ufc 145 main event any guesses??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 145 main event any guesses??
prozacnation1978
1/7/12 6:44:22PM
Curious no sign of a co main nor a main event yet for 145
I heard a possible maynard vs guida match in the works
And with cain fighting big foot in april. Probably 146

My only guess for main event would be a shogun vs thiago silva match up!!

What do you guys have as a possible main event?
Budgellism
1/7/12 6:48:41PM
Jones vs. Hendo

EDIT: Also, where did you get that information about Cain/Bigfoot? and Guida/Maynard

Nvm, I just saw the Cain/Bigfoot fight reported on espn and the Guida/Maynard fight came up quickly in a google search.
pmoney
1/7/12 7:00:52PM
I'm going out on a limb, as some would say these fights make no sense right now....

Hendo vs. Rich Franklin! Either that or a potential Hendo-Lil Nog rematch.

Co-main of Maynard-Diaz 3. I wonder, if and when that fight is made, if it will be billed as such. Their first fight was technically an exhibition... But as far as I'm concerned, it was in the UFC, and Nate finished Maynard.
prozacnation1978
1/7/12 7:26:15PM
I am saying right now memorial day weekend will get
Jones vs evans or hendo
And depending on tuf brazil. Could see a belfort vs w silva co main. Depending on the brazil venue in june if it does go through.
Rabi
1/8/12 6:46:32AM

Posted by pmoney

I'm going out on a limb, as some would say these fights make no sense right now....

Hendo v Franklin already happened, at UFC 93, don't see them redoing the match.
pmoney
1/11/12 7:11:21AM

Posted by Rabi

Posted by pmoney

Hendo v Franklin already happened, at UFC 93, don't see them redoing the match.

Agreed, hence my prefacing my statement by saying the matches may not make sense lol.

However, If Budgellism is right in his reports, I may have been close in my speculation of the Hendo-Lil Nog rematch!
Rabi
1/11/12 7:33:11AM
The rumours are Hendo turned that fight down, and confirmed is that Lil Nog will face Gustafsson in Sweden (which I'm going to) the latest rumour is Hendo v Jones and I believe its for UFC 145!
pmoney
1/11/12 7:59:31AM
Rabi, if I could get several thousand dollars and my passport expedited, I would be all over that card! I would love for nothing more than to go to Sweden! Maybe hop over to Denmark or Norway... I can only imagine, and you are living it my friend! I know you will enjoy it
Rabi
1/11/12 10:00:33AM
Thanks mate, can't wait! I'm meeting Jay over there as well which will be nice!