UFC 141 headliner Brock Lesnar not ailing, 'actually quite pleasant'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 141 headliner Brock Lesnar not ailing, 'actually quite pleasant'
Budgellism
10/3/11 7:46:31AM
Ever since his camp began for a UFC 141 bout with Alistair Overeem, ex-UFC champ Brock Lesnar has been dogged by rumors.

Countless sources have speculated to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the once-ailing Lesnar isn't able to train and that the December heavyweight blockbuster will be canceled.

UFC president Dana White has a simple answer to that: "bull [expletive]."

"It's not true," White told MMAjunkie.com over the weekend. "And it actually can't be any further than the truth."

UFC 141 takes place Dec. 30 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The event, which takes place on a Friday to avoid Sin City's usual New Year's Eve congestion, airs on pay-per-view and marks the UFC debut of former Strikeforce champ and K-1 world champion Overeem.

For Lesnar (5-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC), the Overeem (35-11 MMA, 0-0 UFC) booking is his first fight since an October 2010 title loss to Cain Velasquez. A second bout with diverticulitis scratched a planned summer contest with fellow "The Ultimate Fighter 13" coach Junior Dos Santos. Lesnar's inactivity led some MMA pundits to speculate that a retirement announcement was in the works, but White recently branded the speculation as "ridiculous."

LINK
Bubbles
10/3/11 4:39:54PM
i wont be surprised if Lesnar has to back out due to some injury or sickness. i hope hes fine to fight and gets KO'd by a Ubereem knee, but i wont believe anything said until this fight takes place or is officially cancelled