UFC 144 bonuses: Pettis, Lee, Henderson and Edgar earn $65K awards

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 144 bonuses: Pettis, Lee, Henderson and Edgar earn $65K awards
BuffaloDave
2/26/12 11:51:59AM
SAITAMA, Japan – Anthony Pettis, Vaughan Lee, Benson Henderson and Frankie Edgar each earned $65,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC 144 event.

Pettis earned the night's "Knockout of the Night" award, Lee picked up the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and headliners Henderson and Edgar earned "Fight of the Night" honors.

LINK
BuffaloDave
2/26/12 11:55:50AM
I really hope Timmay Boetsch gets some type of bonus.
airkerma
2/26/12 12:09:47PM
Wait, there was a judge who scored the Edgar/Bendo fight 48-47? And it was a light weight title fight? IMMEDIATE REMATCH
Haha as if on cue
isk
2/26/12 2:01:27PM
In the post-fight press conference, it was revealed that Dana visited Boetsch in the locker room after the fight, and he was effusive with praise. Reasonably confident there's some undisclosed bonus money in there.

What impressed me the most about it wasn't just the heart and testicular fortitude and sheer violence of the comeback, because those are all great things to watch. No, it's that after getting clinched up, worked over, and dominated on the ground for 2 solid rounds, Boetsch's cardio was up to the task. He wasn't just turning the hip in those uppercuts - he was starting a lot of them from the other side of his body, and they were thrown with impressive frequency for a big middleweight.

That's the common concern whenever a fighter moves down in weight, whether they're going to have the cardio to hang with generally quicker and more energetic fighters. And lest we forget, Okami looked damn good for those first two rounds. It's not like his arms were lolling at his sides as he came out for round 3. I'd like to see one more 3-5 rounder to verify, but from this performance there's a strong chance Boetsch is now fully acclimatized to the weight cut and finally has the cardio to hang in longer fights.
Budgellism
2/26/12 2:05:24PM

Posted by airkerma

Wait, there was a judge who scored the Edgar/Bendo fight 48-47? And it was a light weight title fight? IMMEDIATE REMATCH
Haha as if on cue

Edgar is one of my favourite fighters but I have no desire to see an immediate rematch. I'd like to see Edgar drop to 145 and test those waters or at the very least win a fight or two more at 155. I want to see Bendo fight Pettis in a rematch and I want to see him fight Diaz at some point. It was a close decision though so it wouldn't be the worst decision in the world.
sparky
2/26/12 5:02:40PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by airkerma

Haha as if on cue

Edgar is one of my favourite fighters but I have no desire to see an immediate rematch. I'd like to see Edgar drop to 145 and test those waters or at the very least win a fight or two more at 155. I want to see Bendo fight Pettis in a rematch and I want to see him fight Diaz at some point. It was a close decision though so it wouldn't be the worst decision in the world.

I think after everything the UFC has put Frankie through, the least they could do is give the guy a rematch if he wants it. They made him rematch BJ and Gray both after close decision so it only seems fair to give him the same in return.
Bubbles
2/26/12 5:54:24PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by airkerma

Haha as if on cue

I think after everything the UFC has put Frankie through, the least they could do is give the guy a rematch if he wants it. They made him rematch BJ and Gray both after close decision so it only seems fair to give him the same in return.

the first BJ fight should not have warranted a rematch, Edgar won that fairly easily. Maynard/Edgar 2 was a draw so a rematch was warranted. Edgar/Bendo is just like Penn/Edgar I so yes give him a rematch

Pettis does not deserve a title fight just yet after beating J-lau (2 fight winner) and barely beating Stephens (who imo won)...neither is a top 10. Miller/Diaz winner deserves title shot next.
sbulldavid
2/26/12 10:01:46PM
I'm okay with the decision, I scored it a draw with round three being even, looks like the judges felt Henderson won the round, fine. We don't need a rematch right now but everybody else has kind of knocked each other out of the running. Give Diaz a title shot, lol