[[[[[*** 2011, Current MMAPlayground User Awards ***]]]]]]

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » [[[[[*** 2011, Current MMAPlayground User Awards ***]]]]]]
jjeans
6/14/11 4:52:14PM
Get your nominations in! Thanks to everyone who makes this place what is is!

RULES: You may nominate ONLY one person per category. You MAY NOT nominate yourself. You agree to prop the "winner" for each category*. You DO NOT have to nominate someone for each category.

I'll be accepting nominations until TUESDAY (6/21/11) at. The top 5 nominations from each category will make it to the voting round. I'll then post seperate threads for each category with a poll for everyone to cast their votes.

And the categories are...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOP P4P (Post For Post) POSTER:
GREATEST MODERATOR:
GREATEST PREMIUM MEMBER:
MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POSTER:
BEST NEWBIE (Since July '10):
FUNNIEST POSTER:
GREATEST NEWS MOGUL:
POSTER WITH THE BEST AVATAR:
BEST THREAD:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck and thanks for participating!

* Normally I wouldn't suggest this, as I'm not one to whore for props. I just think it's the least we can do to show our appreciation to those who voted upon by their peers to win. And obviously this does not apply to the "Best Thread" category, unless you want to prop the person who started it.

PS...Emfleek stole hotrodtt's idea from last year. Thanks, hotrodtt!... And I stole off Emfleek (Old Link )
Budgellism
6/14/11 5:32:15PM
TOP P4P (Post For Post) POSTER: pmoney
GREATEST MODERATOR: emfleek
GREATEST PREMIUM MEMBER: kopower
MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POSTER: ncordless
BEST NEWBIE (Since July '10): fastknockout
FUNNIEST POSTER: cowcatcher
POSTER WITH THE BEST AVATAR: Bojangalz
BEST THREAD: The Shane Carwin photoshop one is pretty jokes.
FastKnockout
6/14/11 5:55:41PM
TOP P4P (Post For Post) POSTER: Budgellism
GREATEST MODERATOR: Emfleek
GREATEST PREMIUM MEMBER: jjeans
MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POSTER: ncordless
BEST NEWBIE (Since July '10): pmoney
FUNNIEST POSTER: Kpro
GREATEST NEWS MOGUL: pmoney
POSTER WITH THE BEST AVATAR: Grappler0000
BEST THREAD: N/A
kopower
6/14/11 6:56:30PM
This is not going to be easy. So many great posters, each bringing something unique to the playground. Wish I could list more.

TOP P4P (Post For Post) POSTER: grappler0000
GREATEST MODERATOR: emfleek
GREATEST PREMIUM MEMBER: grappler0000
MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POSTER: bojangalz
BEST NEWBIE (Since July '10): pmoney
FUNNIEST POSTER: Pookie
GREATEST NEWS MOGUL: FastKnockout
POSTER WITH THE BEST AVATAR: hotrodttt
BEST THREAD: Not sure
bojangalz
6/14/11 8:56:12PM
TOP P4P (Post For Post) POSTER: grappler0000- Seems to me I've been told to spread the love more times when propping him than anyone else.

GREATEST MODERATOR: Unsure. It's been so long since I've been scolded for anything that I've kinda forgotten who the mods even are.

GREATEST PREMIUM MEMBER: grappler0000

MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POSTER: grappler0000 again.

BEST NEWBIE (Since July '10): I haven't got the vaguest idea who's joined since then.

FUNNIEST POSTER: whoever was the one who started my thread of the year... More on that in a minute.

GREATEST NEWS MOGUL: FastKnockout, pmoney, and Budgellism all seem to have way too much time on their hands since they pretty much run the New Forum. Looks like fleek gets in on the action from time to time. But lately it's easily those three.

POSTER WITH THE BEST AVATAR: jiujitsufreak74- Broken limbs ftw.

BEST THREAD: ok, I'm going off the grid here. Not only does this thread no longer exist... I'm guessing very few even got a chance to read it. In fact, I'm quite certain it was posted well over a year ago too. But it deserves recognition regardless. There was a thread, I don't know who the original poster even was... But it was a fail story about a juvenile male who was describing this bowel problem he had (ie, he couldn't drop a deuce for days). He wound up getting freaky with a chick (also juvenile if I remember correct) who subsequently inserted her finger in his erm... backdoor. Long story short- kid shat all over her parents bed.

Swear to god, I've never laughed so hard in my life. The thread was cut short quickly because it dealt with subject matter involving sexual acts of juveniles. I've looked all over the web for that story just to share it with a few co-workers and have never had any luck. I don't care how old the thread is, how nonexistent it is, or how foul the subject matter is. That thread will always and forever be thread of the year in my book.
pmoney
6/14/11 8:58:19PM
Damn, you might be up for best thread with this one, JJeans!

TOP P4P (Post For Post) POSTER: Budgellism - This guy is all over the place! Not just on our forums either! (I view others, but only post here! )
GREATEST MODERATOR: Emfleek - I'd like to think I love all the mods equally, but I see Emfleek around most, so he get the nod
GREATEST PREMIUM MEMBER: KOPower - Eat, Sleep, Sh!t the playground is what it says above the man's avatar. That's an example to be followed from a premium member!
MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POSTER: bojangalz - ask him about Leo Laporte!
BEST NEWBIE (Since July '10): Kingsmasher - great record and bankroll for first season! Honorable Mention: FastKnockout
FUNNIEST POSTER: Kpro - No explanation necessary! Maybe it's the avatar, lol
GREATEST NEWS MOGUL: FastKnockout - Easily! If I go to post news, and it's already up, 9 times out of 10, FastKnockout already got to it.
POSTER WITH THE BEST AVATAR: Wolfenstein - Best Avatar ever. Too good on too many levels to explain. Honorable Mentions: Cowcatcher (breakin T), Grappler0000 (Indian Fire Death Punch!!) , Emfleek (Torres .gif)
BEST THREAD: JJeans, Sport Survivor. Love that game! Honorable Mention: TS92Turbo for the Best Video games for each console thread. I just wonder what kind of car he drives....

