UFC 142 bonuses: Barboza, Etim and Palhares earn $65K awards

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 142 bonuses: Barboza, Etim and Palhares earn $65K awards
BuffaloDave
1/15/12 1:30:52AM
RIO DE JANEIRO – Edson Barboza, Rousimar Palhares and Terry Etim each earned $65,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC 142 event. Barboza, in fact, got two of them worth $130,000 total.

LINK
Kpro
1/15/12 1:36:23AM
I thought SOTN would go to Vitor.

Ebersole got KOTN for beating Hallman because of the banana hammock incident.

Rumble's incident was much worse. I though Dana would've given it to Vitor for the same reasoning.
BuffaloDave
1/15/12 1:36:55AM
Like I said in the discussion thread, I felt Palhares had the SOTN before the fight even started.

Barboza with two well deserved bonuses, nice to see Etim rewarded for being the recipient of that highlight real KO. That will help him get over his headache.
Twenty20Dollars
1/15/12 1:39:41AM
Vitor's getting his 20% bonus for AJ being overweight.

Palhares had the better submission.
Good to see Barboza win big.
Budgellism
1/15/12 1:44:02AM
All well deserved
RearNakedJoke
1/15/12 3:13:29AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Like I said in the discussion thread, I felt Palhares had the SOTN before the fight even started.

Barboza with two well deserved bonuses, nice to see Etim rewarded for being the recipient of that highlight real KO. That will help him get over his headache.

Etim deserved a bonus after that!
isk
1/15/12 4:43:13AM
We're not even out of January and we have a clear contender for Knockout of the Year. The setup, the execution, the murderface of Barboza as the kick connects, the vacated look and stiff-as-a-board fall of Etim immediately after impact, the complete lack of a follow-up strike and the confident gestures of victory by Barboza in the middle of the octagon - it's everything you could want in a highlight reel.
prozacnation1978
1/15/12 1:03:42PM
Not many candidates for fight of night
But I thought.the omigawa vs alcantra was better
Aether
1/15/12 3:11:51PM
Figured they would give Barboza a double bonus for that. Didn't think they would give it FOTN though, I just thought they would double the size of barboza's KOTN bonus.
Bubbles
1/15/12 4:40:40PM
i dont think Vitor should have gotten SOTN because a RNC is so common while we rarely see leg locks. GG's RNC was just as impressive as Vitors...not to mention Koscheck also beat AJ by RNC