UFC 136 gets second title fight as champ Jose Aldo meets Kenny Florian

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 136 gets second title fight as champ Jose Aldo meets Kenny Florian
FastKnockout
7/15/11 7:32:39PM
A pretty darn good card has just gotten better.

UFC officials today confirmed a second title fight added to UFC 136, which takes place Oct. 8 at Houston's Toyota Center.

Featherweight champ Jose Aldo makes the second defense of his UFC title when he meets two-time lightweight challenger and newly minted 145-pound fighter Kenny Florian.

LINK
Budgellism
7/15/11 7:34:47PM
I was just about to post this. Awesome fight. This card is going to be huge, I love it.
Wallass
7/15/11 8:05:49PM
Awesome card. That being said, with the injury bug the way I hope it clears up by this show!
KaibaThedon
7/15/11 8:13:53PM
War KenFlo though he will get murdered :(
pmoney
7/15/11 8:44:52PM
Kenny "Kenflo" Florian ..... :::::shaking head:::::

Good luck to you buddy. You had a good showing against Diego Nunes. Although you out pointed "The Gun", it seemed like every time you got touched, you got dropped. I have a feeling Aldo is gonna put his touch on you my man, and you won't like it.

Lightweight is a murderer's row right now, but I think you need to get back there. It's not healthy to have 2% body fat as you appeared to at Featherweight. Get some meat on your bones so you can take a shot.
Budgellism
7/15/11 9:02:30PM

Posted by pmoney

Kenny "Kenflo" Florian ..... :::::shaking head:::::

Good luck to you buddy. You had a good showing against Diego Nunes. Although you out pointed "The Gun", it seemed like every time you got touched, you got dropped. I have a feeling Aldo is gonna put his touch on you my man, and you won't like it.

Lightweight is a murderer's row right now, but I think you need to get back there. It's not healthy to have 2% body fat as you appeared to at Featherweight. Get some meat on your bones so you can take a shot.

I think Aldo's got this thing in the bag. Aldo's speed is going to mess with Florian and then it's going to be lights out.
Kpro
7/15/11 9:26:11PM
Aldo couldn't finish Hominick or Faber in 25 minutes and I think we all saw moments in both of those fights where Aldo took "breaks" in the rounds. It's definitely possible but I wouldn't assume he's going to retain his title in a flashy fashion against Florian.
hashyandy4
7/15/11 9:55:58PM

Posted by Budgellism

I was just about to post this. Awesome fight. This card is going to be huge, I love it.

Could really be insane if everyone stays healthy
Chael_Sonnen
7/15/11 9:59:48PM
Kenflo = Dead Man Walking
bjj1605
7/15/11 10:07:59PM
If kenny fails in this title attempt does he get another shot? do we have a three strike you're out rule?

Or is that baseball?
prophecy033
7/15/11 10:08:15PM
Although Florian will have the reach and size advantage I don't see that helping him in this fight. Aldo is too good standing and on the ground to let this one slip out of his fingers. That and kennys track record in championship fights is deplorable. He kinda defines the word choke in high pressure fights. Aldo takes it by unanimous decision
Budgellism
7/15/11 11:04:01PM

Posted by hashyandy4

Posted by Budgellism

Could really be insane if everyone stays healthy

I really hope they do. The fights they have announced so far are all very good fights.
pmoney
7/16/11 12:16:43AM

Posted by Kpro

Aldo couldn't finish Hominick or Faber in 25 minutes and I think we all saw moments in both of those fights where Aldo took "breaks" in the rounds. It's definitely possible but I wouldn't assume he's going to retain his title in a flashy fashion against Florian.

This is a good point. Perhaps Aldo couldn't finish Faber simply because that was an opponent he wanted to play it "safe" against? Maybe he couldn't finish Hominick, and came close to being defeated in the fifth, imo, because he was sick. Who knows? I feel Aldo has more spectacular showings than GSP style 5 rounders. (Which can be tactically brilliant, again in my humblest opinion)

I think if we were speaking statistically, Aldo's decline of averages would mean he's due to come out and wow us again. The fight I was watching, Kenny's chin didn't look super good.... I say he comes back like Anderson Silva and Lyoto and gives us a spectacular KO.
KungFuMaster
7/16/11 12:50:41AM
I guess I am alone here. I think Florian has a good chance. He is a smart fighter who is also a tactician in the octagon.

I think Florian can definitely give Aldo a run for his money.
prozacnation1978
7/16/11 9:08:05AM
Nice sweet card.
135 needs a few more fights
I don't regret cancelling houston to go to vegas card instead

Houston
Edgar vs maynard
Stann vs sonnen
Maia vs santiago
Aldo vs florian
Guillard vs lauzon

Vegas