UFC 141: Alistair Overeem promises to send Brock Lesnar back to WWE on Dec. 30

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 141: Alistair Overeem promises to send Brock Lesnar back to WWE on Dec. 30
sparky
12/11/11 2:47:43PM
This despite persistent rumors that Alistair Overeem won't be fighting Brock Lesnar at UFC 141 on Dec. 30 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The MMA media was working overtime last night at the UFC 140 post-fight press conference, as Twitter was alight with word that something went wrong and "The Reem" wouldn't be making the trip to the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

When asked about Overeem's status, UFC President Dana White responded with a perturbed look and a question of his own:

"Where do you guys get this sh*t? I also heard Lyoto Machida was sick. If someone is hurt, I usually know these things before you guys."

That's all well and good but the rumor had nothing to do with an injury. In fact, Overeem is on the agenda for the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) on Monday. That could be just to get his fight license but rumors persist that there's more to it than that, namely that it has something to do with his pre-fight drug test

Link
Chael_Sonnen
12/11/11 3:13:02PM
I also heard a rumor that he likes horse meat.
Wallass
12/11/11 4:51:38PM
I also heard a rumor he wont be fighting Brock this month
jae_1833
12/11/11 6:23:26PM
I just hope I don't see Brock dry hump him back to Asia.....really a win over Brock could lead to some great future match ups.
DeadHead988
12/11/11 6:27:01PM
I've been waiting for years for him to fail a drug test. I'm probably the only one, but I hope he's out of 141 so we can get a better fight.
Redkayak
12/11/11 7:08:48PM
it would look too much like a setup if Alistair couldnt fight ad Mir stepped in.

It be a nightmare too because no matter who would win- Mir or Brock- egos would unnecessarily fly.
kingsmasher
12/12/11 12:35:35PM
I personally think Brock is just wanting the check and has no interest in regaining a title...Just a guess but he really does nothing to evolve himself as a MMA fighter...He gave it a try and mroe than likely is ok with teh results...Prolly blames his disease for the loss and will set up big money fights for Rheem...

In all honesty I think Brock could win this easily...Get early takedowns...Rheems overrated on teh feet being he did notta to Werdum...