2008 NCAA Football Season discussion

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2008 NCAA Football Season discussion
Ordep
8/23/08 9:45:14PM
Its almost here!!! The new season!!!! and my school is ranked #1 on all polls....

with Stafford, Moreno, King, MoMas and AJ Green I see the Dawgs scoring at least 42 each game . So glad we're playing LSU at their place, that doubles the pain for them

mkiv9secsupra
8/23/08 11:53:37PM
OMG SOMEONE WITH THE SAME THOUGHTS AS ME!!!!

The Dawgs are going to start AND finish #1 and undefeated beating LSU and FLA in one season! Too bad Coutu is gone. He helped pull them through some tight situations. But the acquisition of Calib King should be enough to get those few extra TDs throughout the season.

People are saying Florida is going to wreck UGA this season? Tebow and Percy Harvin cant beat an entire defense with the talent that UGA has and that is far as the elite of their program runs! Also McFadden is going to steal the Heisman from Tebow....IF Moreno doesnt get it

War UGA!!!!
stock
8/24/08 1:01:46AM
Georgia does look great this year, and I also have them #1 in my pre-season power ranking algorithm I have.

Also, even with a 1 loss season, they should definitely get the National Championship game as long as they win the SEC.
By my calculations they have the toughest schedule in all of the NCAA (just behind Washington U). Although, my strength of schedule rankings does not assume a conference championship game.

I really hope Ohio State goes undefeated this year so I can see them lose to 3 different SEC teams in 3 years!!
SpiderSilva
8/24/08 1:11:01AM
do it for UGA # whatever RIP
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/24/08 1:27:29PM
usc vs oh st in a few wks could easily decide half of the antional championship
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/24/08 6:07:32PM
NCAA Football season is Christmas season for me. Geaux Tigers!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
DiabloFreak56
8/24/08 10:22:15PM
im a notre dame fan but i can admit they are going to be a .500 team maybe a little better

but i think OSU is gonna go to the national championship game vs Florida and actually beat them this year!!
Cdellorso
8/24/08 10:29:18PM
Meecheeegan!!!!!!!!!I....................................................................................................................................................................................................................will be 8-3-9-2 Hopefully-
cant beatOHIO STATE again this year and will lose at least 1 that they are supposed to win-- Hopefullypull out the V against Utah.

Go BLUE!
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/24/08 11:34:13PM
So lets start with week 1. The two biggest games as far as the rankings are concerned are #20 Illinois at #6 Missouri and #24 Alabama vs. #9 Clemson. I could def. see bama pulling the upset. What do you guys think? Any other ranked teams you think will get upset?
mkiv9secsupra
8/25/08 10:41:23AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

So lets start with week 1. The two biggest games as far as the rankings are concerned are #20 Illinois at #6 Missouri and #24 Alabama vs. #9 Clemson. I could def. see bama pulling the upset. What do you guys think? Any other ranked teams you think will get upset?

as far as upsets in the first week id say Bama, im picking them over clemson, but as far as all the other week 1 games go i dont give much of them a chance. Most of these team are basically getting a tune up game.....Like UGA playing Georgia Southern(who wouldnt rank in the top 100)
lance70301
8/25/08 12:15:45PM

Posted by Ordep

Its almost here!!! The new season!!!! and my school is ranked #1 on all polls....

with Stafford, Moreno, King, MoMas and AJ Green I see the Dawgs scoring at least 42 each game . So glad we're playing LSU at their place, that doubles the pain for them

In Death Valley...da' dogs don't have a chance !
emfleek
8/25/08 1:11:04PM
The National Championship WILL NOT be won by a Big 10 team this year. To think otherwise is laughable.

