UFC 161 headliner Eddie Wineland going after belt he was original owner of

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 161 headliner Eddie Wineland going after belt he was original owner of
prophecy033
3/23/13 12:00:32PM
The way Eddie Wineland is looking at things, Renan Barao might be holding on to a belt, but he's just renting it. And for that matter, Dominick Cruz, too. Wineland was the first bantamweight champ in WEC history. At UFC 161, he wants his title back.

Link
frizzzlecake
3/23/13 1:41:09PM
WAR WINELAND!!
tcunningham
3/23/13 2:31:04PM
im a huge wineland fan. i think he's got some holes in his game and i doubt he'll ever hold that belt again, but he's like cerrone, they both come to fight every time. i was impressed with brad picket's hands until he fought wineland. i think eddie has serious boxing talent but is lacking in the kickboxing category. you rarely see him mix his kicks in.
Budgellism
3/23/13 3:51:22PM

Posted by tcunningham

im a huge wineland fan. i think he's got some holes in his game and i doubt he'll ever hold that belt again, but he's like cerrone, they both come to fight every time. i was impressed with brad picket's hands until he fought wineland. i think eddie has serious boxing talent but is lacking in the kickboxing category. you rarely see him mix his kicks in.

He's looked great in his last two fights. I agree that he'll probably never hold a belt again but he's a tough fight for anyone in the division. He really goes after those fight night bonuses too.