UFC 148's Faber on Barao's win streak: Which out of those 28 guys would I have lost to?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 148's Faber on Barao's win streak: Which out of those 28 guys would I have lost to?
prophecy033
6/6/12 12:47:09AM
UFC bantamweight contender Renan Barao (28-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) currently boasts one of the sport's all-time-best win streaks after downing 28 straight opponents.

Worth a mention, says his upcoming opponent, Urijah Faber (26-5 MMA, 2-1 UFC), but "The California Kid" warns against putting too much stock in the gaudy run.

"People give Barao a lot of credit for a 28-fight win streak, which is incredible, but which out of those 28 guys would I have lost to?" Faber asked MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "None of them. He's never beat anybody like me, so this is going to to be the biggest test of his life."

UFC 148 takes place July 7 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Main-card fights air live on pay-per-view while FX and Facebook are expected to carry the prelims.

Link
KungFuMaster
6/6/12 12:59:51AM
I don't like Faber but I happen to agree with him on this...

Faber by unanimous decision or submission. Most likely submission.
infestructure
6/6/12 5:29:22AM
AV bet, KFM? I'll take Barao
prophecy033
6/6/12 10:59:28AM

Posted by infestructure

Hendo67
6/6/12 11:19:49AM
I have Barao all day in this one... I've been on the wagon for a few years now, the guy is just insane.

Barao via lake TKO, maybe 4th or 5th.
KungFuMaster
6/6/12 12:29:44PM

Posted by infestructure

Deal. Set it up.
Bubbles
6/6/12 1:59:46PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by infestructure

Deal. Set it up.

wow camp teammates doing battle
frizzzlecake
6/6/12 2:14:56PM
Faber stood in front of Jose Aldo for 5 rounds and took everything Jose had. Faber is as tough as they come, Barao won't finish Faber. Faber has found his power at 135 he has looked great at 135. Faber via submission is my guess, Alpha Male choke!!

I don't like Faber at all, I am a Cruz die-hard, but Barao's fight against Scotty didn't impress me, unlike Fabers fight with Bowles.
infestructure
6/7/12 1:31:19AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by infestructure

Deal. Set it up.

I dont think I can set it up until UFC148 is the upcoming event. Try to remind me when it is
bigrand826
6/7/12 8:57:21AM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Faber stood in front of Jose Aldo for 5 rounds and took everything Jose had. Faber is as tough as they come, Barao won't finish Faber. Faber has found his power at 135 he has looked great at 135. Faber via submission is my guess, Alpha Male choke!!

I don't like Faber at all, I am a Cruz die-hard, but Barao's fight against Scotty didn't impress me, unlike Fabers fight with Bowles.

I agree. Although, I will say that Aldo did ease up considerably on Faber later in the fight when he had already severely hobbled him.
infestructure
6/7/12 6:33:30PM

Posted by bigrand826

Posted by frizzzlecake

I agree. Although, I will say that Aldo did ease up considerably on Faber later in the fight when he had already severely hobbled him.

Almost like he wanted to punish him for longer, rather than knock him out.
Didn't Faber's cornerman run in and carry him to his seat in between rounds?
prophecy033
6/7/12 7:31:27PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by bigrand826

Posted by frizzzlecake

Almost like he wanted to punish him for longer, rather than knock him out.
Didn't Faber's cornerman run in and carry him to his seat in between rounds?

yep