UFC 148: Patrick Cote Discusses His Return Against Cung Le

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 148: Patrick Cote Discusses His Return Against Cung Le
prophecy033
6/3/12 10:54:42PM
Former UFC middleweight title challenger Patrick Cote was released from the organization following a loss to Tom Lawlor at UFC 121, and he's been steadily working to get back into the promotion ever since. Four straight wins earned him that phone call, and he'll be facing Cung Le on the main card of UFC 148 on July 7th. Cote spoke to Sportsnet about his opponent, and his rebirth in the biggest promotion in the world.

Link
jae_1833
6/3/12 11:02:11PM
I always liked Cote, he is like the poor man's Rich Franklin, Bisping version 1, or the rebirth of Nate Quarry......basically the dude's a decent boxer who has worse performances due to a string of injuries, bad match ups, and bad luck. If wants to do well in the UFC this time around he had better up his ground game or he will revisit the revolving door.
Chael_Sonnen
6/3/12 11:37:24PM
This fight makes no sense......this is like a Friday Night Titan FC fight
The_Casualty
6/4/12 10:35:27AM
This fight is awesome and a great test for Cote, I hope he can pull of the win but you never know what kind of Cote performance your going to get
rush13
6/4/12 4:13:36PM
He should win, I don't recall him losing a fight being out-struck and his only "(T)KO" loss was to Anderson and that was a fluke leg injury...Le lost to "heavy-handed" guys in Scott Smith and Wandy and they are poor-man versions of Cote now and Cote would kill them...Cote better win
Sir_Karl
6/4/12 4:21:14PM
Cote, who is my favorite, should be able to knock Cung out in round 1. What worries me is....what would be next? I hope they don't throw Cote against a good groundfighter...he has serious problems with good ground fighters. I think that is why he is down in Brazil....he is working on his groundgame. WAR COTE!!!!!
Bubbles
6/4/12 5:20:47PM
Cote is someone I will always cheer for, even if he loses his next 10 fights against newbies in the Super Fight League
jae_1833
6/5/12 12:40:52AM

Posted by rush13

He should win, I don't recall him losing a fight being out-struck and his only "(T)KO" loss was to Anderson and that was a fluke leg injury...Le lost to "heavy-handed" guys in Scott Smith and Wandy and they are poor-man versions of Cote now and Cote would kill them...Cote better win

Really! "Kill" That implies a total destruction....Dude doesnt nearly have the record nor the documented skillset to say that bro. I could see that Smith and Wand dont have near the chins they used to, but Cote isnt exactly the killer in any sense of the word. Wand has proven (Bisping and Franklin) that he can take on a guy like Cote. Let him at least get past Le before we go all Tarzan status on his nutz.
LightsOUT23
6/5/12 7:25:30AM

Posted by jae_1833

I always liked Cote, he is like the poor man's Rich Franklin, Bisping version 1, or the rebirth of Nate Quarry......basically the dude's a decent boxer who has worse performances due to a string of injuries, bad match ups, and bad luck. If wants to do well in the UFC this time around he had better up his ground game or he will revisit the revolving door.

How can you relate Cote to rich franklin - a former champion with a who's who MMA record of fights throughout his career. Then you say Bisping version 1 - Bisping if i am not mistaken burst through the Ultimate fighter as basically a kickboxer beating all American competition. Michael Bisping gets slated so much on this site, IMO He's the first fighter to give Chael Sonnen a fight !!! ... So why Tag Bisping to the likes of a fallen fighter like Cote ???
jae_1833
6/5/12 11:11:38AM
IMO he is very similar, size weight and style wise. He doesnt have the accolades of Rich or Mike but he fights the sane way and has a lot of similar (although worse) problems. Thats why I make the connection.