UFC 137 pay-per-view main card set

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 137 pay-per-view main card set
DrivenDavies15
9/1/11 5:19:36PM
The five-fight main card for October's UFC 137 event is set.

The event takes place Oct. 29 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Headlining the night's pay-per-view main card is a champion-vs.-champion title fight between the UFC's Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) and Strikeforce's Nick Diaz (25-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC).

LINK
DrivenDavies15
9/1/11 5:21:57PM
I'm just kinda surprised Hatsu Hioki vs George Roop made the main card over Donald Cerrone vs Sennis Siver, very easy marketable matchup in Cerrone v Siver
Budgellism
9/1/11 5:34:40PM
They want to market Hioki for when UFC Japan comes around. Plus you've gotta remember it was originally Sam Stout vs. Dennis Siver and honestly, that's an incredible matchup but neither are fan favourite fighters so replacing that with Hioki's ufc debut makes sense. It's not what I would do, but I can see where they're coming from with that decision. Having a FOTN type fight as the Spike headliner also helps to draw in more casual viewers to the ppv.
prozacnation1978
9/1/11 11:22:53PM
Cerrone is on a roll and siver is a title contender
They sure as hell don't deserve a prelim fight
DrivenDavies15
9/2/11 3:58:35AM

Posted by Budgellism

They want to market Hioki for when UFC Japan comes around. Plus you've gotta remember it was originally Sam Stout vs. Dennis Siver and honestly, that's an incredible matchup but neither are fan favourite fighters so replacing that with Hioki's ufc debut makes sense. It's not what I would do, but I can see where they're coming from with that decision. Having a FOTN type fight as the Spike headliner also helps to draw in more casual viewers to the ppv.

I know what your saying but imo wouldn't it be smarter to put but Hatsu Hioki on free spike prelims to promote him? The winner of Siver v Cerrone is most likely going be in a number 1 contender match after this so they deserve to be on main card but idn thats just my opinion, wouldn't be too impressed if was Siver or Cerrone
BuffaloDave
9/2/11 6:39:34PM
There's a very good chance that every fight on the main card might end by a stoppage.

Hell everyone is b!tching that Hioki/Roop should be on prelims and Siver/Cerrone should be on the main card, I say move Cro-Cop/Nelson to prelims neither one of them have been enjoyable to watch.