UFC 138's Renan Barao says he's ready for bantamweight title shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 138's Renan Barao says he's ready for bantamweight title shot
Budgellism
11/7/11 9:22:01AM
Renan Barao believes he's ready for a title shot.

Of course, his 27 straight victories lend some credence to the argument.

After all, Barao, who scored a first-round submission victory over English fighter Brad Pickett in Saturday's UFC 138 co-headliner, said there's only one reason fighters come to the UFC: to fight for a championship.

Soon after his Spike TV-televised victory, which came via rear-naked choke at LG Arena in Birminghan, England, Barao answered the obvious question: Is he ready for a shot at bantamweight titleholder Dominick Cruz?

LINK
emfleek
11/7/11 9:48:42AM
WAR BARAO!!!

Dude looked slick as can be once again on Saturday.

Budgellism
11/7/11 9:57:08AM
He's definitely got a lot of potential and a fight with Cruz would be awesome. I'd like to see him fight Jorgensen or Torres (if he wins his next fight) first though.
Chael_Sonnen
11/7/11 10:09:05AM
Damn you Brad, I wish I would've picked Barao
Budgellism
11/7/11 10:48:51AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Had Barao by UD then I switched to Pickett UD last minute. Hot Bouts piss me off.
ghandikush
11/7/11 11:39:59AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Had Barao by UD then I switched to Pickett UD last minute. Hot Bouts piss me off.

Barao is above mediocrity, and Picket is from the UK, o the pick was easy for me. Cruz will dominate Barao though, badly. Just a stylistic thing. Picket might have been a better fight ince Cruz doesnt use his wrestling much anymore and Picket is a bit more technical and orthodox with his striking.
KungFuMaster
11/7/11 11:55:28AM
Barao could very well get his title shot because Cruz already cleaned out most of the division. If it was to happen, I predict another easy win for Cruz.
ncordless
11/7/11 11:58:34AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Barao is above mediocrity, and Picket is from the UK, o the pick was easy for me. Cruz will dominate Barao though, badly. Just a stylistic thing. Picket might have been a better fight ince Cruz doesnt use his wrestling much anymore and Picket is a bit more technical and orthodox with his striking.

If Cruz does dominate Barao, it will have to be completely due to his wrestling. Mighty Mouse showed how to nullify Cruz's striking, and the length and different angles of attack from Barao will give Cruz fits on the feet, if not get him KTFO. I look forward to the fight, and think it is the best BW match up to make at this point.

If not, give me Barao vs. Torres. Those two guys are similar, and I think it would be a war.
gartface
11/7/11 1:14:33PM
I'm still lobbying for Cruz Benavidez 3, 4 and 5.

Barao would be an awesome fight for Cruz. Why not? If they don't put him up against Cruz, I'd love to see Mayday and Barao fight since Eduardo pulled out.
Bubbles
11/7/11 2:50:54PM
id like to see him beat Jorgensen before getting a title shot
Travesty145
11/7/11 2:53:33PM
give him a title shot now. nobody has beaten pickett like that
Geoffo
11/7/11 3:13:11PM
Give him the title shot and let Domnick "Cruz" his way to victory .....

But no seriously I hope Cruz wins.
Franklinfan47
11/7/11 4:19:06PM
Id say

Barao vs winner of Faber/Bowles
Barao vs Jorgenson
or
Barao vs Benevidez

If he won in any of those match-ups, give him the title shot
Cooler
11/8/11 4:52:51PM
They should make Cruz vs Berao on the 142 card