Keep UFC on FX 4 & UFC 147 Separate or Combine Them?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Keep UFC on FX 4 & UFC 147 Separate or Combine Them?
Next Page »
POLL: Keep the UFC events separate or make it one event.
Keep it the way it is. 48% (29)
Combine them. 52% (31)
Kpro
6/14/12 4:19:30PM
"its either no wagers on the 2nd card , or combining it into one giant event, Which way do you guys think we should go with it?" -hippy

We've always done no wagers on cards with too short of a turnaround time in the past but since there's an option there might as well be a poll.

Pro's:
--You'd be able to wager on UFC 147 if they were combined. Parlays would still be at 3 maximum.
Con's
-A 20+ fight card would I believe only have 1 Hot Bout instead of the usual 2 if they were kept separate as 10+ fight cards.
Pro or Con?
-The season would extend by one event since combining them would turn from 2 events into one. That could be good or bad depending on the person and/or camp.

I really don't care either way but I figured we might as well put a vote up to see what the majority thinks.
grappler0000
6/14/12 4:29:28PM
Under normal circumstances, I'd say not to combine them, but it might work out better here. Not combining them ends the season with 10 events, but only 9 wagers. Adding an additional event is easy enough. The only problem I have with combining them is the number of fights? I hate to say it but...a best-of combo card like the secondary league? I don't like the idea of doing that with the UFC cards, but it's a unique situation...and I don't know about a single, 20 fight card carrying that much weight in the standings..also, with a bunch of unknowns on the Brazil card, it would make it a little easier to pick for everyone. Just my thoughts. Missing out on 1 event for wagering is not so bad. I'm cool either way, really.
Budgellism
6/14/12 4:32:17PM
Honestly, I want them separate. Im more than fine with not making wagers for 147.
Kpro
6/14/12 4:32:38PM
I don't think I could be up for a top 12 or 14 of the two cards when we've picked every single UFC fight since the site started. If they combined, I'd definitely want every single fight pickable. But I lean towards not combining them as I like having 2 Hot Bouts in one weekend and not being able to wager on the Brazil TUF card isn't a big deal to me.
Poor_Franklin
6/14/12 5:06:06PM
i'd like them combined to try something different, but i wont be upset if they stay the way they are
pmoney
6/14/12 5:12:50PM
I vote to either combine the cards with all fights pickable, or do separate events.

I am just not clear on why the wagers won't work. If there are enough people with picks made, wouldn't the odds still be generated by the MMAPG system once UFC 147 locks? Is it a concern about lockout time? What about using Vegas lines?

Not trying to bitch, just curious about the logistics.
Kpro
6/14/12 5:14:52PM

Posted by pmoney

I vote to either combine the cards with all fights pickable, or do separate events.

I am just not clear on why the wagers won't work. If there are enough people with picks made, wouldn't the odds still be generated by the MMAPG system once UFC 147 locks? Is it a concern about lockout time? What about using Vegas lines?

Not trying to bitch, just curious about the logistics.

There will be under 24 hours from results entered on UFC on FX 4 to picks locking on UFC 147. In the interest of fairness to people who can't log on every day (or in a 16 hour window to make wagers), they're not available. At least I think the short timeframe makin it possibly not an even playing field for everyone is the reason.
Twenty20Dollars
6/14/12 5:23:04PM
Keep them seperate, please. I'd like to just worry about one card at time instead of two locking at the same time.

This has happened once before, hasn't it? We just couldn't make wagers on the second event or whatever. I'd rather have that again. I think it'd be easier.
FastKnockout
6/14/12 10:04:04PM
I stopped making wagers so I voted seperate.
Twenty20Dollars
6/14/12 11:27:01PM
Picks > Wagers
Kpro
6/14/12 11:30:05PM
I guess I never thought of making a closing time for the poll. How about 10pm ET tomorrow when Titan FC starts on HDNet.
Pookie
6/14/12 11:36:24PM
I'd combine them.

