UFC 143: Renan Barao vs Scott Jorgensen in the works for Feb. 4 in Las Vegas

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 143: Renan Barao vs Scott Jorgensen in the works for Feb. 4 in Las Vegas
Budgellism
12/9/11 9:18:33AM
And this is why we love the bantamweights.

The owner of MMA's longest unbeaten streak, Renan Barao, will face off against perennial bantamweight contender Scott Jorgensen at UFC 143: "Condit vs. Diaz" on Feb. 4, 2012, in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The promotion brought word of the match-up just last night.

Barao was last seen going balls-to-the-wall against British bomber Brad Pickett, cracking the returning brawler's notoriously rugged chin with an enormous standing knee before taking his back and securing the rear-naked choke win.

The victory brought Barao's unbeaten streak to an unbelievable 28 fights. In fact, the badass Brazilian has yet to lose since his professional debut.

There's a certain mohawked wrestler who'd like to change that.

LINK
grappler0000
12/9/11 9:27:24AM
I love it...good job Mr. Silva!
emfleek
12/9/11 9:30:21AM
Very nice. Feb 4th is going to be sick sick sick!
Budgellism
12/9/11 9:51:08AM
I love this fight. I'd like to see Barao win just so we can get another great challenger to Cruz's belt but I'll be happy either way. This should be a war.
BuffaloDave
12/9/11 10:00:51AM
Now that Torres is released and a Flyweight division being made with guys like Johnson and Benavidez most likely will be dropping down, this should open up for Barao to get the next title shot with a win over ROOF-E-O
sparky
12/9/11 10:54:03AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Now that Torres is released and a Flyweight division being made with guys like Johnson and Benavidez most likely will be dropping down, this should open up for Barao to get the next title shot with a win over ROOF-E-O

FastKnockout
12/9/11 12:16:33PM
Tough fight for both men.
Twenty20Dollars
12/9/11 1:27:04PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Tough fight for both men.

Agreed. Both guys will be tested in striker vs grappler. Barao might have some submissions aswell, but Scotty has the ability to put him on his back and Barao has the ability to put scotty out on the feet.
tcunningham
12/9/11 4:15:53PM
ill take scotty all day, i think hes more well rounded, with excellent sub defense and nasty power in his hands. good fight
Bubbles
12/10/11 1:11:53AM
if only GSP didnt go down....