UFC 142 booked for Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena on Jan. 14

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 142 booked for Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena on Jan. 14
Budgellism
10/28/11 5:11:54PM
The Ultimate Fighting Championship won't wait long to return to spiritual home of mixed martial arts.

Following this past August's ultra-successful UFC 134 event, the UFC will return to Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena on Jan. 14 for an event expected to serve as UFC 142.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed the booking with UFC officials.

The UFC has yet to make an official announcement regarding the event, and potential fight bookings for the card have yet to be revealed

LINK
prophecy033
10/28/11 5:26:40PM
I hope Chael shows for this one. Even better, I hope he's booked to fight. That would be one electric crowd
Budgellism
10/28/11 5:37:57PM

Posted by prophecy033

I hope Chael shows for this one. Even better, I hope he's booked to fight. That would be one electric crowd

I don't think the risk is worth it. Brazil hates Sonnen. I think he'd be in legitimate danger and he knows that. My guess is they put Aldo as the headliner against Hioki if he beats Roop impressively. It could be Mendes though. Throw in a few other big Brazilian names and we've got ourselves a solid card.
Chael_Sonnen
10/28/11 5:55:55PM

Posted by prophecy033

Better yet, I hope Andy shows for this one.
prozacnation1978
10/28/11 6:39:35PM
My best guess

Aldo vs mendes
Belfort vs belcher
Werdum vs schuab
Barboza vs guillard
prophecy033
10/28/11 8:36:12PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by prophecy033

Better yet, I hope Andy shows for this one.

shit, mix ours together and have Chael vs Silva IN Brazil...... But I doubt that's gonna happen