Edit: So that's my list as is. I almost feel bad when I go over it and read it, because everyone on this site is awesome. Everyone I mentioned, everyone I haven't. Every guest, regular member, premium member, moderator, admin....

I have posted over 1,000 times in less than a year on here. I wish I could remember every exchange I've had with everyone.

I get all kinds of laughs and enjoyment from my virtual interactions with just about everyone on this site. Thanks a lot everyone, for making this the best MMA site in the world
BlueSkiesBurn
6/14/11 9:47:26PM
TOP P4P (Post For Post) POSTER: prozacnation1978
GREATEST MODERATOR: Rush
GREATEST PREMIUM MEMBER: KrackerJap
MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POSTER: bobbydoomoculta
FUNNIEST POSTER: CornishMMA
POSTER WITH THE BEST AVATAR: Jekyll
BEST THREAD: The Official I'm Drunk Thread
pmoney
6/14/11 10:32:19PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Lol, missed you Blue Skies!
kopower
6/14/11 10:43:43PM
MEMBER MOST LIKELY TO GET BANNED (AGAIN)-BlueSkiesBurn
Jekyll
6/14/11 10:44:04PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

woot a vote for best avatar before i even loaded it.... dude has psycho-pathetic powers or something
BlueSkiesBurn
6/14/11 10:51:00PM

Posted by kopower

MEMBER MOST LIKELY TO GET BANNED (AGAIN)-BlueSkiesBurn

God, I hope not. I'm minding my P's and Q's this time around.
pmoney
6/14/11 11:05:54PM
Whoa! I didn't know you had the ban goin... Keep that nose clean, we need your forum presence!
hotrodttt
6/15/11 2:23:37AM

Posted by bojangalz

BEST THREAD: ok, I'm going off the grid here. Not only does this thread no longer exist... I'm guessing very few even got a chance to read it. In fact, I'm quite certain it was posted well over a year ago too. But it deserves recognition regardless. There was a thread, I don't know who the original poster even was... But it was a fail story about a juvenile male who was describing this bowel problem he had (ie, he couldn't drop a deuce for days). He wound up getting freaky with a chick (also juvenile if I remember correct) who subsequently inserted her finger in his erm... backdoor. Long story short- kid shat all over her parents bed.

Swear to god, I've never laughed so hard in my life. The thread was cut short quickly because it dealt with subject matter involving sexual acts of juveniles. I've looked all over the web for that story just to share it with a few co-workers and have never had any luck. I don't care how old the thread is, how nonexistent it is, or how foul the subject matter is. That thread will always and forever be thread of the year in my book.

Oh my god, I can't believe you remember that, that was my thread that I got off another forum and it got taken down by dcrage. Props for remembering man
hotrodttt
6/15/11 2:27:03AM
TOP P4P (Post For Post) POSTER: Definitely grapler0000
GREATEST MODERATOR: Jakelope
GREATEST PREMIUM MEMBER: don't know
MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POSTER: jjfeak hands down
BEST NEWBIE (Since July '10): don't know
FUNNIEST POSTER: Tie between Kpo and Pookie
GREATEST NEWS MOGUL: don't know
POSTER WITH THE BEST AVATAR: I don't wanna say the name, but it was a person who was banned that had a gif of a person going on a rampage with a samerai sword.
BEST THREAD: don't know
bojangalz
6/15/11 2:27:31AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Oh my god, I can't believe you remember that, that was my thread that I got off another forum and it got taken down by dcrage. Props for remembering man

Any chance you'd be able to unearth that gem for me? I practically bust a nut just thinking about how funny that was.
hotrodttt
6/15/11 2:31:15AM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by hotrodttt

Any chance you'd be able to unearth that gem for me? I practically bust a nut just thinking about how funny that was.

I'll try to find it, btw, here's the OG link from 2007 Link
Shawn91111
6/15/11 3:48:31AM
Going off all time.

TOP P4P (Post For Post) POSTER: Jjfreak in his heyday

GREATEST MODERATOR: Zephead (keeping his pimp hand strong

GREATEST PREMIUM MEMBER: Kpro

MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POSTER: Rush

BEST NEWBIE (Since July '10):

FUNNIEST POSTER: Tuvok - for his undying GSP man crush

GREATEST NEWS MOGUL: anyone who takes the time

POSTER WITH THE BEST AVATAR: 40oztofreedom

BEST THREAD: Fight Camp Central back in the day - when teams could talk trash and no one got butthurt over it.
kopower
6/15/11 9:39:00AM
40oz did have the most epic av ever.
emfleek
6/15/11 11:24:47AM
TOP P4P (Post For Post) POSTER: grappler0000
MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POSTER: grappler0000
BEST NEWBIE (Since July '10): FastKnockout
FUNNIEST POSTER: Kpro
GREATEST NEWS MOGUL: pmoney
POSTER WITH THE BEST AVATAR: gspfan (Rocky Marciano)
BEST THREAD: Any of Rabi's game threads.
Pookie
6/17/11 7:39:51AM
TOP P4P (Post For Post) POSTER: Sharks.
MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE POSTER: Velociraptors
BEST NEWBIE (Since July '10): Baby Pandas
FUNNIEST POSTER: Whiskers the Cat.
GREATEST NEWS MOGUL: Owl
POSTER WITH THE BEST AVATAR: Pooh Bear
BEST THREAD: This is not a Shogun/Machida Thread