UFC 136 winner Chael Sonnen offers Anderson Silva rematch, calls Vitor Belfort a fool

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 136 winner Chael Sonnen offers Anderson Silva rematch, calls Vitor Belfort a fool
Budgellism
10/9/11 10:33:00AM
Consider Chael Sonnen's silence broken.

After a pre-UFC 136 buildup largely void of any of Sonnen's famed trashtalking and epic rants, the top middleweight contender wasted little time in further alienating any Brazilian fans he may have had by proclaiming himself the UFC's true middleweight champion and offering Anderson Silva a second crack at the title.

Oh yeah, and he called Vitor Belfort a fool and ordered "The Phenom" to carry his luggage to the airport.

"I am the middleweight champion," Sonnen proclaimed at Saturday night's post-UFC 136 press conference. "I defended my championship tonight for the first time, and I am willing to give Anderson a shot at the true belt, the linear belt, the people's belt for the best damn middleweight there's ever been."

LINK
Bubbles
10/9/11 12:08:00PM
ANDERSON SILVA....YOU SUCK!!!!

that was pure gold.

WAR SONNEN
Budgellism
10/9/11 12:25:10PM
Sonnen just sold out a massive arena in seconds before the fight was made, the event was official and well before the tickets were on sale. Love him or hate him, the man knows what he's doing.
prozacnation1978
10/9/11 12:53:27PM
I think this fight happens just cause ufc has nobody else to fight silva

Next may be bisping. And belcher may be two wins away.
tmas
10/9/11 1:38:50PM
chael has been trying to goad anderson into a rematch he is trying to get in his head, under his skin whatever, and that has not been a good thing for Anderson's opponets in the past.
airkerma
10/9/11 2:12:38PM

Posted by Budgellism

Sonnen just sold out a massive arena in seconds before the fight was made, the event was official and well before the tickets were on sale. Love him or hate him, the man knows what he's doing.

Very good point, it will b e hard for the ufc not to make this fight. I thought sonnen looked better than ever last night, though i hate the ^%^% out of him. I could argue that stann didn't have the tools to deal with him, but I think sonnen deserves credit for one of the most exciting fights of the night (just because of how he pushed the pace and went in like a madman). Silva and sonnen would be a great rematch.
Budgellism
10/9/11 2:57:31PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Budgellism

Very good point, it will b e hard for the ufc not to make this fight. I thought sonnen looked better than ever last night, though i hate the ^%^% out of him. I could argue that stann didn't have the tools to deal with him, but I think sonnen deserves credit for one of the most exciting fights of the night (just because of how he pushed the pace and went in like a madman). Silva and sonnen would be a great rematch.

Stann showed signs of being able to deal with him and his wrestling but he also showed he's breakable. That's what Sonnen does to guys.
jae_1833
10/9/11 5:04:23PM
Stann has never been nor ever will be a ground fighter.
Jride
10/9/11 6:20:38PM

Posted by Bubbles

that was pure gold.

WAR SONNEN

Funny how you picked Marquardt and Anderson to beat him.

Even funnier how people only believed he could give Anderson a good fight AFTER the fact that he did.

Sonnen fans are the worst, because no one was a Sonnen fan before 117.
prophecy033
10/9/11 7:01:33PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I think this fight happens just cause ufc has nobody else to fight silva

Next may be bisping. And belcher may be two wins away.

Bisping....
quezocrema0032
10/9/11 8:50:15PM

Posted by Jride

Posted by Bubbles

that was pure gold.

WAR SONNEN

Even funnier how people only believed he could give Anderson a good fight AFTER the fact that he did.

Not true for myself, Ive been a sonnen fan since his wec days. When Filho missed weight for the title fight and sonnen said in the prefight he promised his father on his death bed that he would win a world championship for him but now he cant because Paulo missed weight. That alone made me a die hard Cheal fan, and he's since taken it to another level lol
Kpro
10/9/11 9:20:46PM

Posted by Jride

Prior to 117 I had him beating Filho in the rematch in 08 and got an underdog bonus by picking him to upset Okami, which he did, in 09. I'm not saying I'm a huge fan by any means, but looking at PG percentages, not many others had him beating Filho and Okami and I always felt he was overlooked. I also didn't pick Anderson to beat him.

I agree though that most fans jumped on after that fight, but he has a lot of longtime fans around this area (Oregon, Washington), that were fans well before then as just about any former or current Team Quest member does.
ghandikush
10/9/11 10:18:41PM

Posted by Budgellism

It would have sold out anyway. It's the UFC. As for the best middleweight, maybe he should stop getting tapped.
tcunningham
10/9/11 11:50:10PM
all of the vid out there of sonnens UFC 136 interviews are instant classics. i normally get really bored watching interviews but sonnen somehow kept my attention. the "biggest arms in west lynn" was f**king hilarious if you havent seen it yet.
Poor_Franklin
10/10/11 12:48:15AM

Posted by ghandikush

As for the best middleweight, maybe he should stop getting tapped.

Bubbles
10/10/11 11:41:12AM

Posted by Jride

Posted by Bubbles

that was pure gold.

WAR SONNEN

i picked Marquardt because he was the better all around fighter. i picked Silva because logic said to. making fantasy picks and cheering are two seperate issues. im a Jardine nuthugger but i would never pick him to beat the likes of Shogun
ghandikush
10/10/11 2:43:02PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Jride

Posted by Bubbles

that was pure gold.

WAR SONNEN

i picked Marquardt because he was the better all around fighter. i picked Silva because logic said to. making fantasy picks and cheering are two seperate issues. im a Jardine nuthugger but i would never pick him to beat the likes of Shogun

I think being rational is much more a good thing than bad.