1st UFC on show on Fox will only televise two bouts

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 1st UFC on show on Fox will only televise two bouts
emfleek
8/19/11 9:32:23AM
The UFC on FOX card begins at 6 p.m. and will feature two fights. It will last one hour and be completed before the start of Pacquiao's bout.

“We’ll be out of there before Pacquiao even walks to the ring,” Fertitta said. “This is going to be a perfect night for any fight fan. Get together with your friends, watch two big fights in the UFC and then change the channel to ride into the Pacquiao pay-per-view.”

LINK
sparky
8/19/11 9:47:56AM

Posted by emfleek

The UFC on FOX card begins at 6 p.m. and will feature two fights. It will last one hour and be completed before the start of Pacquiao's bout.

“We’ll be out of there before Pacquiao even walks to the ring,” Fertitta said. “This is going to be a perfect night for any fight fan. Get together with your friends, watch two big fights in the UFC and then change the channel to ride into the Pacquiao pay-per-view.”

LINK

prophecy033
8/19/11 11:16:38AM
Smart move not to go head to head with the only boxer who would out draw the ufc
Pskinner_mma314
8/19/11 12:06:32PM
and then do what strikeforce did that one time with 3 title fights, except only do 2.........just sayin
postman
8/19/11 12:24:49PM

Posted by prophecy033

Smart move not to go head to head with the only boxer who would out draw the ufc

Pretty sure Mayweather would out draw them pretty easy as well.
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/11 12:37:04PM
Idk why even try to put on a card this late, and then its the same night as the boxing.

But i guess some free fights, if i have that night off.
pmoney
8/19/11 2:35:02PM
The question is, who the hell do they get for the two fights? What weight classes? I don't know if I like this idea. I was hoping the first card on Fox would be stacked to the gills, not what essentially amounts to a two fight exhibition.
emfleek
8/19/11 2:39:54PM

Posted by pmoney

The question is, who the hell do they get for the two fights? What weight classes? I don't know if I like this idea. I was hoping the first card on Fox would be stacked to the gills, not what essentially amounts to a two fight exhibition.

It's not a 2 fight exhibition. The rest of the fights (from what I've read) will be shown on a free Facebook (or Fuel) stream...kinda like "dark" matches in WWE. Expect these two fights to be the Main and Co-Main events of the evening.
Twenty20Dollars
8/19/11 2:41:43PM
I'm wondering if they will be semi-big fights and if one will be 5 rounds or not.

I'm thinking Franklin could be one of the two, idk how bad lil nog was injuried, so could try to set that up again.

Just kinda random, but I was looking at the MW's on the ufc page and thought, I wouldn't mind seeing Leben vs Herman fight just anytime not specifically for this card.
mrsmiley
8/19/11 2:49:31PM
Just hope they don't rush this too fast.
Something just seems weird.......
bjj1605
8/19/11 2:55:42PM

show a complete card.
FastKnockout
8/19/11 2:59:25PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by pmoney

It's not a 2 fight exhibition. The rest of the fights (from what I've read) will be shown on a free Facebook (or Fuel) stream...kinda like "dark" matches in WWE. Expect these two fights to be the Main and Co-Main events of the evening.

That doesn't sound too bad. It all just depends on which fighters will be fighting in the two matches.
prophecy033
8/19/11 3:15:09PM

Posted by postman

Posted by prophecy033

Pretty sure Mayweather would out draw them pretty easy as well.

Mayweather is a d-bag
Cooler
8/19/11 3:49:45PM
Maybe they should put the remaining 3 main card fights on spike and the prelims on facebook. And Brock vs. Alistair vs. is what I think will headline the Fox portion.
prozacnation1978
8/19/11 4:21:03PM
It may be first two bouts of main card that night
My guess is guida vs henderson may be one of them
Curious what this card is. It isn't a fight night nor a numbered event
pmoney
8/19/11 4:54:44PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by pmoney

I feel ya. I just wonder why they wouldn't put at least 4-5 fights out there. If the show is scheduled to wrap before the Pac-Man fight, why not put a full sized card together? Don't get me wrong I love free fights, and I'll watch the FB fights before I turn on Fox... I guess I was just hoping for a bigger splash on their network return.
MMAcca
8/19/11 6:23:16PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by pmoney

^ This
TheBlackChip
8/19/11 7:00:30PM
We're in uncharted waters now boys. No telling what's around the bend or what hellish creatures await. All we can do is wait and see. Wait and see.
noahgenda
8/21/11 1:01:04PM
Rupert Murdoch has plans for us all