UFC 152 Aftermath: Igor Pokrajac Bitter Over Submission Loss To Magalhaes, Complains About Grappling In MMA

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 152 Aftermath: Igor Pokrajac Bitter Over Submission Loss To Magalhaes, Complains About Grappling In MMA
Next Page »
airkerma
9/24/12 2:20:59PM
link
The top billed bout on the UFC 152 preliminary card special on FX was a light-heavyweight bout between the surging Igor Pokrajac and the returning TUF runner up, Vinny Magalhaes.

In the second round Vinny was able to do what he does and finish his opponent via armbar to make his return to the Octagon a successful one.

Igor, apparently didn’t like the Brazilians strategy and took to twitter to voice his complaint.

thevoodooninja
9/24/12 2:25:43PM
I like you igor, don't fuck it up for me
Budgellism
9/24/12 2:27:12PM
Igor lost that fight entirely because of himself. Not because of Vinny's game plan or grappling in mma. There was 0 reason for him to take arguably the best BJJ guy in the LHW division to the ground and he did and he lost. That's what happens.
grappler0000
9/24/12 2:27:28PM
Just posted this in the funny picture thread earlier, but it's definitely relevant here

george112
9/24/12 2:27:50PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

I like you igor, don't fuck it up for me

Haha

Exactly what I was gonna post only with different words

It was a legit armbar. Deal with it and move on. Now you know what to train more sub defense
cowcatcher
9/24/12 2:28:14PM

Posted by Budgellism

Igor lost that fight entirely because of himself. Not because of Vinny's game plan or grappling in mma. There was 0 reason for him to take arguably the best BJJ guy in the LHW division to the ground and he did and he lost. That's what happens.

Terrible strategy by Igor, he has nothing to bitch about here.
airkerma
9/24/12 2:29:47PM
Yeah I found it too funny not to post here. If he got hit in the head enough during the fight I could file this under brain injury, but seriously, what an idiotic thing to say.
Chael_Sonnen
9/24/12 2:50:15PM
Hey IGOR - - - this isn't Pride 17 where they had to make "special rules" for the K-1 prima-dona....what is it about Croatia? The land of no TDD

More bleeding VJJ's than a kingsmasher family reunion.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
isk
9/24/12 2:54:31PM
Igor pretty much dove into Magalhaes' guard in the 2nd round, after nearly being submitted in the 1st round. That's on him.

Totally understand venting a bit afterwards, especially considering it's Twitter. In the long run he should man up, accept this part of the game, and learn from it.
shaneTpain
9/24/12 3:03:29PM

with all of the above
Bubbles
9/24/12 3:26:48PM

Posted by grappler0000

Just posted this in the funny picture thread earlier, but it's definitely relevant here

Captain Hindsight
cowcatcher
9/24/12 3:44:03PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

....what is it about Croatia?

Leave Croatia out of this...

cowcatcher=Croatian
bigrand826
9/24/12 3:44:50PM
I picked Igor in my parlay, and he ruined it, so no doubt I'm not happy about his strategy (or lack there of). IMO, he was lucky to escape in the 1st, and I was thinking, 'Ok, now he'll avoid the clinch.' But, no, not only does he clinch in the 2nd, he takes Vinny down and gets subbed for his trouble. Now he complains about it? The pic says it all.
Goatenstein
9/24/12 4:29:17PM
If he didn't want to grapple why the fuck did he take Vinny down? What a crybaby.
Bubbles
9/24/12 4:31:52PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

cowcatcher=Croatian

I feel sorry for you
cowcatcher
9/24/12 4:59:46PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

cowcatcher=Croatian

I feel sorry for you

Well I'm American, but my immediate family is from there. Croatia doesn't have another country's monarch on it...just saying
Budgellism
9/24/12 5:14:58PM

Posted by shaneTpain

with all of the above

lol, whoever gave you your av is very unoriginal. Funny though.
tallica62
9/24/12 6:27:42PM
should have been sub of the night
ghandikush
9/24/12 6:42:14PM
Igor=fail........ Come on now, no comment even necessary.
decken
9/24/12 8:54:39PM

Posted by Budgellism

Agree but I would argue one of the best BJJ guys in the world not just the lhw division.
kingsmasher
9/24/12 9:15:47PM
I agree with Igor but he took that fight to the ground in the second round...What was he thinking?
calitrees
9/25/12 1:30:03AM
Igoring-When you take down someone who you have no business being on the ground with only to be submitted instantly
meier
9/25/12 1:48:11AM
Too much crying from fighters...just fight!
Bubbles
9/25/12 10:03:46AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

cowcatcher=Croatian

I feel sorry for you

Well I'm American, but my immediate family is from there. Croatia doesn't have another country's monarch on it...just saying

Well I'm Canadian, but my family (except my mom) is from Italy. And Italy > Croatia so I win
cowcatcher
9/25/12 10:21:55AM
You definitely win on the food front.
Bubbles
9/25/12 2:00:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

and soccer
bjj1605
9/25/12 2:31:14PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

and soccer

This is an MMA site fellas.

Croatia has Cro Cop.

What does Italy have??
ghandikush
9/25/12 2:57:45PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

and soccer

This is an MMA site fellas.

Croatia has Cro Cop.

What does Italy have??

cowcatcher
9/25/12 3:50:37PM
Clear win for Croatia in a sport that matters as outlined above.
Bubbles
9/25/12 4:46:44PM
point conceded
Pages: [1] 2