UFC 2009: Undisputed - full fighter roster revealed

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 2009: Undisputed - full fighter roster revealed
Wolfenstein
3/19/09 3:50:04PM
Finally all is revealed.

Kind of dissapointing that there is no Junior Dos Santos and no Shane Carwin.

Ryan Bader and Efrain only being downloadable I think is pretty bogus to.

link
FlashyG
3/19/09 3:58:58PM
If thats the full list i'm suprised at Middleweight that Cote is left off.

I mean he just fought for the title and they included Drew McFredries and Kendal Grove, both of whom he knocked out.
ncordless
3/19/09 4:02:35PM
Somebody share the list for those who can't watch the vid righ now plz. Props will be given.
FlashyG
3/19/09 4:08:16PM
Heavyweight -

Brock Lesnar
Big Nog
Frank Mir
Brandon Vera (can be LHW or HW)
Gabriel Gonzaga
Cain Velasquez
Chiek Kongo
Eddie Sanchez
Heath Herring
Andrei Arlovski
Cro Cop
Fabricio Werdum
Tim Sylvia
Mark Coleman
Antoni Hardonk
Justin McCully

No Carwin???

chuckw94
3/19/09 4:08:51PM
nice roster. and i liked the way they show chuck knocking out shogun. surprised by arlovski,sylvia,coleman,and eddie sanchez.
FlashyG
3/19/09 4:12:18PM
Light Heavyweight

Chuck Liddell
Rampage
Forrest
Rashad
Tito
Jardine
Wanderlei Silva
Shogun
Machida
Gouveia
Houston Alexander
Nakamura
Thiago Silva
Tim Boetch

Downloadable Content from Gamestop - Ryan Bader
ncordless
3/19/09 4:12:37PM

Posted by FlashyG

Heavyweight -

Brock Lesnar
Big Nog
Frank Mir
Brandon Vera (can be LHW or HW)
Gabriel Gonzaga
Cain Velasquez
Chiek Kongo
Eddie Sanchez
Heath Herring
Andrei Arlovski
Cro Cop
Fabricio Werdum
Tim Sylvia
Mark Coleman
Antoni Hardonk
Justin McCully

No Carwin???

Wow, I had no idea that the roster would be that deep and have fighters who havn't been in the UFC for a while.

Now I can Cro Cop kick Lesnar in effing head repeatedly.
FlashyG
3/19/09 4:15:28PM
Middleweight

Anderson Silva (LHW or MW)
Rich Franklin (LHW or MW)
Dan Henderson (LHW or MW)
Michael Bisping (LHW or MW)
Kendal Grove
Chris Leben
Jason MacDonald
Nate Marquardt
Drew McFedries
Evan Tanner
Yushin Okami
Martin Kampmann (MW or WW)
Amir Sadollah (MW or WW)
Thales Leites

ncordless
3/19/09 4:16:43PM

Posted by FlashyG

Middleweight

Anderson Silva (LHW or MW)
Rich Franklin (LHW or MW)
Dan Henderson (LHW or MW)
Michael Bisping (LHW or MW)
Kendal Grove
Chris Leben
Jason MacDonald
Nate Marquardt
Drew McFedries
Evan Tanner
Yushin Okami
Martin Kampmann
Amir Sadollah
Thales Leites

Argh! No Damien Maia?
chuckw94
3/19/09 4:17:13PM
i wish you could have them fight out of weight class. like for example brock vs rampage or shogun vs anderson silva or cro cop vs chuck. i know some of you don't like that, but i think some matchups would be cool to play out.
Wolfenstein
3/19/09 4:19:29PM
HW's
Antonio Noguiera
Brandon Vera (can fight as LHW or HW)
Frank Mir
Gabriel Gonzaga
Cain Velasquez
Cheick Kongo
Mark Coleman
Brock Lesnar
Eddie Sanchez
Heath Herring
Fabricio Werdum
Andrei Arlovski
Mirko Cro Cop
Tim Sylvia
Antoni Hardonk
Justin McCully

LHW
Chuck Lidell
Rampage
Forrest Griffin
Wanderlei Silva
Rashad Evans
Tito Ortiz
Shogun
Lyoto Machida
Keith Jardine
Wilson Gouveia
Houston Alexander
Kazuhiro Nakumara
Thiago Silva
Tim Boetsch
Ryan Bader (only available as downloadable content)

MW
Anderson Silva (all 4 top guys can fight at LHW)
Rich Franklin
Dan Henderson
Michael Bisping
Jason MacDonald
Chris Leben
Kendal Grove
Nate Marquardt
Drew McFedries
Evan Tanner
Yushin Okami
Martin Kampman
Amir Sadollah (Amir and Kampman can fight as WW's)
Thales Leites

WW
GSP
Jon Fitch
Matt Hughes
Karo Parisyan
Josh Koscheck
Mike Swick (can fight at MW)
Matt Serra
Diego Sanchez
Marcus Davis
Thiago Alves
Kyle Bradley
Ben Saunders
Chris Lytle
Josh Burkman
Matt Arroyo
Anthony Johnson

LW
BJ Penn
Kenny Florian
Sean Sherk (can fight at LW)
Roger Huerta
Joe Stevenson
Nate Diaz
Spencer Fisher
Tyson Griffin
Gray Maynard
Thiago Tavares
Joe Lauson
Rich Clementi
Mark Boceck
Hermes Franca
Frankie Edgar
Mac Danzig
Efrain Escudero (available as downloadable content)

FlashyG
3/19/09 4:20:43PM
Wolf beat me to the last 2
FlashyG
3/19/09 4:26:01PM
So many missing guys

Maia, Cote, Both the Miller Brothers, Carwin, Dolloway, Yoshida.

probably many more too
ncordless
3/19/09 4:27:52PM
A couple strange choices (Arroyo and Kyle Bradley?) but I am now officially stoked for this game.
emfleek
3/19/09 4:28:14PM
A few notable* exceptions...

