who are the top 170 pounders in the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » who are the top 170 pounders in the UFC
lloydrage
1/30/07 8:24:40PM
If you know anything about me you know I am a huge GSP fan. So of course I won tons of money when he KO'd Hughes. But my question for you is what are the top 4 170 pounders. BJ doesnt count because he moved to 155.

gspfan31
1/30/07 8:30:14PM
gsp
diego
hughes
karo

and bj didn't move to lw he's just there for the fight with pulver
tffdwg38
1/30/07 8:34:23PM
gsp
diego
hughes
karo
hippysmacker
1/30/07 8:44:24PM
GSp
Hughes
Diego
Karo
Fitch
Koshceheck
Hironaka
Serra
Burkman
Fickett
roadking95th
1/30/07 9:20:34PM
GSP
Hughes
Penn
Diego

if Penn permanently stays at 155 then I'd go woth Karo

The weight class is loaded. Penn would be Champ at 155, Hughes at 170, and GSP could possibly win at 185.
Sticksta13
1/30/07 9:21:25PM
no order

Gsp
Diego
Karo
Hughes
thelastking
1/30/07 10:04:20PM
Have to agree with everyone else
GSP
Karo
Hughes
Diego
OB_Juan
1/31/07 3:26:37AM
In order I'd say

GSP
Fitch
Hughes
Kos
Diego

This is of course given some time and proper match making.
Stickan
1/31/07 4:00:25AM

Posted by hippysmacker

GSp
Hughes
Diego
Karo
Fitch
Koshceheck
Hironaka
Serra
Burkman
Fickett

Good list of the stacked talent in 170 but add Alves to the mix.

btw. I agree with the 4 all you mentioned.
GSP
Hughes
Diego
Karo
ac_gi
1/31/07 4:20:54AM
1. Georges St. Pierre
2. Diego Sanchez
3. Matt Hughes
4. Jon Fitch
5. Karo Parisyan
Mr_Evans
1/31/07 4:40:50AM
In order from #1 to #4:

#01) GSP (Current King of 170)
#02) Matt Hughes (Former King of 170)
#03) Diego Sanchez (Undefeated and continually improving)
#04) Karo (Solid with slick Judo skills)

I'd put BJ Penn at #03 considering he's stated himself he will continue to compete at 170 despite the immediate future with the TUF show.
Stickan
1/31/07 8:33:41PM
Bah I forgot someone who doesn't get enough credit.

Josh Burkman must be on the big list. He's a very solid 170er.

Hopefully Joslin and Reiner will establish themselves soon too.

I just love every fight in that division.
hippysmacker
1/31/07 8:43:02PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by hippysmacker

GSp
Hughes
Diego
Karo
Fitch
Koshceheck
Hironaka
Serra
Burkman
Fickett

Good list of the stacked talent in 170 but add Alves to the mix.

btw. I agree with the 4 all you mentioned.
GSP
Hughes
Diego
Karo

I was just posting my UFC top 10. I like Alves, but the way Fitch and Fisher beat him makes me think he is just outside the top 10. Joslin looked pretty good aginst Koshcheck , but he has lost to the only 2 guys he fought I put in the top 10
Stickan
1/31/07 8:52:19PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I was just posting my UFC top 10. I like Alves, but the way Fitch and Fisher beat him makes me think he is just outside the top 10. Joslin looked pretty good aginst Koshcheck , but he has lost to the only 2 guys he fought I put in the top 10

Joslin never lost against Fitch. One of the worst case of robbery I've ever seen.

Well whatever . 170 is freakin stacked and I can't get enough of it.

I'm hoping for a UFC # "170" in the future featuring 10 fights with the best 20 WWs out there.
I'd fuckin get a ticket and go to Vegas to watch that one.
hippysmacker
1/31/07 8:55:38PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by hippysmacker

Joslin never lost against Fitch. One of the worst case of robbery I've ever seen.

Well whatever . 170 is freakin stacked and I can't get enough of it.

I'm hoping for a UFC # "170" in the future featuring 10 fights with the best 20 WWs out there.
I'd fuckin get a ticket and go to Vegas to watch that one.

I admit I did not see the Fitch/Joslin fight. I just remember the announcers talking about it when he fought Fitch. I'll see if I can find the fight.
Stickan
1/31/07 9:06:05PM
clip of Joslin - Fitch

I got the complete fight somewhere on my puter but I don't know how to cut and upload stuff.

This is at least some footage from the fight. Though a little biased, it's what really happens.
hippysmacker
1/31/07 9:09:04PM
Okay I found what i could on youtube. The clip only show's the contrversial part's. The headbutt suck's but it was obviously accidental, I can't beleive the ref didn't see it and give Joslin time to recover. As for the weird timeout, the announcer said they stopped to check the cut in his mouth, that might have come from an illegal thumb. Did seem strange the way the ref didn't see it, but trusted Fitch's word to check the cut. Unfortuanetly, it didn't show the whole fight, still it's strange that an american fighter would win a contreversial decision against a canadian fighter in canada. I guess we can hope for a rematch.

Edit- that's the clip I saw , too bad it doesn't show the whole fight.