UFC 153 results and analysis - Silva toys with Bonnar, stops him in R1

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 153 results and analysis - Silva toys with Bonnar, stops him in R1
isk
10/14/12 12:54:49AM
Article link

RIO DE JANEIRO – Neither size nor toughness could save Stephan Bonnar from Anderson Silva.

Silva, who stepped up to light heavyweight to save the injury-rattled UFC 153, brazenly took Bonnar's best shots before launching a knee that crumpled "The American Psycho" in the first round.

The light heavyweight bout served as the main event of Saturday's UFC 153 event at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

"I'm not the best," Silva said through his translator and manager Ed Soares. "I just believe that I can do things that people believe are impossible."
isk
10/14/12 12:55:59AM
Good card, worth watching, and kind of a miracle considering the number of injury replacements.

Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar - No surprise here, The Spider toys with Bonnar before landing a pulverizing knee to the chest, finishing with perfunctory punches within the first round. Bonnar did what he could at the start, working for a takedown and hanging in the striking exchanges, but he's generally won through volume and pressure on the ground. Once Silva was done clowning around by (seriously, if you didn't see it, this is what happened) standing flat-footed with his back to the cage, we saw super smart striking - even the guys with the best chins can fold with a hard body shot. And fold Bonnar did, visibly wincing and going fetal immediately. Bonnar did the UFC a huge favor by taking this, so his place in the organization is likely safe due to his TUF history and his 3 wins just before. Great moment between Big Nog and Silva after the fight. It's really meaningful to these guys to not only win in Brazil, but on the same card.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Dave Herman - Adding another story to his legend, Minotauro becomes the first man to submit Herman in a fun 2R. The first period was back and forth, mostly on the feet, with a sweet hip toss early from Herman. Nogueira landed with more volume, while Herman's body kick crackled. R2 was a different story, with Nogueira landing a train of a left hook before dominating on the ground. A bit of up-and-down action before Nogueira landed another takedown, moving effortlessly to mount for a relentless armbar attack. Herman rolled with it well, actually, but it was too much in the end. And too much for Anderson Silva, who was moved to tears while warming up. One of the bigger MMA trolls had to eat his words tonight - not that he gives a shit. I think this is the perfect time for Minotauro to walk into the sunset - healthy, wealthy, and with a fantastic win in his homeland.

Glover Teixeira vs Fabio Maldonado - A serious display of manly beard and testicular fortitude, Teixeira hits Maldonado with several third world countries before the doctor stops the fight after R2. As expected, Glover came out storming, landing a few big shots before a hook to the temple dazed Maldonado. From there, Glover landed dozens of heavy bombs, almost sinking in an arm triangle that Maldonado outlasted through heart as much as technique. Maldonado managed to get back to his feet and appeared to be held up by the cage - until he caught a beckoning Glover with a hook right on the jaw. Both guys remained on their feet, but these are shots that have ended a lot of dudes before. R2 was more of the same - the vicious strikes and ground work of Teixeira, with the courage and intelligent defense of Maldonado. The fight was almost stopped by the doctor late in R2, with the fight appropriately called after the R2 bell. Fabio's face was a mess, and if he didn't earn an undisclosed bonus, I don't know who has. Glover said it best - this guy is not human.

Jon Fitch vs Erick Silva - A pulse check for a prospect and a well-earned paycheck for a veteran, Fitch works over Silva in 3 rounds. Fitch derailed the Silva hype train right away in R1 with his standard glue-like ground work, landing multiple takedowns and scoring crisp GnP. Silva did land a nice overhand right, though some of the blow was deflected off Fitch's shoulder. R2 was similar, though Silva was a bit more competitive on the ground. He even nearly sunk in an RNC late in R1, though Fitch defended extremely well and reversed position. Then it was Fitch's turn to almost make his guy tap with a deep armbar, with Silva rolling out very nicely with a subtle turn of the wrist and a wall walk off the cage. Silva looked exhausted in R3, throwing nothing before Fitch wrapped him up in a body lock, forcing him to the ground, and doing what he does with mean GnP and submission attempts. To Silva's credit, he stayed in the fight, getting out for a minute and going for a guillotine. Heart's not always enough, though, and Fitch stayed active enough on top and in the clinch to keep it in his wheelhouse. Silva's a real talent, and this might be just what he needs to complete his game.

