Mark Hunt is flattered there's a Twitter campaign to get him a title fight with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 146.
To clear things up, he hasn't been asked and is pretty sure he won't get the opportunity. But hey, it's a nice idea.
"Yeah, I don't think I'll get that call," he today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) of the possible vacancy on the May 26 pay-per-view card. "But there's a good rally. I've got about 300 followers now on Twitter, which is pretty cool."
Hunt's name has been bounced around the social-media site – complete with the #RallyForMarkHunt hash tag – since Alistair Overeem failed a pre-fight drug test put a headliner with champ Dos Santos in the lurch. (The Nevada State Athletic Commission wants him to explain why his testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio came in at 14:1, well over the 6:1 limit allowed. As of yet, Overeem has not contacted the NSAC or commented publicly.)
"The Super Samoan" wasn't necessarily surprised at news that Overeem had been flagged.
"I didn't think it was horsemeat he was eating," Hunt said. "I think Alistair really [expletive] that [expletive] up. Just like (Josh) Barnett when he [expletive] that [expletive] up.
"But they always come back. I'm sure there's a lot of people using stuff to get ahead. It's a cutthroat business." LINK