UFC 145’s Stephen Thompson Believes Matt Brown Won’t Stand With Him

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 145’s Stephen Thompson Believes Matt Brown Won’t Stand With Him
prophecy033
4/19/12 12:25:47AM
Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson (6-0) is a dynamic welterweight striker that you have to keep your eyes on.

While competing in kickboxing, Thompson earned several titles and won 30 fights by knockout. Last we saw him, Thompson shocked UFC fans with a frightening head kick knockout victory over Daniel Stittgen at UFC 143. The knockout came in his Octagon debut and while the 28-year-old is just getting warmed up, he knows that his patience is key in his next fight.

The decorated kickboxing champion meets his toughest challenge in the cage to date when he takes on veteran Matt Brown at UFC 145 in Atlanta on Saturday night.

Link
DancingDoll
4/19/12 6:16:42AM
I'm glad to be seeing this guy fighting again so soon.

He's a great prospect for this division and exciting to watch. Looking forward to seeing if he can continue to build the hype with another memorable finish.
gartface
4/19/12 9:20:05AM
If he connects with another one of those head kicks, he may become my favorite fighter overnight.
BuffaloDave
4/19/12 10:29:11AM

posted by Wonderboy
“I’m just going to sit back and work on my game plan. I know what he is wanting to do. He said he wants to stand with me and strike with me, but something deep inside tells me that he’s going to want to take it to the ground. Either way, I’m going to be ready for it. I’m just going to sit back and see what happens."

Be careful with the sitting back part, Wonderboy, or you can easily be turned into Wonderbread.
scoozna
4/19/12 11:15:26AM
I'm really interested in this fight...I guess I'm plagued by the hype. To me it's similar to when Lesnar had won his first fight. There was all this hype and seeming potential. You want to believe Wonderboy is really that good, but you're not sure yet, you want to see him tested.

prophecy033
4/19/12 2:00:39PM

Posted by scoozna

I'm really interested in this fight...I guess I'm plagued by the hype. To me it's similar to when Lesnar had won his first fight. There was all this hype and seeming potential. You want to believe Wonderboy is really that good, but you're not sure yet, you want to see him tested.

this is how I feel about Jim Hettes, that kids ground game was fun to watch against Phan buy there is so much left to see. It's gonna be a fun next few years
sbulldavid
4/19/12 8:49:39PM
I can't see Brown winning but Thompson better not get too patient because Brown is a dangerous guy and strong in the clinch.
Adam_Buru
4/19/12 8:52:21PM
If Brown tries to stand with him, he's stupid.
Pookie
4/19/12 11:39:14PM
Brown is absolutely going to stand with him. There's not even a question about it.