UFC 150 Weigh In Results

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 150 Weigh In Results
kopower
8/10/12 6:37:01PM
Six months ago, Benson Henderson defeated Frankie Edgar to become the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s fifth lightweight titleholder. Now, he must do so a second time to remain at the top.

Henderson checked in at 154.4 pounds for his first title defense against Edgar (154.6) in the UFC 150 headliner on Saturday at the Pepsi Center in Denver.

Melvin Guillard (157.5) failed to make weight at Friday's gathering, and has two hours to drop a pound and a half to reach the 156 pound ceiling. His opponent, Donald Cerrone, registered a passing weight of 155.

UFC 150 “Henderson vs. Edgar 2” Weigh-In Results:

Benson Henderson (154.4) vs. Frankie Edgar (154.6)
Donald Cerrone (155) vs. Melvin Guillard (*157.5)
Jake Shields (185) vs. Ed Herman (185)
Yushin Okami (185) vs. Buddy Roberts (184)
Justin Lawrence (145) vs. Max Holloway (145)
Dennis Bermudez (145) vs. Tommy Hayden (144)
Jared Hamman (184) vs. Michael Kuiper (185)
Ken Stone (135) vs. Erik Perez (135)
Dustin Pague (136) vs. Chico Camus (135)
Nik Lentz (145) vs. Eiji Mitsuoka (145)

Link
Twenty20Dollars
8/10/12 6:54:03PM
Guillard not trying to make second attempt.

MMAWeekly.com @MMAWeeklycom
Dana White says Melvin Guillard stepped up on short notice, back to back fights. No ill will for him missing weight this time. #UFC150

------------

Who was the original opponent?
kopower
8/10/12 6:59:01PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Guillard not trying to make second attempt.

MMAWeekly.com @MMAWeeklycom
Dana White says Melvin Guillard stepped up on short notice, back to back fights. No ill will for him missing weight this time. #UFC150

------------

Who was the original opponent?

Wonder if he gets fined then? It's sounding like probably not. I bet Cerrone doesn't even care, because they are buddies, and he previously thanked Guillard for taking the fight.
Twenty20Dollars
8/10/12 7:02:12PM
The commission will still fine him.

I forgot Guillard was stepping up short notice. But don't remember Cerrone's opponent. I'm guessing from what little I could find it was Pettis, but never agreed it the fight or something as he had the shoulder injury.
lohmann
8/10/12 7:09:40PM

I forgot Guillard was stepping up short notice. But don't remember Cerrone's opponent. I'm guessing from what little I could find it was Pettis, but never agreed it the fight or something as he had the shoulder injury.

I do not think there ever was an original opponent, as much as Guillard had only a month between fights. That's the "short notice."

EDIT:

"Cerrone said he was actually pining for a fight with top UFC lightweight and former WEC champ Anthony Pettis. But when a shoulder injury prevented Pettis from agreeing to the bout, Guillard was broached."

link
meier
8/10/12 9:56:19PM
Smart decision for guillard not to try on second attempt
KungFuMaster
8/10/12 11:55:57PM
I'm glad that is the case for Guillard because I have him by first round KO.
JLS1980
8/11/12 12:50:24AM

Yeah there wasn't an original opponent. In the post fight interview with Cerrone after beating Jeremy Stephens he made it public that he would like to fight in his home town at UFC 150 in Denver.

And later on at a UFC 150 fight conference promotion back a couple of months ago Dana was taking questions from the fans and reporters and the question "Will Donald Cerrone be fighting here" came up on multiple occasions. And Dana just replied there's a strong possibility.

The most likely opponent at the time would've been Anthony Pettis. But Pettis's earliest return possible would be UFC 151(shoulder injury). Cerrone wants to fight in his home town. So as long as Cerrone wins, and he should, but this is MMA and anything can happen he'll more than likely be fighting Pettis in the near future.IMO.
Twenty20Dollars
8/11/12 1:55:36AM
I wonder if anyone has run any stats about guys who missed weights and what percentage have won and loss.
Chael_Sonnen
8/11/12 2:05:49AM

Posted by meier

Smart decision for guillard not to try on second attempt

Especially with the Denver altitude and all.....I see Cowboy winning the war of attrition

Cowboy sporting a Jersey Shore spray-on tan