Phil Davis vs Wagner Prado - The eye poke is dismissed as Davis throws Prado around, choking him out in R2. Both fighters were tentative in the first 2 minutes - they've got a lot of respect for each others' games, and a lot of it is waiting for the other guy to leave an opening. Prado delivered just that with a punch that Davis ducked under and rode for a takedown, dominating for the rest of the round with solid GnP and multiple takedowns. Each guy broke the rules here, Prado grabbing the fence multiple times and Davis landing a big rabbit punch on the ground. The former's instinctual and the last was incidental - shit happens in a fight. R2 was similar, mostly Davis controlling on the ground, working in GnP when possible, leading to a deep-but-not-quite arm triangle into a scramble, from which Davis locked up the neck with an anaconda grip, flipped into a gator roll for an ex-wife* of a choke. Much like with Silva, we have a young and talented Brazilian striker who was humbled by a far superior grappler. Davis obviously showed his standup is still developing, as his 1-2 was a bit slow and non-committal. I'd love to see him get in more time with the speed bag.

*Props to Sam Sicilia there. If you didn't hear, he calls his guillotine "the ex-wife" - there's no escape, and it takes half your paycheck.

Demian Maia vs Rick Story - Maia returns to his roots and reminds us just how suffocating his ground game is, forcing a tap from Story via gruesome neck crank (officially an RNC) midway through R1. Story seemed to catch Maia with a couple punches early on, but Maia wisely went in for the takedown and nailed it. Story defended well enough, especially for a guy with a wrestling base, but Maia continued to land technical trip takedowns, gradually getting the back for a RNC attempt. Again, Story defended well, but the thing about a guy like Maia is that he has so many BJJ tools. He turned the choke into a salty neck rank that made Story literally start bleeding from the nose and mouth. Okay, that bleeding was started with a bit of GnP before, but that's one of those MMA moments that'll be emblazoned in my memory. I like what Maia did here - his standup is much improved, but he tends to be overpowered by power punchers. In the meantime, I still think he should rematch Dong Hyun Kim (who'll be facing Paulo Thiago in a month) sooner or later.

Rony "Jason" Bezarra vs Sam Sicilia - A brutal brawl with heavy hands thrown throughout, Jason stops Sicilia late in R2 off a clean counter. The first round was somewhat close. Jason easily had the advantage standing, dropping Sicilia once and rocking him at least one other time. That sandwiched a Sicilia TDD into decent GnP, but Jason appeared lucid the whole time, often controlling the wrists and attacking with armbar/triangle attempts. Jason also had a couple nice flying knees, mostly landing in the chest but were still nicely timed. R2 was, really, two tough dudes throwing iron hammers in leather gloves. Anyone who claims that lighter weight fighters don't hit hard, well, they should watch this fight. The final exchange was just as satisfying, Sicilia first landing a nice punch, then going for a body kick caught by Jason, leading to a right counter and push to the ground, with solid punches and hammerfists forcing a TKO (or verbal tap, depending on how you call it). Sicilia's as tough as they come, so he may have had a broken jaw or similar injury there. Jason looked rather good tonight, showing the real potential we mostly missed out on in the TUF finale. Kid's still got room for improvement, of course, but this is promise right here.

Joe Rogan appears to have finally lost his mind (or been cowed into compliance by the UFC payroll) right at the end of the prelims. I thought he was gonna headbutt the camera.

Gleison Tibau vs. Francisco Trinaldo - A nice scrap on the ground and the feet between two LW fireplugs, Tibau's experience proves to a bit too much for an impressive newcomer in a R2 rounds to 1 decision. R1 went as expected, with Tibau hanging with a striker well enough while mixing in takedowns to win on points. What stood out to me the most were two things - Trinaldo's excellent hand speed, and Tibau's hands down/head up stance when retreating. This led to him getting caught in R2 by a left hook to the temple, and from there, Trinaldo nearly sunk in a choke before landing some nice GnP. Though Tibau defended well, he got grinded on for half the round. Gleison showed his veteran experience in R3 by striking just enough to be respected befiore switching it up to takedowns on an exhausted Trinaldo. Tibau's mount sealed the deal, with an arm triangle not quite able to be locked in due to fatigue. Tibau remains a gatekeeper, though that exposed chin needs to be tucked as a competent striker will make him pay for it. Trinaldo, on the other hand, could be a real threat if he runs a few more miles before TDD work.

