2008 Yahoo FANTASY BASEBALL (REGISTRATION CLOSED)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2008 Yahoo FANTASY BASEBALL (REGISTRATION CLOSED)
Next Page »
emfleek
1/29/08 10:15:51AM
I'll be starting an MMAPlayground League as soon as registration begins for Yahoo Sports Fantasy Baseball. Ideally, I'd like to have at least 12 teams in the league, but depending on interest, I'd be willing to have 14 (max). If you're interested in playing, reserve your spot here and I'll get the league started as soon as registration begins in early February. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN/BRAGGING RIGHTS!!! IT IS ***NOT*** A MONEY LEAGUE!!!

DRAFT TYPE: Live Draft

Spots will be reserved on a 1st Come / 1st Serve basis.

CONFIRMED MANAGERS:
1.) emfleek (Chicago Cubs fan)
2.) cowcatcher (Milwaukee Brewers fan)
3.) JWils (St. Louis Cardinals fan)
4.) D0wnUnd6e6r (LA Angels fan)
5.) Shawn91111 (New York Yankees fan)
6.) 40ouncetofreedom (Pittsburgh Pirates fan)
7.) icarus4321 (Minnesota Twins fan)
8.) RampageOwnedYou (Toronto Blue Jays fan)
9.) murphy_16 (New York Yankees fan)
10.) rcg916 (Oakland Athletics fan)
11.) Kpro (Seattle Mariners)
12.) DCRage (Washington Nationals)

LEAGUE IS FULL - NO MORE MANAGERS WILL BE ACCEPTED

*** LEAGUE TYPE (Head-2-Head / Rotisserie) and Scoring (Default Yahoo Scoring / Fantasy Point Scoring) will be voted on by league managers once the league is full. ***
cowcatcher
1/29/08 10:20:33AM
count me in fleek
emfleek
1/29/08 10:21:14AM

Posted by cowcatcher

count me in fleek

done.
cowcatcher
1/29/08 10:22:47AM
my all brewers roster will dominate your cubs heavy squad
emfleek
1/29/08 10:25:48AM

Posted by cowcatcher

I'm not "that guy". However, it's funny because there's usually one guy in each league that drafts mostly Yankees or mostly Red Sox. 9 times out of 10, "that guy" finishes near the bottom in rankings.

So, yeah...feel free to draft all Brewers.
cowcatcher
1/29/08 10:28:45AM
i was in a league last year and a lot of brewers players fell, so i was able to draft them late and i took 2nd. im not sure the ryan brauns and prince fielders of the team will be slipping to me this year though. i had to make a comment based purely on you being a cubbies fan and me being a brew crew fan though.
emfleek
1/29/08 10:31:12AM

Posted by cowcatcher

i was in a league last year and a lot of brewers players fell, so i was able to draft them late and i took 2nd. im not sure the ryan brauns and prince fielders of the team will be slipping to me this year though. i had to make a comment based purely on you being a cubbies fan and me being a brew crew fan though.

The word is out on that Brew Crew squad...
hippysmacker
1/29/08 10:35:15AM
Is it a head to head league, becuase I don't like them. Also , whats the scoring system please? Personally prefer fantasy point system leagues.
emfleek
1/29/08 10:40:13AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Is it a head to head league, becuase I don't like them. Also , whats the scoring system please? Personally prefer fantasy point system leagues.

I'm personally not a fan of Rotisserie...

As for scoring...the default Yahoo scoring will be used. I always go that route because you can never please everyone when you change the scoring.

All of this will be put to a vote among league managers once the league is full.
emfleek
1/29/08 10:42:28AM

In a Head-to-Head League, your team will square off in a weekly matchup against another fantasy team to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.

A new weekly matchup begins every Monday and will consist of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total after each Sunday's games).

So, if in a given week, your team hits more home runs than your opponent's, you would be credited with a victory. However, if your opponent's team ended the week with more saves than your team, you would be charged with a loss. If the two teams end up tied in a given category, each will receive credit for a tied game.

This weekly win-loss total will be added to a cumulative season record, which will be used to determine standings and playoff seedings. These standings will be based on your team's overall winning percentage, which is calculated by taking your win total and adding one-half of your tie total and dividing the sum by the total number of games your team has played.

Head-to-head scoring is available in both Public and Custom Leagues. All Public Leagues use the same default settings, while Custom League commissioners will be able to specify a number of settings, including roster size and stat categories.

emfleek
1/29/08 10:47:24AM
Actually, now that I've thought about it...

League Type (h2h or rotisserie) and scoring (default or fantasy point) will be decided on once the league is full. All managers will vote on whether they want h2h or rotisserie and whether or not to use fantasy points or the default scoring system for Yahoo.
hippysmacker
1/29/08 10:50:39AM
if its fantasy point and not head to head count me in.
emfleek
1/29/08 10:56:11AM

Posted by hippysmacker

if its fantasy point and not head to head count me in.

