UFC 147: Mike Pierce vs Erick Silva possible for promotion's return to Brazil

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 147: Mike Pierce vs Erick Silva possible for promotion's return to Brazil
sparky
3/13/12 9:54:57PM
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight Mike Pierce has apparently talked his way into a UFC 147 match up versus rising top prospect Erick Silva.

Last week, Pierce, who lost his last fight in a close split decision to Josh Koscheck at UFC 143 on Feb. 4, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada, took to Twitter to try and stir up some action and get his name in the conversation:

@MikePierce: WANTED: no work ethic, no cardio, terrible striking and limited ground game. Brazilians, please send fight applications to Joe Silva...Man I'm ready! Are there any Brazilians at 170 our did they all bump up to 185? Looking for an easy fight :)
According to Tatame, Silva was more than happy to answer the call. Silva's manager, Wallid Ismail, responded to the rumored fight with the following:

"They've asked Erick where he would like to fight at and he said Sao Paulo's edition of Ultimate Fighter (TUF). So, we're just waiting for them to match him up. He is indeed confirmed to fight in Brazil. UFC told us that and any opponent is welcome, but those who say bad things about Brazil should pay and that's Mike Pierce. It's a match-up that pleases us. We're waiting for UFC to say ‘ok.'"

The fight card is shaping up nicely already, being said to feature a main event between Anderson Silva and his hated rival Chael Sonnen.

Also on the card are bouts between Wanderlei Silva and Vitor Belfort (the coaches for TUF: Brazil) as well as Fabricio Werdum vs. Mike Russow.

Link
DrivenDavies15
3/13/12 10:10:32PM
Thats a pretty interesting fight. Good step up for Silva, I think Pierce may be too much for him but shit that'll be a good one.
Chael_Sonnen
3/13/12 10:46:18PM
Anybody see a trait for this card....two Oregonian's putting the stamp down on two Brozillian's named Silva?

Hmmmmmmmm
Bubbles
3/13/12 10:48:57PM
If Silva doesn't light him up early, this will be a wrestling decision win for Pierce
Budgellism
3/14/12 12:03:12AM
Big step up for Silva. I just can't see him winning.
prozacnation1978
3/14/12 12:05:55AM
I hope silva lights him up
RhythmAndStyle
3/14/12 12:58:40AM
wow!..crazy match up..been on Silva since he came in..i been drunk off that koolaid..i think the dude the real f*ckin dude!..even before he came into the UFC, there was nothing but good news bout him, imho..i had Pierce winnin against Kos, and i still believe he won..Pierce is very aggressive and durable..but his strikin technique isnt quite there..i feel Silva angles, speed and power is gon be the difference..but with Pierce is durable enough to advoid a tko, but he'll get choked out..Silva via 1st round sub.
airkerma
3/14/12 9:23:17AM
I'm okay with riding the hype train and saying rd 1 ko silva
emfleek
3/14/12 9:50:23AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I hope silva lights him up

Amen.