UFC 150's Max Holloway wants one more fight this year after back-to-back wins

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 150's Max Holloway wants one more fight this year after back-to-back wins
infestructure
8/14/12 10:15:45PM
FULL MMAJUNKIE ARTICLE

It only took Max Holloway a few boxing lessons to figure this out: Body shots hurt.

He's of course learned to harness that power over two years of fighting, and at this past Saturday's UFC 150, he put it to use by stopping Justin Lawrence.

"I would love to tell you I have one-punch knockout power to the face, but I just don't," Holloway on Monday told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Being able to punch to the body, I can get stoppages like this because people don't think it hurts."

FULL MMAJUNKIE ARTICLE

-------Damn smart kid, and he's gonna put on some bulk when he gets a bit older, so he might get that one punch KO power yet...

I think give him Steven Siler next
prophecy033
8/14/12 10:18:51PM
I say give the man what he wants
Twenty20Dollars
8/14/12 11:35:11PM
I really like this guy. Only room to grow and get better.
tcunningham
8/15/12 12:19:44AM
i agree, he was supposedly out-matched on the feet with Lawrence but proved everybody wrong. he's got the energy and the motivation, might as well let him fight.
Twenty20Dollars
8/15/12 12:51:21AM

Posted by tcunningham

i agree, he was supposedly out-matched on the feet with Lawrence but proved everybody wrong. he's got the energy and the motivation, might as well let him fight.

I wonder who said that. I knew Max was the better striker, but thought Lawerence would grapple, but glad I was wrong and that Max won.
Budgellism
8/15/12 1:34:00AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by tcunningham

I wonder who said that. I knew Max was the better striker, but thought Lawerence would grapple, but glad I was wrong and that Max won.

I was thinking the same thing. I gave Holloway the striking advantage (why I picked him) and Lawrence the wrestling advantage.
aussiemma
8/15/12 2:32:43AM
i totally underestimated this guy and thought he would get destroyed by justin lawrence, but he completely surprised me.

props to max holloway
babalu46
8/15/12 7:03:57PM
I'm a big fan of Holloway looks so good so young but what I really like about him is he seems a genuinely good guy. Looks like he'll stay grounded if (or imo when) he hits superstar status.
prozacnation1978
8/15/12 10:41:46PM
Put him on the tuf finale vs Garcia
gartface
8/16/12 8:30:44AM
His boxing is stellar, and he's super quick and young.