UFC 147 has TUF fighters, so that's going to be one of the best cards of the year wager-wise.
prophecy033
6/14/12 11:37:42PM
I picked combine bit it really doesn't matter to me
grappler0000
6/15/12 12:20:44AM

Posted by Kpro

I don't think I could be up for a top 12 or 14 of the two cards when we've picked every single UFC fight since the site started. If they combined, I'd definitely want every single fight pickable. But I lean towards not combining them as I like having 2 Hot Bouts in one weekend and not being able to wager on the Brazil TUF card isn't a big deal to me.

Yeah, that's what prevented me from fully committing to the idea.

Not sure what the lesser of 3 evils is...

1) Missing Wagers on 1 card
2) Missing picks on some fights
3)1 card carrying more weight than the rest
KungFuMaster
6/15/12 12:31:08AM
Combine them. I need the leading camps to do horrible so my camp can move up in the rankings. This is a do or die for camps like mine. I like the idea. Make it happen.
Twenty20Dollars
6/15/12 12:38:48AM
I would rather not wager on UFC 147 b/c it's going to have TUF fighters I've never seen.

MMAcca
6/15/12 6:25:10AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I would rather not wager on UFC 147 b/c it's going to have TUF fighters I've never seen.

Keep them seperate with no wagers on 147
Twenty20Dollars
6/15/12 11:29:17AM
Plus there are going to be a lot users who aren't even going to see this and vote.

So we've got like 30 votes to decide it over like 2k users.
Kpro
6/15/12 1:56:45PM

Plus there are going to be a lot users who aren't even going to see this and vote.

So we've got like 30 votes to decide it over like 2k users.

Then with the vote 17-16 right now, maybe the mods should make the decision. . It's definitely not leaning one way or the other and if it goes from 17-16 after 36 hours to 35-19 after 48 we know someone just got their camp to vote. If the vote is basically split in a smaller sample size, I say we defer it to the way admin sees best.
Kpro
6/15/12 2:10:23PM
Looks like our posts in different threads were a few minutes apart. It's going to go the same as it always has. Separate events and UFC 147 won't have wagers.
JLS1980
6/15/12 7:19:05PM
I voted to keep them separate. But I'm new and down for whatever.
hippysmacker
6/15/12 8:23:02PM
well its close but the combiners are ahead 20-19 .So i m just going to combine them with a 16 fight max card.That should help eliminate some of the unknown tuf fights.
Kpro
6/15/12 8:45:25PM
DTM posted they were staying separate a few hours ago:

http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic53365-2.html

We've picked every UFC fight there's been for 5 1/2 years. I think it would be a very very bad call to eliminate fights for the first time ever in the site's history just so people can wager on UFC 147.
prozacnation1978
6/15/12 10:36:26PM
Let's combine them !!!
24 fight mega card. See who can break 200 points
1 hot bout triple points.
Let's do it !!!
Twenty20Dollars
6/16/12 12:34:02AM
Twenty20Dollars
6/16/12 12:35:28AM
Who the hell kept voting to combine them?
Kpro
6/16/12 1:23:46AM

Who the hell kept voting to combine them?

Yeah, I assumed a camp would come in and swing the vote and they did. Keeping them separate was up the entire time the poll was up until right now when combining is up by one.
Card
6/16/12 9:09:52AM
I'm ok with combining them - but skipping 7 fights just doesn't seem right.

I like prozacnation1978's idea - 24 fight megacard.
Twenty20Dollars
6/16/12 11:27:50AM
I'm sure people that voted to combine them thought it was going to be all the fights.

I'd rather it just go back to seperate and the same in the future if it occurs again.
FlashyG
6/16/12 11:33:57AM

I'm sure people that voted to combine them thought it was going to be all the fights.

I'd rather it just go back to seperate and the same in the future if it occurs again.

Thats exactly what happened with me.

I liked the idea of a huge card, if I had known a combo card would mean dropping all those fights I'd have voted to keep them separate.
Pages: [1] 2