UFC 146 is now JDS vs. Mir

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 146 is now JDS vs. Mir
Budgellism
4/20/12 11:49:39PM
Dana white via twitter:

EDIT: I'm not sure if the screen capture showed up the first time I posted it so I uploaded it to photo bucket and posted it as a web image. Let me know if this shows up twice.
Twenty20Dollars
4/20/12 11:58:12PM
Dana White: Frank Mir vs Cain Velasquez UFC 146 fight 'will happen'

----------------------------------------

At least he gave it to the right man in Mir.
Kpro
4/20/12 11:59:25PM
lol, just came on to post this. He deserves it more than anyone else and I assumed if Overeem was going to use the low epi defense then it was a guarantee he was out of the fight. Let's get it on!
jakewalters
4/21/12 12:11:12AM
As much as I want to see this fight, glad he won't get a chance after testing 14:1. That's a dangerous precedent to set.
DrivenDavies15
4/21/12 12:49:58AM
Good fight, so sad that Overeem is out :(. Would've been a crazy card. Any guesses on who they'll put in to fight Velasquez? I have no clue since the SF tourny finishes a weeks or so before this event so it's highly doubtful the winner will get put in. Maybe Browne if he wins? That's all I can think of right now. I wonder if Overeem is granted a licence on Tuesday through some miracle they will put him in if thats possible?
jakewalters
4/21/12 1:05:52AM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Good fight, so sad that Overeem is out :(. Would've been a crazy card. Any guesses on who they'll put in to fight Velasquez? I have no clue since the SF tourny finishes a weeks or so before this event so it's highly doubtful the winner will get put in. Maybe Browne if he wins? That's all I can think of right now. I wonder if Overeem is granted a licence on Tuesday through some miracle they will put him in if thats possible?

Werdum is slated to fight Rothwell in June. Huge mismatch. I say Werdum takes Mir's spot. Wouldn't too radical a change in Cain's gameplan.
Manak
4/21/12 1:19:27AM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Werdum is slated to fight Rothwell in June. Huge mismatch. I say Werdum takes Mir's spot. Wouldn't too radical a change in Cain's gameplan.

if by some chance he does get the license maybe he fights cain
Budgellism
4/21/12 1:46:26AM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by DrivenDavies15

I think you mean Russow. Rothwell is fighting tomorrow. But I'm thinking the same thing happens.
rush13
4/21/12 2:03:28AM
Well at least 1 good thing comes from Murr getting the title shot, he gets murderized.
StriderXero
4/21/12 3:46:34AM
someone must have overdone it yesterday.
aussiemma
4/21/12 4:13:11AM
not really excited about this bout. i like mir alot but all i can picture in this fight is jds running straight through him in round 1
Pookie
4/21/12 6:19:33AM
If it wasnt for the stellar undercard, i'd have no interest in this ppv with this as a headliner.
KingCmb
4/21/12 8:15:39AM
Mir deserved it plain and simple

however i still have that little voice in my head saying mark hunt
Twenty20Dollars
4/21/12 12:54:24PM
What happens with Overeem if he is cleared?
Franklinfan47
4/21/12 12:58:31PM
Mir was the right man for the job.

With that said, JDS KO rd 1
KungFuMaster
4/21/12 1:54:15PM
Glad to see Mir getting another shot at the title but I just don't see him beating Junior.

Damn you, Overeem!
MisterFreeze
4/22/12 11:22:11AM
oh great, we all get to see another powerful striker knock out Frank Mir.....

I'm really bummed about this.
bjj1605
4/23/12 12:32:25AM
Probably Mir's last chance at the belt.

I've always like him. I expect him to lose but here's to hoping he wins.

Dos Santos has plenty of time left.

WAR MIR!!!
Hendo67
4/23/12 2:13:43PM
Not really looking forward to this fight at all... I think it's a huge mismatch, JDS should have a pretty easy time with this one.

JDS TKO in under 3 mins.