UFC 147 preliminary card picks

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 147 preliminary card picks
Card
6/18/12 4:16:08PM
Since we're not predicting these 5 fights on MMAPlayground - let's post our picks here.

- Rodrigo Damm vs. Anistavio "Gasparzinho" Medeiros
- Francisco "Massaranduba" Drinaldo vs. Delson "Pe de Chumbo" Heleno
- John "Macapa" Teixeira vs. Hugo "Wolverine" Viana
- Leonardo "Macarrao" Teixeira vs. Thiago "Bodão" Perpetuo
- Marcos "Vinicius" Vina vs. Wagner "Galeto" Campos

What say you?

I'm going with:
- Damm
- Pe de Chumbo
- Wolverine
- Bodão
- Vinicius
Theoutlaw08
6/18/12 4:37:20PM
Without doing anything thinking or looking into it at all yet, I would go

- Anistavio "Gasparzinho" Medeiros over Rodrigo Damm
- Delson "Pe de Chumbo" Heleno over Francisco "Massaranduba" Drinaldo
- John "Macapa" Teixeira over Hugo "Wolverine" Viana
- Thiago "Bodão" Perpetuo over Leonardo "Macarrao" Teixeira
- Marcos "Vinicius" Vina over Wagner "Galeto" Campos
infestructure
6/18/12 4:59:58PM
Same picks as original poster.

I can hardly remember these guys anyore.

All I remember was Sarafian was the best, Vitor's prodigy mutante, I think) had all the money and support, but not an ounce of natural talent.
Was also impressed with Bodao.
jae_1833
6/18/12 11:30:34PM
My new cable provider doesnt support fuel, so i missed the season....i heard there were tons of finishes so i actually am really disappointed.
Pookie
6/18/12 11:53:18PM
Damm should easily dispatch of Gaspar, but if he can not, then that just shows how far from UFC level Damm really is.

Massaranduba v. Heleno is a pretty close match. It's hinged on whether Heleno can control the first round with takedowns. Massa will tire if Heleno can, but if Heleno can't than Massa should exploit Delson's striking. Also, Massa's short stocky build + speed should help stuff the takedowns, but he's also the smaller man naturally. It's interesting on paper.

Macapa and Wolverine are the 2 best FW's not in the final, and personally i think both are better than Pepe. The fight should come down to Hugo's control IMO, but i expect it to be closer than the scorecards will make it seem.

Thiago Bodao should rough up Teixeira early.

Vina v. Galeto - Vina's offense should stifle Wagner's attempts to shift the momentum.

prozacnation1978
6/19/12 12:04:47AM
I got same picks as you Nick
Budgellism
6/19/12 8:08:35PM

Posted by Pookie

Damm should easily dispatch of Gaspar, but if he can not, then that just shows how far from UFC level Damm really is.

Massaranduba v. Heleno is a pretty close match. It's hinged on whether Heleno can control the first round with takedowns. Massa will tire if Heleno can, but if Heleno can't than Massa should exploit Delson's striking. Also, Massa's short stocky build + speed should help stuff the takedowns, but he's also the smaller man naturally. It's interesting on paper.

Macapa and Wolverine are the 2 best FW's not in the final, and personally i think both are better than Pepe. The fight should come down to Hugo's control IMO, but i expect it to be closer than the scorecards will make it seem.

Thiago Bodao should rough up Teixeira early.

Vina v. Galeto - Vina's offense should stifle Wagner's attempts to shift the momentum.

Essentially this. I've got all the same winners and all the same reasoning's. I also agree that Hugo and Macapa are the two best FWs other than Rony Jason. I don't like Pepe and I think he's going to get worked by Rony.