After UFC 164 thriller, Chico Camus '75 percent sure' he's headed to flyweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » After UFC 164 thriller, Chico Camus '75 percent sure' he's headed to flyweight
FastKnockout
9/3/13 2:27:43AM
His coaches have suggested it. So have his teammates. Heck, even other fighters outside of his camp have made the suggestion: Chico Camus should move to flyweight.

Link
prozacnation1978
9/3/13 10:17:36AM
Would make perfect sense
airkerma
9/3/13 11:23:07AM
Not a bad idea, I thought he clearly lost rds 1 and 2 and had nothing to offer on the ground. His cardio was solid though
bjj1605
9/3/13 6:40:07PM
Please ignore my silly nonsense.
Webbie
9/3/13 6:48:34PM

Posted by bjj1605

Mizugaki has a habit of getting decisions he doesn't deserve and I suppose its because he's a top game fighter.

I still think if there was a ever a Poster-fight for the wrestling bias in MMA judging it would be Mizugaki vs. Curran. Mizugaki got out struck on the feet and when he would take Curran down he would spend the entire time eating shots and defending submissions, doing no damage of his own. Worse he ended all three rounds IN submissions, two of which would have been fight enders if the clock hadn't run down.

Posted by airkerma

Not a bad idea, I thought he clearly lost rds 1 and 2 and had nothing to offer on the ground. His cardio was solid though

Mizugaki got badly out struck in the first round in every single category and got taken down 3 or four times. He didn't get on top until there was about a minute left in the round. He did not do a thing from the top and Perez got back to his feet quickly. Perez then reversed position and got a half-takedown of his own to end the round.

You'd have to be blind to give Mizugaki that first round.

Mizugaki spent the entire second round on defense, eating hard shots and defending take downs.

Mizugaki clearly won round 3 with dominant position and a near finish on the choke. None of Goyito's offense over came that, IMO.

Still, that makes it 29-28 Perez.

I'm pretty sure airkerma was referring to Chico's fight against Kang.
bjj1605
9/3/13 7:10:07PM
Gotta admit, I don't know what the hell happened there...

airkerma
9/4/13 10:40:42AM
Haha that made me chuckle