Keep UFC on FX 4 & UFC 147 Separate or Combine Them?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Keep UFC on FX 4 & UFC 147 Separate or Combine Them?
« Previous Page
POLL: Keep the UFC events separate or make it one event.
Keep it the way it is. 48% (29)
Combine them. 52% (31)
prozacnation1978
6/16/12 12:34:35PM
If i knew u guys were gonna do a best 16 fights
I would have said seperate cards
Franklinfan47
6/16/12 2:57:49PM
So we're just not gonna pick some fights? Atleast put TUF finals on there. This sucks
pmoney
6/16/12 5:48:16PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

If i knew u guys were gonna do a best 16 fights
I would have said seperate cards

Same here. I thought it would be like 20-24 fights with all fights up for betting.
Kpro
6/16/12 6:14:30PM
I think it's pretty obvious, now that people know fights would be dropped that no one wants them combined.

It's been 5-0 for keep them separate since people found out and keeping them separate is leading the vote.
Card
6/16/12 7:00:39PM
Yeah hopefully we keep them separate events with only one betting if we have too... then lose 7-8 fights for UFC 147.

If we keep them the same - UFC 147 picks will be locked in before the UFC 147 weigh-ins which makes no sense.
Bubbles
6/16/12 7:16:23PM
picks separate, wages together

but since are combining them, get rid of 2 of Stone, Alcantara, Arantes, or Keith fights and have both TUF Brazil finals fights on there
Twenty20Dollars
6/16/12 8:12:07PM
It should just be changed back.
hippysmacker
6/16/12 9:27:29PM
It's obvious we can't please everyone, so I just went with the majority. Believe it or not all this stuff does take up my time.I will just make it 18 fights and add the tuf finals. That seems like a fair compromise.I am not going back through all that and adding/deleting the fights/cards again though.
prozacnation1978
6/17/12 12:03:43AM
18 is better than 16.
Still doesn't feel right only reason cause
Watching the Ufc 147 prelims won't have any meaning to it now since i have no picks for it. It feels weird
MMAcca
6/17/12 7:46:09AM
So the majority are saying keep the two events seperate and no wagers for UFC 147 yes?

So that is what is happening yes ?

Just for clarification.
prozacnation1978
6/17/12 10:22:25AM

Posted by MMAcca

So the majority are saying keep the two events seperate and no wagers for UFC 147 yes?

Just for clarification.

No they added the two cards onto one with top 18 fights dropping 6 off the Ufc 147 card to do picks on
All 6 are prelims though from tuf Brazil
MMAcca
6/17/12 11:03:18AM

Posted by MMAcca

Just for clarification.

No they added the two cards onto one with top 18 fights dropping 6 off the Ufc 147 card to do picks on

Thanks for that prozac.

My next question is why ?

If the popular consensus said otherwise...........?

I can't say i'm too bothered by this, but it would be nice to know.
Twenty20Dollars
6/17/12 11:27:50AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by MMAcca

Just for clarification.

Thanks for that prozac.

When it was changed, the vote was like 20-19 to combine them at the time.
Card
6/17/12 11:50:53AM
No one knew fights would be removed before the vote.

Since we combined them - it's been unanimous to keep them separate, thus the majority wants to pick all fights.

How does it make sense to be forced to pick UFC 147 fights before the UFC 147 weigh-ins? A weigh-in full of TUF: Brazil fighters and UFC debuts. (i.e: important)

Hopefully we can keep them separate and get to pick all the fights. Merge the betting or remove UFC 147 betting if need be... but please let us pick all the fights in separate events.
george112
6/17/12 1:18:05PM
I voted before read the thread thinking all the fights would be combined.

However its crazy how a few of us voting influenced a major decision effecting EVERYONE on the site
MMAcca
6/17/12 1:35:15PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by MMAcca

Just for clarification.

Thanks for that prozac.

When it was changed, the vote was like 20-19 to combine them at the time.

Cheers Twenty
Twenty20Dollars
6/17/12 1:43:56PM

Posted by george112

However its crazy how a few of us voting influenced a major decision effecting EVERYONE on the site

That's what I was saying, we have like 40 people deciding for 2k users and some of the users don't log in everyday so I'm sure this will effect them as they might miss the picks because of the combining.

I wish no one would have ever brought this up, because it been a disaster.
Shawn91111
6/17/12 4:26:19PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by george112

That's what I was saying, we have like 40 people deciding for 2k users and some of the users don't log in everyday so I'm sure this will effect them as they might miss the picks because of the combining.

I wish no one would have ever brought this up, because it been a disaster.

Spot on
Card
6/17/12 6:27:23PM
[Edit] Thanks for the update hippysmacker - best of luck everyone with the mega-event.
Cooler
6/17/12 7:35:53PM
This is the worst season ever for picks, everyone is doing terrible it seems. So I think we should combine this and the harder picks on both cards get dropped off.
hippysmacker
6/17/12 8:11:24PM
Ok, kind of tired of being e-mailed about this either way.I have heard a LOT of arguments from too many sides if this thing. I know its a close vote.Right now combining is apparently ahead 29-26.I have been told it has been in favor of either side multiple times.I'm past worrying about it either way. Yes the people posting in this thread seem to be in the separation category. That doesn't mean the people who post more get more sway on the game. This is not about the forums. It's about the game. Most people on this site just play the game r post in there fight camp forums, if it all. Personally I am having a good season so the bigger ,and harder the card is the better it is for me. However it's not about me. Its about the majority of people playing the game. I have tried to compromise on this ,and make as many people happy as I could, but compromise does tend to piss off a lot of people too. So compromise it is. Be pissed ,or happy ,or whatever. Just please stop e-mailing me your opinions, or conspiracy theory's of whatever camp you blame collusion suspicions, and just accept that this is the way it is.
prozacnation1978
6/18/12 3:23:31AM
I hope this is only time for Ufc cards this happens.
I am okay about this. I know a lot of people on this site haven't watched tuf Brazil so the fighters they don't know about. But do your homework boys !!!

I kicked ass on secondary league and a lot of those fighters I didn't even know who they are. Look them up.

147 could have been a bad card in points for a majority of us but not me
Pookie
6/18/12 5:25:55AM
Im kinda bummed we only get 18 fights to pick from, but i really did wanna wager on UFC 147 to some degree.
Card
6/18/12 8:40:16AM
Here's the full card for UFC 147... I also hope this is the last time we skip picking 5 UFC fights.

Damm vs. Gasparzinho did not get along during the season, should be a good scrap.

Main card:
Rich Frankin vs. Wanderlei Silva
Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira vs. Sergio "Serginho" Moraes ("TUF: Brazil" middleweight final)
Rony "Jason" Mariano Bezerra vs. Godofredo "Pepey" de Oliveira ("TUF: Brazil" featherweight final)
Mike Russow vs. Fabricio Werdum
Yuri Alcantara vs. Hacran Dias

Preliminary card:
Rodrigo Damm vs. Anistavio "Gasparzinho" Medeiros
Francisco "Massaranduba" Drinaldo vs. Delson "Pe de Chumbo" Heleno
John "Macapa" Teixeira vs. Hugo "Wolverine" Viana
Leonardo "Macarrao" Mafra Teixeira vs. Thiago de Oliveira Perpetuo
Marcos Vinicius "Vina" Borges Pancini vs. Wagner "Galeto" Campos
Felipe Arantes vs. Milton Vieira
Pages: 1 [2]