UFC 140: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Will Not Need Surgery On Broken Arm After Frank Mir Fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 140: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Will Not Need Surgery On Broken Arm After Frank Mir Fight
sparky
12/13/11 10:01:02AM
When Frank Mir shattered Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's arm at UFC 140, it seemed like it was going to be a very long time before Nogueira ever stepped back in the cage. In fact, it seemed possible that the injury would be so severe that "Big Nog" might never fight again.

Dana White tweeted out a picture the day after the fight saying that they were flying Nogueira to LA to get the broken arm fixed.

But now his brother, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira tweeted the following:

We've just received the diagnosis from the doctor, he said he prefers not to operate and said it will heal, that in five months he'll fight again.

Link
Lesnar1
12/13/11 10:09:07AM
Wow! Rodrigo really is like Frankenstein, how he doesn't need surgery after mir popped his arm into that disturbing angle is amazing, glad 2 hear he's gonna recover sooner than first thought though, maybe Dana will give him another shot.
grappler0000
12/13/11 10:36:28AM

Posted by Lesnar1

...maybe Dana will give him another shot.

Watching the Rio Presser right now...based on what Dana just had to say about him, I would pretty much guarantee he'll be back.
Poor_Franklin
12/13/11 1:48:16PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Lesnar1

...maybe Dana will give him another shot.

Watching the Rio Presser right now...based on what Dana just had to say about him, I would pretty much guarantee he'll be back.

Lesnar1
12/14/11 1:16:32AM
That's awesome! I rekon Roy Nelson would be a good matchup for Nog when he returns.
Aether
12/14/11 8:26:14AM
he's lucky that all he got was a clean break from that. Kimuras can do some ugly damage to your shoulder joint.
bjj1605
12/14/11 1:39:13PM

Posted by Aether

he's lucky that all he got was a clean break from that. Kimuras can do some ugly damage to your shoulder joint.

Totally agree.

Most of the time a Kimura is a shoulder lock. Depending on the angle of the arm, it can be an "armbar"; which is what plenty of noob commentators call it anyway.

Tearing up the shoulder can be really bad news. A broken bone isn't so bad in comparison.
icecold2357
12/14/11 3:33:02PM
I thought for sure Mir tore up his shoulder along with breaking his arm.

It's good to hear he will make a recovery bc that Kimura was NASTY. I agree that Nog vs Nelson would be a good matchup for him when he returns

EDIT: looks like Roy is gonna be facing Werdum. Hopefully Roy wins that and they wait for Nog to return to book him again