Diego Brandao vs. Joey Gambino - A decent rebonud for the TUF FW champ, Brandao lands multiple haymakers on a beyond game Gambino for a 3R decision. R1 was fairly even - though Brandao landed considerably more shots, Gambino stuck through it and pursued Brandao smartly. There's this kind of balance that punchers need to find, to where they're reaching just enough to catch a fleeing opponent without chasing and hitting air. Gambino showed that early. R2 was a different story, with Brandao landing a fastball pitch of an overhand right midway through. While Gambino was clearly dropped, he showed intelligent resilience, generally controlling the posture of Brandao until another questionable standup came from The Other Yamasaki. The rest of the fight proceeded similarly, with Brando dropping Gambino again with a big punch but not quite putting him away. Brandao actually showed a nice, grinding GnP style reminiscent of old school Team Quest - if only the ref let it play out - before showing a little Roy Jones Jr action by dropping the hands and dodging punches. I think his final few seconds in the fight were a bit disrespectful, and his cardio still needs work, but there's no denying that he beat a tough kid in all 3 rounds.

Sergio Moraes vs Renee Forte - A come-from-behind rear naked choke leading to the most ambigiously homosexual moment in Brazilian MMA since the infamous Wandy/Shogun image, Sergio Moraes persists through fatigue and a stunner in R2 for a submission in R3. Whenever the grappler sets the tone early with takedowns and clinch work, it's not the easiest thing ever for a striker to break out of that defensive mindset. Forte made a move with a nice exchange late in R2, dropping Moraes (who'd winded himself from multiple failed takedowns). That said, all Moraes needed in R3 was a brief opportunity to take Forte's back. Moraes stayed tight on the back, locking in the body triangle, continually working the choken, eventually forcing Forte to the ground. From there, the choke came quickly - and then, yeah, friendly comraderie getting lost in translation. Moraes even one-upped the Wandy/Shogun image by planting a kiss. Most telling was the chunk of triceps missing from Moraes' left arm - obviously there'd been some sort of surgery. I'll never count out Moraes, as he continued to show the heart displayed in the TUF finale, but yeah, he absolutely has to work on that standup.

Luiz Cane vs Chris Camozzi - A solid standup show between two huge middleweights, Chris Camozzi clearly takes it with smart combinations 2 rounds to 1. Rogan's comment in R1 about Cane being at a speed disadvantage was laughable. Yes, it's true in general theory, but Camozzi is not a fast MW - he simply had superior timing and aggression, not to mention the nice level changes and varied strikes. We saw leg kicks, knees to the body, double and triple jabs followed by straight power hands over the guard. Cane picked it up a bit late in the 3rd round, with an impressive 1-2 in the last minute, but Camozzi ate it and kept going. A guy with that kind of beard can't be dropped with a couple clean shots - you need 5, 6, way more bombs in a row. Additionally, Cane also showed some of that predatory instinct in R1 we know him for, when Camozzi overcommitted to a swing and Cane took the back for a bit. Camozzi defended well, though, and outworked his opponent the whole fight. Cane's move to 185 may be the best thing long-term, but sometimes a fighter's a bit flat in that first lower-weight fight.

Christiano Marcello vs Reza Madadi - A bloody, gritty, lively standup war, Marcello's higher volume striking carries him to a controversial 3R split over an equally tough Madadi. This one was hard to judge - Madadi had a takedown in each round, but didn't really do a lot with it. I'm sure the unreasonably quick standup in R1 from Fernando Yamasaki was a factor. The one hole I saw in Madadi's striking game was that almost all of his head movement was based around ducking. That's just asking for a knee or an uppercut. While Both guys landed often and with power, Marcello's propensity towards front kicks and swinging punches led to a marked-up but still conscious opponent. To his credit, he had a nice job and a several crushing rib roasters, whereas Madadi tagged Marcello's chin that became exposed in retreat. It was anyone's fight coming into R3, and Marcello landing almost entirely unanswered in the final 2 minutes was probably the difference. I loved watching this, both guys brought the violence, and standard was set immediately for Fight of the Night. Also notable was Marcello's invitation for Rogan to come to his BJJ gym.
FastKnockout
10/14/12 1:14:13AM
Great post-fight as always.
Twenty20Dollars
10/14/12 1:41:55AM
I would have given FOTN to Reza/Marcello. Thought it was better than Fitch/Silva.

