2009 Yahoo Sports Football Pick 'Em Games (MMAPG Groups)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2009 Yahoo Sports Football Pick 'Em Games (MMAPG Groups)
DCRage
7/31/09 7:29:16PM
Think You Know Football? It's that time again-Yahoo Sports Pro Football Pick 'Em Registration is now open for the upcoming season! Of course I've once again created a group just for Playground members, registration is FREE! All you need is a Yahoo ID, also free. Once you have that, go to the link below to join:
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem
When registering, select "Join A Group" and "Join Private Group" or that relevant option. When prompted, enter this info:
Group ID#: 1269
Password: ochocinco
Name your pick set and you're in! Also note that, after joining this group, you may still join up to 2 other Private Groups if you haven't already done so.

If you're new to the game, playing is extremely simple-simply pick who you think will win each REGULAR SEASON NFL matchup. Pick right and you get a point. Pick wrong, you get nothing. At the end of the season, most total points wins. You have until 5 minutes before each game to make your picks.

Edit: Also created a College Pick 'Em group. Registration info:
Group ID#: 1866
Password: bcscreutes
Name your pick set and you're in! Also note that, after joining this group, you may still join up to 2 other Private Groups if you haven't already done so.
College Pick 'Em is like Pro Pick 'Em except you try to pick the winner of each matchup involving a TOP 25 TEAM. At the end of the season, most total points wins. You have until 5 minutes before each game to make your picks. Only regular season games count, there is a separate game for the bowls. Also, only games played on certian days (usually Thursday-Saturday) count.

Salary Cap Football group:
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/salcap
Group ID#: 859
Password: salcap
Salary Cap is like the main game but you must assemble your team while staying within a fixed salary cap of $100. Each player has an assigned value that changes from week-to-week.

Survival:
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival
Group ID#: 1471
Password: oneordone
Survival is the ultimate challenge. Each week you must pick the correct winner of ONE regular season NFL game (your choice). The catch? You may only pick each team ONE TIME throughout the duration of the game. Win, you stay alive. Lose, you get a strike. 3 Strikes, You're Out. (New twist this year, you can choose how many strikes you're allowed, up to 3) Last one standing wins.

College Bowl Pick 'Em will be added when the game begins, which will be after the college regular season has concluded.
postman
7/31/09 8:10:14PM
I will be back to defend my title look out the the king has arrived! Who needs Fedor when you got the postman!!!!!!
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/31/09 8:32:19PM
in fo sho
Kpro
7/31/09 8:54:31PM
i is in 2.
hippysmacker
7/31/09 9:21:54PM
Im In
DevonFoxy
7/31/09 9:26:02PM
Sounds fun count me in.
mkiv9secsupra
8/1/09 1:08:12PM
IM IN!!! hopefully i wont miss half the season this year.....

DC, you gonna start the college football pickem as well?
DCRage
8/1/09 1:15:02PM
I can do that if there's enough interest, ditto for Salary Cap & Survival groups.
mkiv9secsupra
8/1/09 1:25:55PM
Great. I cant wait to beat fleek this year. I beleive it was he who beat me by just a few points last year in college pickem....but of course i dominated in the bowl pickem...
DCRage
8/1/09 2:34:19PM
I'll get them setup in the next couple days. When they're done all the registration info will be in the first post. For College I'll be doing custom settings if I can with no point spreads.
DCRage
8/3/09 7:36:17AM
College Pick 'Em group has been created:
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college
Select "Join Private Group" when registering then enter this info:
Group ID#: 1866
Password: bcscreutes
emfleek
8/3/09 8:45:44AM
I'm in. I will own.

emfleek
8/3/09 8:46:09AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Great. I cant wait to beat fleek this year. I beleive it was he who beat me by just a few points last year in college pickem....but of course i dominated in the bowl pickem...

Fleek = doesn't even watch college football

D0wnUnd6e6r
8/3/09 5:15:40PM
Trying to sign up to salary cap, but says password is incorrect... anything on that ? joined survival everything's fine there, and what the hell, i dont know anything or watch college football but i'll give it a go lol

EDIT : neeeeeeevermind figured out the problem, im in all of em
mkiv9secsupra
8/31/09 6:18:33PM
bump for all those who are interested but have yet to join
RMFG_187
9/1/09 5:37:56AM
I joined, but how come thers no draft league, we have more than enough, why dont we just set a date and do one. I have the best point system and everything
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/1/09 7:23:35AM
I set up a draft league long ago lol, league's already full and the draft has already been done. Sorry u missed it though

link
FlashyG
9/10/09 5:21:05PM
I guess the Pick'em game starts tonight.

Don't forget your pick.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/10/09 5:44:21PM

Posted by FlashyG

I guess the Pick'em game starts tonight.

Don't forget your pick.

niiiice dude thanks for that one, cause I indeed was gonna forget