UFC 2009 Undisputed

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 2009 Undisputed
POLL: will u buy this game when it comes out?
yes, i cant wait 73% (38)
yes, but not as excited as you 15% (8)
meh, might as well i'm an UFC fan 0% (0)
no, it looks gay 0% (0)
no, id rather jerk off 12% (6)
mentalcase
2/12/09 10:21:22AM
this game will be release in may for xbox 360 & ps3, i think they will launch it to coincide with UFC 98 lesner vs mir, may 23

how phsyched are u for the game it looks great
Ulfhethnar6
2/12/09 10:24:04AM
It doesn't look to bad but I can't imagine the controls and game play being that good.
Twenty20Dollars
2/12/09 10:25:35AM
not that pysched because I dont know if it will be that good. Because Im sure its hard to make an MMA game with some many things that can happen in a fight.

I better start saving now, its like 60$ for a game.
tberg420
2/12/09 11:12:29AM
I'm hoping that the game doesn't become a button masher because I won't be playing it online against some 13 yr old with huge fat fingers. Everything so far looks great but I wish that in videos we could see human controlled fights. It seems like that we are only seeing one guy repeatedly throw punches at another with no objection for his opponent. That's what I really want to see from the game.
gsquat
2/12/09 11:21:34AM
^ What he said ^

When I saw Dana playing (granted he's probably a moron when it comes to gaming) he made it look like a street fighter game or something. I hope it's just as likely for someone to take their opponent down and submit them as it is to stand up and KO them. Aside from RE5, this game is the only console game I'm excited about. I'll be playing COD online til then.
prozacnation1978
2/12/09 11:58:38AM
i heard thew game is awesome it is coming out in june now not may
my question is all those fighters who are in the game that have been cut since i wonder if they will still be in the game or not
mentalcase
2/12/09 12:13:42PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

my question is all those fighters who are in the game that have been cut since i wonder if they will still be in the game or not

where did u get june from most sites have listed may and dana said it was in may
king_katool
2/12/09 12:47:15PM

Posted by mentalcase

where did u get june from most sites have listed may and dana said it was in may

pre order date ships june 2 2009

http://scour.com/view/result/Gamestop/R2FtZXN0b3AuY29tIC0gQnV5IFBTMywgUFMyLCBQU1AsIFdpaSwgRFMsIFhib3ggMzYwLCBVc2VkLCBQQyAuLi4=/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5nYW1lc3RvcC5jb20v/?URL=http://www.gamestop.com/
tepid55
2/12/09 1:26:56PM
I think this will be the greatest MMA videogame we've seen so far.
bjj1605
2/12/09 1:45:48PM
I expect this game to be great. I've watched all the videos on it and they've really put time in to it. The controls seem very intuitive. I can't wait to play this game online and do wacky S**T like BJ PENN vs CHUCK
Styles
2/12/09 2:21:24PM
This game keeps getting pushed back...first I heard dec., then feb. then march. then May, then June..... No telling when it is actually going to come out and there aren't many hopes of a demo being released.

Aside from all that, from what I have heard, the game is going to take some skill to play to be good at it. Mashing buttons will sork for some, but against someone who knows how to work the controls, it wont be affective at all expect for your "punchers chance". Seeing the trailor for GSP/Penn answered some of my questions about the ground game. Expect some upgrading needing to be done but this is also only the first release. I am assuming that UFC will be an annual game such as madden.
Deathbringer
2/12/09 5:22:10PM

I remember reading at a gaming site that the game will only have ~16 fighters per division, not the entire roster. So it's a pretty good bet that none of the recent cuts were already being built into the game.
nastynick13
2/12/09 5:30:33PM
I am really excited for this game but the Wanderlei GIF makes me not so excited
higdon10
2/12/09 6:58:01PM

Posted by tepid55

That isnt saying much.
tepid55
2/12/09 7:20:06PM
I meant to say that I think this will be the greatest MMA game because this will be the most realistic MMA game we've seen up to now.
RampageOwnedYou
2/12/09 7:34:06PM
Trust me, I am so hyped for this game as the next......BUT.

Dont get to pumped, if your like me and have seen video, the standup looks like CRAP!!!. Looks like Street Fighter punching, and the punches dont look real, or even look like they hit the guy half the time.
Even when the guy runs at the opponent to punch, its a joke.
This game has a long way to go. I rather have realistic and realism, then a rushed game.

I hope they fix this stuff.

Btw.
I also saw a video the other day with the guys who devloped it, and it had Rampage Sub Forrest, but the funniest thing was, the ref didnt step in to stop the fight. After 10 seconds of the hold, Rampage let go.
How fake, and dumb.

Tein_Lung
2/12/09 10:51:09PM

Posted by tepid55

not like that is a hard thing to achive