I can't guarantee either way...it'll be put to a vote once the league is full.
JWils
1/29/08 11:06:18AM

Posted by emfleek

I'll be starting an MMAPlayground League as soon as registration begins for Yahoo Sports Fantasy Baseball. Ideally, I'd like to have at least 12 teams in the league, but depending on interest, I'd be willing to have 14 (max). If you're interested in playing, reserve your spot here and I'll get the league started as soon as registration begins in early February. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Spots will be reserved on a 1st Come / 1st Serve basis.

CONFIRMED MANAGERS:
1.) emfleek
2.) cowcatcher
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
-----------------------------
13.)
14.)

*** LEAGUE TYPE (Head-2-Head / Rotisserie) and Scoring (Default Yahoo Scoring / Fantasy Point Scoring) will be voted on by league managers once the league is full. ***

I'll play.

Will we have a live draft?
JWils
1/29/08 11:08:11AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Looks like we'll have a NL Central feel to this league.... I'm a big Cardinal fan.
emfleek
1/29/08 11:09:03AM

Posted by JWils

Will we have a live draft?

Yes. It'll be a Live Draft.
cowcatcher
1/29/08 11:15:59AM

Posted by JWils

Posted by cowcatcher

Looks like we'll have a NL Central feel to this league.... I'm a big Cardinal fan.

i took a road trip last april to see the brew crew play in st louis, the new stadium is beautiful. the fans there arent a-holes either, but unfortunately my buddy got all kinds of drunk and we had to seek out other brewer fans for our protection, i didnt like the 500-2 odds that were piling up against us. im not a screaming lunatic at games(i have brewers partial season tix), and my buddy isnt usually either but enough bombay sapphire with that budweiser swill poured on top of it made him into mr hyde. i wasnt too happy by the time i dragged him from our cab into the hotel room but at least he didnt drink the next day at the game sparing me from further worries about getting my ass handed to me by an angry red mob.
emfleek
1/29/08 11:27:01AM
Wow...I figured these spots would go rather fast. I guess there aren't as many baseball fans on here as I originally thought.

Maybe there just aren't many people on, period. Posting seems rather slow right now...
JWils
1/29/08 12:42:18PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by JWils

Posted by cowcatcher

i took a road trip last april to see the brew crew play in st louis, the new stadium is beautiful. the fans there arent a-holes either, but unfortunately my buddy got all kinds of drunk and we had to seek out other brewer fans for our protection, i didnt like the 500-2 odds that were piling up against us. im not a screaming lunatic at games(i have brewers partial season tix), and my buddy isnt usually either but enough bombay sapphire with that budweiser swill poured on top of it made him into mr hyde. i wasnt too happy by the time i dragged him from our cab into the hotel room but at least he didnt drink the next day at the game sparing me from further worries about getting my ass handed to me by an angry red mob.

Yeah, being a babysitter always sucks.

I live about 80 miles for STL so I go to around 4 or 5 games a year. And yes, the new stadium is sweet. They did a good job with the design.
DCRage
1/29/08 1:48:54PM
If it's Roto, in. If H2H, out.
emfleek
1/29/08 1:51:44PM

Posted by DCRage

If it's Roto, in. If H2H, out.

Again, can't guarantee anything. It'll be voted on by managers once the league is full.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/29/08 2:08:04PM
as i said before Fleek, I'm down
emfleek
1/29/08 2:14:04PM
4 managers are confirmed.

We need at the very least 6 more...preferrably 8 more but no more than 10 more.

Son of a...say that 10 times fast.
emfleek
1/29/08 3:26:30PM
Come one, come all!!!
emfleek
1/29/08 4:05:39PM
C'mon, folks. You're not cool unless you play fantasy baseball.

Shawn91111
1/29/08 7:05:55PM
Count me in if there is an open spot, love Yahoo fantasy sports (Yankees fan)
iwannabesedated
1/29/08 7:25:52PM
Id get in but its hard for me to do a live draft with work and other life obligations like,Xbox,Booze,Eating and Girls...Im always down for Auto Draft leagues if you can do one of those to...

Oh yeah

Pirates.......gonna win the penant this year...HAHAHAHA

Seriously hard to be a Pirates fan..We have a really nice park at PNC

Its just to bad the owners run the team like a business and not like a sports team.

That.Or since Cubs andRed Sox claimed to be jinxed...Im saying the Pirates have the "Sid Bream" Curse....After we traded him to the Braves the following year he scores the winning run agasint us the in NL championship game and since then we aint won shit.

I guess i could do a live draft it was on a saturday afternoon or so...like 3 or 4pm eastern time...
emfleek
1/29/08 7:36:52PM
I'm hoping to do a live draft on Saturday or Sunday. I prefer NOT to do them throughout the week.
iwannabesedated
1/29/08 7:42:29PM
Well sunday i do work...and i have internet access...so i could get in on a sunday im sure.Id be at work...I access all my other yahoo teams and this site at work..so im sure i could get in a live draft if you need me...so if you can get your max without me thats good if not..im Game
Shawn91111
1/29/08 8:37:20PM
Man thats gotta be tough being a Pirates fan, definatley much respect in that fact.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5