UFC 146 Does More Than 500,000 PPV Buys While UFC On FX Ratings Continue Decline

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 146 Does More Than 500,000 PPV Buys While UFC On FX Ratings Continue Decline
prophecy033
6/6/12 11:18:01PM
Dave Meltzer's Wrestling Observer is generally the best source for PPV buys, and this week's Wrestling Observer had some info on how UFC 146 did. The card was decimated by injuries and wasn't the star-studded event that was originally expected, but it seems like it still did okay in terms of buys

Link
Wallass
6/7/12 5:57:23AM
I know this sites apparently the best for ratings and such but Meltzers been wrong a lot lately.
airkerma
6/7/12 8:17:13AM
146 still had a boatload of fights people wanted to see, and in retrospect it would be completely worth it with all of the finishes that card had on ppv. With all of the recent injuries, we may see a decline in the casual ppv (no title fight, average star power). My only explanation for poor fx ratings would be a combination of friday night and poor marketing? Idk im doing my part and tuning in
prozacnation1978
6/7/12 9:32:59AM
Having fights on Friday is bad. They need to move it to Sunday nights
Kpro
6/7/12 10:32:00AM
UFC isn't on SPIKE anymore?
BuffaloDave
6/7/12 10:52:16AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Would be fine until Football season rolls around.
airkerma
6/7/12 11:56:24AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by prozacnation1978

Would be fine until Football season rolls around.

This is true. I don't know what makes the difference between Saturday or Friday night...neither have that much on tv to compete and both are nights people go out.
pmoney
6/7/12 2:30:37PM
I think it's just going to take some time. I know when I went to double check to see if the TUF Finale was set to DVR, I still went to Spike first out of habit.

I just think it will take some time to get the numbers back. UFC did put some shitty cards on Spike, and some really stale seasons of TUF. In comparison, they haven't had a single bad card this year, none that I recall anyway. The promotion just seems non-existent. I hear some stuff on Fox Sports Radio, occasionally. Not often though. I try to call in to FSR as often as I can and hype the fights, as they have a "Coast to Coast" like reach. I also try to call my local sports talk show and hype the UFC there.

If they would hype ANY of their Fox or FX cards like they did with Dos Santos-Velasquez, maybe things would be different. IMO, the Miller-Diaz UFC on Fox 3 card was way better on paper and in execution. That card guaranteed fireworks, and delivered, but it got ZERO promotion. That shit needs to change.