Also, b/c Reza got screwed.
prozacnation1978
10/14/12 2:37:28AM
Great comeback

Lost first two fights. Me and my friend won last 10
Beat him in points 91-89. Damm close
aussiemma
10/14/12 4:00:06AM
Anderson silva is a god...that shit was seriously fucking ridiculous.
Hendo67
10/14/12 5:08:16AM
Is he a god? or has he honestly been served the easiest batch of 205'ers in the UFC? Don't get me wrong, what he did was impressive, hes the best in the world for a reason, but my god... can they pick any more fighters who fit right into Andersons style?

- Anderson vs slow strikers, check.
- Anderson vs slow moving grapplers, check.

Apparently this guy can beat a Hulked out Incredible Hulk, and his twin brother acording to the MMA word, isn't it time you throw Silva into a match that isn't with a guy who's on the verge of retirement?
State_Champ
10/14/12 7:49:24AM

Posted by Hendo67

Is he a god? or has he honestly been served the easiest batch of 205'ers in the UFC? Don't get me wrong, what he did was impressive, hes the best in the world for a reason, but my god... can they pick any more fighters who fit right into Andersons style?

Apparently this guy can beat a Hulked out Incredible Hulk, and his twin brother acording to the MMA word,? isn't it time you throw Silva into a match that isn't with a guy who's on the verge of retirement

What?
BigBadAl
10/14/12 8:07:32AM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Hendo67

Apparently this guy can beat a Hulked out Incredible Hulk, and his twin brother acording to the MMA word,? isn't it time you throw Silva into a match that isn't with a guy who's on the verge of retirement

What?

I want, to Anderson v Glover now!! Only cos J Jones is too scared of losing his 'legacy' to fight him.

State_Champ
10/14/12 8:14:57AM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Hendo67

What?

I want, to Anderson v Glover now!! Only cos J Jones is too scared of losing his 'legacy' to fight him.

Glovers getting old, he might be too close to retirement
george112
10/14/12 8:30:38AM

Posted by Hendo67

Apparently this guy can beat a Hulked out Incredible Hulk, and his twin brother acording to the MMA word, isn't it time you throw Silva into a match that isn't with a guy who's on the verge of retirement?

This post is absolutely accurate. The UFC made you believe Stephan Bonnar actually had a chance. Saying how crazy he was and so on. The reality is is that Stephan was never a contender for the title at 205 or 185. He beat some guys but come on those guys weren't contender level either.

Anderson said it should be a great fight blah blah. A tough fight blah blah. If you actually believed that then I must say your too naive. Anderson went into that fight knowing he could control the fight on the feet. Knowing that Bonnar couldn't hurt him. The guy had his hands down against the cage for Christ's sake.

It frustrates me so bad to see the UFC pull the wool over peoples eyes trying to make you think Stephan was something that he is not. That being a legitimate threat to Anderson.

No disrespect to Bonnar he is a helluva fighter and one of my favorites but I can't deny he had no business being in the cage with Anderson.

In my eyes Anderson AND the UFC are padding his record with fights like these. I realize he saved the card but it would have been just as easy to find a MW contender for him to fight.

I picked Bonnar to win by the way. Not because I expected him to. But out of my huge dislike for Anderson.

Anderson and the UFC blew smoke up everyones ass leading up to this fight and its a damn shame a lot of the PG enjoyed it
isk
10/14/12 8:49:44AM
Oh it was a marketing thing, totally. The UFC's Facebook page had Bonnar as the background image with the Twitter tag of #unstoppable. Both Goldie and Rogan were in rare hype form last night, but it was easy to see through. Anderson's speed and takedown defense were thought to be too much for Bonnar, and they were.

Here's the thing that made it worthwhile to me - we were supposed to get Aldo vs Koch. The challenger's a prospect, but nowhere near ready for a title shot. I think he'll hang tough with Aldo until ultimately being skinned alive, and if he has any chance at all, it'd be because Aldo has a nagging injury or doesn't take him seriously enough.

