UFC 154: Stephen Thompson pulled from card with knee injury

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 154: Stephen Thompson pulled from card with knee injury
Budgellism
10/26/12 10:36:30AM
Yes, we have another injury to report. The preliminary card of UFC 154 has taken a hit as Stephen Thompson has been forced out of his fight with Besam Yousef with a knee injury. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani has the story:

Welterweight prospect Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson has pulled out of his UFC 154 fight against Besam Yousef due to an injured knee, MMAFighting.com confirmed with sources close to the fight. Thompson recently suffered a torn meniscus in training. He will undergo surgery on Monday and is expected to be out of action for eight weeks.

LINK
Biggavelli
10/26/12 10:50:02AM
@$&#*&$ Injuries!
airkerma
10/26/12 11:09:23AM
Dag, I was really excited to see him get back out there. His striking is great but with the kicks and weak ground game, he gasses a bit early.
pmoney
10/26/12 11:54:15AM

Posted by airkerma

Dag, I was really excited to see him get back out there. His striking is great but with the kicks and weak ground game, he gasses a bit early.

Agreed. I was impressed that he went the distance with Matt Brown. Brown was beating the piss out of him with that ground and pound, and if I recall, Thompson even had a late comeback and hurt him. He showed some great heart. If he can shore up his cardio and ground game, it'd be great to see.
BuffaloDave
10/26/12 12:00:11PM
More like Wonderbread...

Seriously though, sucks to see him off the card. At least the injury isn't to serious.
Samps
10/26/12 3:07:29PM
Gunnar Nelson as replacement?
shaneTpain
10/26/12 4:42:06PM
Boooooooo! Leave that card alone injury bug! Any card but that one !!