The SEC will produce the champ...again.
mkiv9secsupra
8/25/08 2:38:33PM

Posted by lance70301

Posted by Ordep

LSU has lost Flyn, Dorsey, Hester, Jackson, and Zenon. 5 MAJOR players in LSU's game are now gone(with emphasis on Matt Flynn and Glenn Dorsey). I doubt LSU will even finish in the top 15 this year.
lance70301
8/25/08 3:30:33PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by lance70301

Posted by Ordep

LSU has lost Flyn, Dorsey, Hester, Jackson, and Zenon. 5 MAJOR players in LSU's game are now gone(with emphasis on Matt Flynn and Glenn Dorsey). I doubt LSU will even finish in the top 15 this year.

Put your avatar where your mouth is
mkiv9secsupra
8/25/08 3:46:53PM

Posted by lance70301
Put your avatar where your mouth is

AV bet on UGA vs LSU?
lance70301
8/25/08 4:35:08PM
You said LSU won't be in the top 15. Interested?
mkiv9secsupra
8/25/08 8:01:44PM

Posted by lance70301

You said LSU won't be in the top 15. Interested?

i think im crazy and confident enough for this.......ok i accept!!!
Ordep
8/27/08 12:06:28AM
just got my Full Season UGA season packet ....and waiting for the away game tickets.... see you at your place...LOSERS

Go Dawgsssssssssssss!!!

... just watched the Tivo'ed Sugar Bowl.... how beatiful
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/27/08 12:15:32AM
I respect all the football teams in the SEC but why don't you guys try winning ONE national championship this decade before you place the "loser" title on the Bayou Bengals
Ordep
8/27/08 12:31:06AM
good pinting out the "this decade" becase last week I walked in our trophies room and saw that beautiful crystal football there....

anyways.... we're five months aways for getting our 2nd one... goo luck to LSU with your new team...

lance70301
8/27/08 10:59:48AM

Posted by Ordep

good pinting out the "this decade" becase last week I walked in our trophies room and saw that beautiful crystal football there....

anyways.... we're five months aways for getting our 2nd one... goo luck to LSU with your new team...

5 months away? Wake up and learn to spell...your #1 recruiting class still can't help ya'll. Watch a real team Saturday at 4 pm in Death Valley
mkiv9secsupra
8/27/08 11:03:18AM

Posted by lance70301

Posted by Ordep

5 months away? Wake up and learn to spell...your #1 recruiting class still can't help ya'll. Watch a real team Saturday at 4 pm in Death Valley

The REAL LSU just graduated or entered the draft......but no doubt, i will be watching them put on a mediocre perfromance
Ordep
8/27/08 3:36:08PM

Posted by lance70301

Lo siento mucho se~or sabelotodo, claro que voy a ver el juego a ver su nuevo equipo mientras me rio con las jugadas mediocres a la vez que sentire lastima cuando le toque el turno de jugar con nosotros. Mejor suerte el proximo a~o.

would you check my Spanish spelling too Mr. I-know-too-much?

October 2, 2004
Bulldogs pummel defending co-national champs
Team Stat Comparison

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia's offense finally showed up, and the Bulldogs now truly look like a team that's capable of challenging for a national championship.

The LSU Tigers? Their hopes of making another run at No. 1 are finished.

David Greene set a school record by throwing five touchdown passes and No. 3 Georgia got a huge victory in the Southeastern Conference, shredding 13th-ranked LSU and its fearsome defense 45-16 on Saturday.

see ya' at Kitty Valley
FrankTheTank1181
8/28/08 8:49:08PM
Georgia has a gauntlet of a schedule this season so staying #1 will be tough. If they can come out at the end with 1 maybe even 2 losses in that schedule they could be in the BCS championship. September 13th might very well produce one or even both of the Championship teams. But I guess that's why they play the games. Oh and how could I forget to mention how awesome it will be to watch Michigan struggle through the season
mkiv9secsupra
8/28/08 8:59:36PM
Wow NC State vs Sout Carolina.......can someone please get two first downs on a single drive please? Oh well i hope S Carolina wins.....
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/28/08 11:14:38PM
I'm pulling for NC State. I really wanna see Spurrier cry.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1