Would Teixeira have made a better opponent? Absolutely. I think Silva would've still taken him, but Silva's got this thing about not wanting to fight 205 prospects or champs. Which makes sense, really, because he considers himself a MW (and at this point doesn't want to get in the way of friends like Machida). Until that mindset changes, we're going to get opponents like Bonnar - especially on a short-notice fight like this.

I don't think there's any crime in Silva getting another addition to his highlight reel. Bonnar signed on willingly and got paid. Yeah, it sucks that he can no longer claim he's never been stopped due to strikes, but it's still impressive to say the only guy who did it might be the GOAT.

Until this becomes a regular thing, like if we start getting PRIDE freakshow fights like Butterbean vs. Genki Sudo, I don't have a problem with it - but that's just my take, and I understand why some folks would.
george112
10/14/12 9:46:10AM
I agree with you and don't mind watching the fight.

What I have a problem with is how they tout Anderson as the GOAT when he's beating mid-tier guys just about every other fight he has.
airkerma
10/14/12 10:27:42AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Great post-fight as always.

JoeWarren33
10/14/12 10:55:01AM
Anderson Silva just basically showed the world he is the badest man on the planet!!
Hope GSP gets to feel the wrath of Anderson, in a fight I'VE been waiting years for now!
Adam_Buru
10/14/12 11:04:12AM

Posted by george112

What I have a problem with is how they tout Anderson as the GOAT when he's beating mid-tier guys just about every other fight he has.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can see this. IMO Anderson has only ever beaten one elite level fighter in his entire career and that was Henderson. I find it hilarious the UFC desperately pushes him as the GOAT and gullible people just accept it as fact.
Manak
10/14/12 1:08:15PM

Posted by Adam_Buru

Posted by george112

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can see this. IMO Anderson has only ever beaten one elite level fighter in his entire career and that was Henderson. I find it hilarious the UFC desperately pushes him as the GOAT and gullible people just accept it as fact.

What about Rich Franklin and Vitor??? Including Forrest he has beaten 4 former title holders.

he has finished everyone in devastating ways (minus maia, leites, & cote)

Yes Bonnar was an easy fight for him but hey it was short notice and they needed something plus he got to fight in his home country. And Anderson made this fight entertaining to watch. Bonnar had never been stopped, jon jones could not stop him and this was when jones fought more aggressive (before he pickied up the Jackson point fighting style). It posed an interest in the fact we got to see in a guy tougher than nails faces best..

anderson should have yelled after his win: "Are you not entertained"
postman
10/14/12 2:38:31PM
If you fell for the hype that Bonnar had a chance then thats your fault. What did you want them to do come out and be like yeah we know Bonnar has no chance but some watch Anderson get a nice workout in front of the home country?
PhilBrito
10/14/12 6:33:53PM
Bonnar: I'm gonna take the fight to Silva. I've got nothing to lose.

*Holds Silva against the fence
bjj1605
10/14/12 7:06:00PM
My thoughts....

1) Anderson Silva is clearly the greatest of all time. Anyone who denies that is a hater. I really can't see any way of defending that position and to me there's not even a point in talking about it anymore. It's not even an interesting debate. It's like debating who the winner of UFC 1 was....we all already know. Could other people have beaten Stephan Bonnar? Absolutely yes. Could anyone else have toyed with him the way Anderson did? Could anyone else have let Bonnar punch him? Could anyone else have purposefully put himself against the cage and come back to win? Could anyone else have finished Stephan Bonnar (notoriously tough) AT WILL? No, no, no, and no.

2) I would be very happy if Big Nog retired after that win. Unfortunately, knowing what I do about fighters, I doubt that he will.

3) Erick Silva is a tough SOB. I thought that he was a bit over hyped heading into this fight and I expected Fitch to destroy him. The third round went how I expected the whole fight to go but honestly Erick Silva impressed me. Not many people could grapple with Fitch and do that well. Silva had him in trouble a couple of times and if he doesn't let this loss get to him mentally I think it could actually be a good thing for his career.

4) Demian Maia finally got back to his roots and it paid off. Ever since the Nate Marquardt fight I've been saying that he needs to forget about striking. Forget about being a well rounded mixed martial artist. World class BJJ is what got him to where he is. He needs to go for takedowns and guard pulls with reckless abandon and not even think about throwing strikes on the feet.