Stephan Bonnar
Matt Hamill
Patrick Cote
CB Dolloway
Dan Hardy
Mac Danzig
Jim/Dan Miller
Jeremy Stephens

* Notable, as in, I would have liked to have seen them on the game.
ncordless
3/19/09 4:30:44PM
How about Josh Neer? I wanted to push forward on the joystick while not pressing the block button.
MFOTHER
3/19/09 4:37:44PM
danzig is in it
emfleek
3/19/09 4:53:35PM

Posted by MFOTHER

danzig is in it

I was going solely off of the roster that was listed in this thread and unless I'm completely blind, he's not listed.
Bowen50
3/19/09 4:59:09PM
where is Couture
Wolfenstein
3/19/09 5:03:17PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by MFOTHER

danzig is in it

I was going solely off of the roster that was listed in this thread and unless I'm completely blind, he's not listed.

My bad, he's the one guy I missed putting in, he's in there.

It almost seems like they have purposefully left out a few guys so they can milk some more money out of us.At times I think this online downloadable crap is the worst thing to ever happen to video games.
Aaronno9
3/19/09 5:03:33PM

Posted by chuckw94

i wish you could have them fight out of weight class. like for example brock vs rampage or shogun vs anderson silva or cro cop vs chuck. i know some of you don't like that, but i think some matchups would be cool to play out.

You'll beable to have at least Silva vs Chuck/Shogun becouse Anderson can fight in both divisions.

Also, anybody notice when they said Joe Stevenson they showed a picture of Cub Swanson? Weird.

Im stoked for the game now. I have to say, I was expecting a roster of about 50 guys tops but 80 was what I was really hoping for. Some of the lesser guys might not get used much online or in exibition matches ect, but they'll certainly help fill out the career mode which makes it alot more appealing to me. I also think its cool they got guys no longer in the UFC to sign up like AA, Big Tim and Mirko.

Also, lets remember most game studios are making lots of money on dlc, so all the fighters who have been missed off but seemed almost dead certs (Maia, Cote ect) will most likely be availabe to download after a while. I wouldnt be suprised if theyve got a pack for each division already ready to go live. Kinda sucks about Bader and Efrain though, considering anybody planning on buying who doesnt live in America probably doesnt have a gamestop
cmill21
3/19/09 5:09:11PM
Cro Cop is all I care about.
Khaos
3/19/09 6:31:13PM
Anyone else notice that when the guy is going over the LW's and saysJoe Stevenson, a picture of Cub Swanson comes up.
Franklinfan47
3/19/09 6:32:48PM
I guess they cant get everybody...looks pretty good though, I cant wait to play

You see similar questionable fighter rosters on wrestling video games...just happens due to time constraints.
SpiderSilva
3/19/09 6:42:19PM

Posted by Khaos

Anyone else notice that when the guy is going over the LW's and saysJoe Stevenson, a picture of Cub Swanson comes up.

I was thinking the same thing

plus where is Guida we need some hair flying around
tepid55
3/19/09 6:42:24PM
Damian Maia is in the game.
Aaronno9
3/19/09 8:09:36PM
In the video the guy says 82 fighters and only reads out 78, so it looks like 4 fighters where missed off. Im almost certain ive saw gameplay footage with Clay Guida so thats one. Id imagine Damian Maia would be another, and possibly Randy. Dont no about the other one though.
Wolfenstein
3/19/09 8:37:26PM
Updated list from junkie. So he left out Demian Maia, James Irvin, and Ricardo Almeida. Still no sign of Clay Guida, but like aaron said..I'm pretty sure I've seen footage of Guida as well.

Heavyweights: Andrei Arlovski, Mark Coleman, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, Gabriel Gonzaga, Antoni Hardonk, Heath Herring, Cheick Kongo, Brock Lesnar, Justin McCully, Frank Mir, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Eddie Sanchez, Tim Sylvia, Cain Velasquez, Brandon Vera (LH) and Fabricio Werdum

Light heavyweights: Houston Alexander, Ryan Bader*, Tim Boetsch, Stephan Bonnar, Rashad Evans, Wilson Gouveia (MW), Forrest Griffin, James Irvin, Quinton Jackson, Keith Jardine, Chuck Liddell, Lyoto Machida, Kazuhiro Nakamura, Tito Ortiz, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Thiago Silva and Wanderlei Silva

Middleweights: Ricardo Almeida, Michael Bisping (LHW), Kendall Grove, Rich Franklin (LHW), Dan Henderson (LHW), Martin Kampmann (WW), Chris Leben, Thales Leites, Jason MacDonald, Demian Maia, Nate Marquardt, Drew McFedries, Yushin Okami, Amir Sadollah (WW), Anderon Silva (LHW) and Evan Tanner

Welterweights: Thiago Alves, Matt Arroyo, Kyle Bradley, Josh Burkman, Marcus Davis, Jon Fitch, Matt Hughes, Anthony Johnson, Josh Koscheck, Chris Lytle, Karo Parisyan, Diego Sanchez, Ben Saunders, Matt Serra (LW), Georges St. Pierre and Mike Swick (MW)

Lightweights: Mark Bocek, Rich Clementi, Mac Danzig, Nathan Diaz, Frankie Edgar, Efrain Escudero*, Spencer Fisher, Kenny Florian, Hermes Franca, Tyson Griffin, Roger Huerta, Joe Lauzon, Gray Maynard, B.J. Penn (WW), Sean Sherk (WW), Joe Stevenson and Thiago Tavares

link