler: 2400 followers
Charlie Brenneman: 8700 followers
Chael_Sonnen
12/16/11 7:08:37AM
I like the graphics used.....
emfleek
12/16/11 8:59:08AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Herb Dean RTed the link for Best Ref Award to his 3200 followers.
Miesha Tate RTed the link for Best Female Fighter to nearly 27000 followers.

fleek, if possible, i'd love to know some numbers on the polls after they are over to see if there is a noticeable influx in the voting and/or site activity.

edit: i am not doing this to bring extra attention to the people i vote for. just trying to help the site grow. if you feel Ronda Rousey or someone else should win, tweet her & tell her so w/ the link. You may not be surprised that most fighters self-promote (if they don't, who will?) but you might be surprised at how often fighter's interact with fans on twitter.

The only numbers I have access to is the number of people that voted for each nominee. After one day, about 35 people have voted in each category.
Poor_Franklin
12/16/11 12:11:09PM

Posted by emfleek

After one day, about 35 people have voted in each category.

crap. oh well, it was worth a shot
Rabi
1/3/12 10:00:23AM
When do we find out the winners from each category?
emfleek
1/3/12 10:03:14AM
Throughout the day I'll be updating and announcing winners. They'll also be revealed on Thursday's edition of MMA@Work.
Rabi
1/3/12 10:05:03AM
N1 Fleek!
Franklinfan47
1/3/12 1:19:01PM
Good round of awards for the inaugural vote. There werent any I was really opposed to.
Poor_Franklin
1/3/12 2:27:24PM
scoozna
1/4/12 11:29:13PM
Nice job Fleek. It was easy to vote, there were cool categories, you presented the results well. I think it was a great idea and was done very well.
Rabi
1/5/12 1:26:45AM

Posted by scoozna

Nice job Fleek. It was easy to vote, there were cool categories, you presented the results well. I think it was a great idea and was done very well.

I agree, nicely put!
emfleek
1/5/12 8:52:31AM

Posted by Rabi

Posted by scoozna

I agree, nicely put!

Thanks, guys! I had fun with it.
gartface
1/5/12 8:54:18AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Rabi

Posted by scoozna

I agree, nicely put!

Thanks, guys! I had fun with it.

Outstanding job, as always! The quality and effort of these awards is completely indicative of your commitment to the site.