UFC 146: Dana White Doesn't Want To Talk About Alistair Overeem, Letting Due Process Run Its Course

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 146: Dana White Doesn't Want To Talk About Alistair Overeem, Letting Due Process Run Its Course
prophecy033
4/16/12 1:10:09AM
The biggest story in the UFC remains Alistair Overeem's positive test for elevated testosterone levels ahead of his scheduled UFC 146 challenge for Junior dos Santos' heavyweight title. When news first broke of Overeem's test, UFC president Dana White described himself as "beyond pissed" and said anyone getting caught using banned substances is a "brain-dead dummy."

Dana has been quiet on the Overeem front since that point, seeming to have decided it was for the best to not lose his mind in public. In fact, that's exactly what White told reporters at the press conference for UFC on Fuel TV 2 (via MMA Fighting):

"I will snap and freak out and I don't want to do that," White told reporters following the conclusion of the press conference.

Link
george112
4/16/12 1:19:36AM
Can't really blame the guy on this one.

Alistair effed him
prophecy033
4/16/12 1:21:09AM

Posted by george112

Alistair effed him

Overeem effed all of us too cuz now we don't get to see this fight (most Likely)
george112
4/16/12 1:31:24AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by george112

Alistair effed him

Overeem effed all of us too cuz now we don't get to see this fight (most Likely)

^THIS

Everytime I think of Alistair I see him as the way he was when he fought chuck in Pride. Then I see him fight or a picture and I'm like wtf there is no way he is clean. Thought that from day one
tmas
4/20/12 5:58:39PM
Overeem is very clean he showers 3 times daily.

seems to me like Dana knows Reem has a valid reason and doesnt need to cancel the fight, even though he is ticked that he maybe didnt know before or it should have been brought up before....
prophecy033
4/21/12 2:55:32PM

Posted by tmas

Overeem is very clean he showers 3 times daily.

seems to me like Dana knows Reem has a valid reason and doesnt need to cancel the fight, even though he is ticked that he maybe didnt know before or it should have been brought up before....

The excuse of "i just forgot to turn in the paperwork" or excuses like that fall on deaf ears with me. These guys know what up with this stuff and if they have a legit reason to use it then why wouldnt they do everything they need to to make sure it all on the up and up? Best believe the first thing I'd be doing is informing the commisions and my employers