All 20 UFC 142 Fighters Give Their Take On Their Performances

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » All 20 UFC 142 Fighters Give Their Take On Their Performances
Kpro
1/15/12 8:04:15AM
UFC 142 went down tonight from Rio de Janeiro’s HSBC Arena. In the main event featherweight weight champion Jose Aldo put his belt on the line against the undefeated Team Alpha Male product, Chad Mendes and with one second left in the first round knocked out the Sacramento resident to retain his title.

In the co-main event Vitor Belfort earned his moniker “The Phenom” and took the fight straight to Anthony Johnson. Winning the fight on the feet and taking his opponent out on the ground with an eventual rear naked choke to win the contest in the first frame of action.

Here is what the fighter’s had to say about their performances tonight:

LINK
FastKnockout
1/15/12 12:31:38PM
"I was so overcome with emotion that I wanted to celebrate with my people.” This will be what seperates him and Anderson Silva in Brzail. The moment he ran out the cage is the moment Brazil made the emotional connection.
Aether
1/15/12 4:00:24PM
“I’m not a judge. I didn’t stop the fight. All I know is that he hit me and it sent a shock of pain through my body unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I don’t know if the shots were legal. I just know it was unlike anything I’ve ever felt.”

Silva has some serious power, not that we didn't know that already.

Also:

TERRY ETIM:

*Transported to local hospital for medical care following the fight and was unavailable for comment*
Kpro
1/15/12 4:02:40PM

Posted by Aether

Also:

TERRY ETIM:

*Transported to local hospital for medical care following the fight and was unavailable for comment*

As was Michihiro Ohmygodwhat?myarmhurts
Geoffo
1/15/12 7:20:20PM
Stupid excuses 101:

ANTHONY JOHNSON:

“A loss is a loss. My legs just got really tired. I didn’t get beat up in there and he really didn’t hurt me with what he hit me with. I just got tired. I’ve got to figure this thing out.”

He didn't get beat up, he just got choked out and was forced to tap.

CARLO PRATER:

“I’m not a judge. I didn’t stop the fight. All I know is that he hit me and it sent a shock of pain through my body unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. I don’t know if the shots were legal. I just know it was unlike anything I’ve ever felt.”

I call BS, he just got hammer fisted to the side of the head.
Bubbles
1/16/12 1:14:34AM
good job Kpro, you finally got me to visit bjpenn.com ive avoided it until now
Kpro
1/16/12 1:17:55AM

Posted by Bubbles

good job Kpro, you finally got me to visit bjpenn.com ive avoided it until now

It was posted just for you Bubbles

I actually enjoyed comments from all the fighters.

Anyone know if they've been doing this for awhile?

I'll head back after every event if they keep doing these.