UFC 156: McCall vs. Benavidez and Dunham vs. Tibau added to Super Bowl weekend

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 156: McCall vs. Benavidez and Dunham vs. Tibau added to Super Bowl weekend
sparky
12/5/12 11:42:49PM
UFC officials have announced that Ian McCall vs. Joseph Benavidez and Evan Dunham vs. Gleison Tibau have been added to the UFC 156 event that’s set for Super Bowl weekend on February 2nd.

McCall (11-3-1) is coming off the unanimous decision loss to the now current UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson. The two were fighting for the honor of fighting in the inaugural UFC flyweight championship fight. The two had fought to a majority draw in the fight before that in what was a very exciting fight.

Benavidez (16-3) is also coming off a loss to Demetrious Johnson in his last fight. The two fought for the inaugural UFC flyweight title with Johnson winning a unanimous decision. The other two losses for Benavidez came against UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz.

Link
FastKnockout
12/5/12 11:46:47PM
I would've preferred seeing them face a couple of different opponents before meeting up. Can't complain though since this will be one hell of a fight.
jae_1833
12/6/12 12:24:05AM
I am curious to see if Dunham can stay relevant, Tibau is big and not one to push around.....he has been a bit undependable lately.
Budgellism
12/6/12 12:54:38AM
Both great fights. I'm really excited to see Joey B and Uncle Creepy throw down though
DrivenDavies15
12/6/12 1:26:58AM
War Dunham!!! Greats fights! I just can't wait for Benavidez vs McCall!
airkerma
12/6/12 9:23:02AM
Damn I don't like Tibau vs Dunham because I like them both. I think Tibau can be top of the food chain when he fights smart, but if he wins Dunham may not stick around much longer.
War closing my eyes for the whole fight
prozacnation1978
12/6/12 2:35:10PM
Great fights added with faber moved to 157
McCall vs benaviez should be on main card now.