UFC 141 Cut List - Who needs a win?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 141 Cut List - Who needs a win?
emfleek
12/30/11 12:26:27PM
Ross Pearson (12-5, 4-2 UFC)
Who he's facing: Junior Assuncao
Why he's in danger: Okay, so maybe danger isn't the word. Pearson is an Ultimate Fighter winner and a nice guy to have on the roster for future U.K. events, so he's probably not going anywhere no matter what happens on Friday night.

Matt Riddle (5-3, 5-3 UFC)
Who he's facing: Luis Ramos
Why he's in danger: It's the same old story. Two losses in a row leaves him one bad night away from the dreaded three-fight skid. But how did it get to this point? Things were going so well for a time.

Manny Gamburyan (11-6, 2-4 UFC)
Who he's facing: Diego Nunes
Why he's in danger: If you go back to his recent WEC stint (and it's all in the Zuffa family, so why not?), he's on a two-fight losing streak. You know what that means. Then again, his last loss in the WEC was to Jose Aldo, so he deserves a little slack. And his most recent UFC loss was a majority decision to Tyson Griffin, which, okay, doesn't look great in light of Griffin's recent stretch.

Efrain Escudero (18-3, 3-2 UFC)
Who he's facing: Jacob Volkmann
Why he's in danger: The former TUF winner is back in the big show, and he's got his work cut out for him. After being cut following a disastrous Fight Night appearance in which he failed to make weight and then got submitted by Charles Oliveira, he knocked around in the small shows and did well enough to merit a phone call when the UFC found itself in need of a quality lightweight.

LINK
DrivenDavies15
12/30/11 1:11:06PM
Hope to see all these guys win tonight but I see Escudero losing. I'm kind of on the fence with Gamburyan. I picked him because I think people are overlooking him a little bit and Gamburyan has more power and imo can take this to the ground if he wants. He didn't look great against Tyson Griffin but it was a pretty close fight. This was the toughest one for me to pick on the whole card though lol
Twenty20Dollars
12/30/11 1:33:31PM
Riddle prolly in the most danger with 2 straight losses.
TeamDEY
12/30/11 2:19:56PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Riddle prolly in the most danger with 2 straight losses.

Thats what i was thinking... def riddle
kingsmasher
12/30/11 2:32:53PM

Posted by emfleek

Ross Pearson (12-5, 4-2 UFC)
Who he's facing: Junior Assuncao
Why he's in danger: Okay, so maybe danger isn't the word. Pearson is an Ultimate Fighter winner and a nice guy to have on the roster for future U.K. events, so he's probably not going anywhere no matter what happens on Friday night.

Matt Riddle (5-3, 5-3 UFC)
Who he's facing: Luis Ramos
Why he's in danger: It's the same old story. Two losses in a row leaves him one bad night away from the dreaded three-fight skid. But how did it get to this point? Things were going so well for a time.

Manny Gamburyan (11-6, 2-4 UFC)
Who he's facing: Diego Nunes
Why he's in danger: If you go back to his recent WEC stint (and it's all in the Zuffa family, so why not?), he's on a two-fight losing streak. You know what that means. Then again, his last loss in the WEC was to Jose Aldo, so he deserves a little slack. And his most recent UFC loss was a majority decision to Tyson Griffin, which, okay, doesn't look great in light of Griffin's recent stretch.

Efrain Escudero (18-3, 3-2 UFC)
Who he's facing: Jacob Volkmann
Why he's in danger: The former TUF winner is back in the big show, and he's got his work cut out for him. After being cut following a disastrous Fight Night appearance in which he failed to make weight and then got submitted by Charles Oliveira, he knocked around in the small shows and did well enough to merit a phone call when the UFC found itself in need of a quality lightweight.

LINK

I would def say Gamburyan from a biz standpoint hes injury prone and cutting him prolly will save...

Maybe Riddle but I think hes a likable guy...

Pearson def not going anywhere like u said they need more UK fighter..
BuffaloDave
12/30/11 3:38:21PM
Riddle if he loses and looks like shit in doing so, same can be said for Manny too.

I would imagine Escudero is probably on a short leash, especially since he is in the deepest division in the UFC.
40ouncetpkid
12/30/11 4:17:00PM
I think both escurdo and volkamon both need a win here big time. Riddle probably get one more shot but definitely needs to end this streak. Mannys safe too I think but he's really falling down the ladder rapidly he really needs a win and I think he gets it flip flopping putting nunes in this position next time.

Pearson agree with too. He's not going anywhere but like manny he needs a win to stay somewhat relevant.
tcunningham
12/30/11 8:46:05PM
yeah, riddle and manny are definitely in danger. escudero i think could lose one, and still get one more fight before he's cut AGAIN. pearson is ok for for now due to his fan base in the UK, kind of the same thing as hardy, the ufc doesnt want to lose the UK fan base.
prozacnation1978
12/31/11 1:10:15AM
I think gamburyen may be cut