5) Rony Jason looked good. I will admit though, I was very disappointed when the ref stood up Sam Sicilia. That was one of the quickest stand-ups I can remember seeing and I think it could potentially have influenced the outcome of the fight.

6) Maddadi got robbed by the Brazilian judges. It was a competitive fight. Marcello was in it the whole time and he definitely didn't get run over. Still, there is no doubt in my mind that the judges picked the wrong guy as the winner. 30-27? Are you f%&king kidding me???

Edit:

7) Almost forgot. Maldonado is inhuman. He is one of the toughest guys (mentally and physically) that I have ever seen. In this case he might have been too tough for his own good and the doctor made the right call IMO.
aussiemma
10/15/12 3:12:10AM

Posted by Adam_Buru

Posted by george112

if you can't see what anderson did the other night as fucking incredible and you think he is over-rated then i have nothing else to say to you.
telnights
10/15/12 10:33:38AM
I'm kind of surprised people are still doubting Anderson as the GOAT.

He has won 17 fights in a row and 13 were top 10 fighters at the time of the fight. Out of those 17 only 2 went to a decision and to top it off 12 of those fights were title fights. To discount his win over Forrest is crazy. Forrest was ranked in the top 5 of LHWs and had just lost the title one fight before fighting Anderson. Now don't get me wrong Bonnar wasn't a top 10 but he was far from a can and to discount him is also crazy. Bonnar had never been stopped other than doctor stoppage before fighting Anderson.

What also gets me is for a very long time almost everyone was claiming Fedor Emelianenko as the GOAT and he had a lot less impressive record than Anderson does now. So to say Anderson has only beat one elite level fighter or has beat up nothing but mid level fighters shows very much a lack of understanding of MMA or your just clearly blinded by hate.
george112
10/15/12 12:40:46PM

Posted by telnights

I'm kind of surprised people are still doubting Anderson as the GOAT.

He has won 17 fights in a row and 13 were top 10 fighters at the time of the fight. Out of those 17 only 2 went to a decision and to top it off 12 of those fights were title fights. To discount his win over Forrest is crazy. Forrest was ranked in the top 5 of LHWs and had just lost the title one fight before fighting Anderson. Now don't get me wrong Bonnar wasn't a top 10 but he was far from a can and to discount him is also crazy. Bonnar had never been stopped other than doctor stoppage before fighting Anderson.

What also gets me is for a very long time almost everyone was claiming Fedor Emelianenko as the GOAT and he had a lot less impressive record than Anderson does now. So to say Anderson has only beat one elite level fighter or has beat up nothing but mid level fighters shows very much a lack of understanding of MMA or your just clearly blinded by hate.

I just can't agree. All of the guys he faced went on to do nothing. Why? Because the fights that got those guys in the top ten were probably only ONE fight. It's one damn big ass illusion if you ask me
Bubbles
10/16/12 10:23:37AM
top 10 in MW wasn't saying much over the last few years as it was widely regarded as the 2nd shallowest division in the UFC (HW took top spot). It has improved over the last year or so with guys like Belcher and Weidman now in the mix, Boetsch and/or Lombard possibly too, but that doesn't effect what the division had to offer 3+ years ago. Not to mention Belfort's MW ranking at the time of the fight was an absolute joke.

Fedor's management is the only reason why people have doubt as he never fought in the UFC. Fedor never turned down a fight or tried to avoid fighting anyone as much as Silva has over the last few years

I'm not going to get into this any more, but I will finish saying that Anderson is the greatest fighter today, and #2 all time. Fedor is still the GOAT
george112
10/16/12 11:00:19AM

Posted by Bubbles

top 10 in MW wasn't saying much over the last few years as it was widely regarded as the 2nd shallowest division in the UFC (HW took top spot). It has improved over the last year or so with guys like Belcher and Weidman now in the mix, Boetsch and/or Lombard possibly too, but that doesn't effect what the division had to offer 3+ years ago. Not to mention Belfort's MW ranking at the time of the fight was an absolute joke.

Fedor's management is the only reason why people have doubt as he never fought in the UFC. Fedor never turned down a fight or tried to avoid fighting anyone as much as Silva has over the last few years

I'm not going to get into this any more, but I will finish saying that Anderson is the greatest fighter today, and #2 all time. Fedor is still the GOAT