UFC 136's 'appreciative' Chael Sonnen willing to tip hat to Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 136's 'appreciative' Chael Sonnen willing to tip hat to Anderson Silva
jjeans
10/3/11 3:27:35AM
Right about now, Chael Sonnen is kicking back on his couch with a couple of movies ("Road to Perdition" and "The Bounty Hunter") and a couple of magazines ("Soldier of Fortune," probably).

Usually, you hear that the week prior to fight week is the final push before tapering down for the rush of pre-event activities.

For Sonnen, that isn't the case, at least not this time around.

He's sick, and he'll be taking the weekend off prior to his fight with Brian Stann in the co-main event of UFC 136, which takes place Oct. 8 at Houston's Toyota Center. Sonnen (25-11-1 MMA, 4-4 UFC) and Stann (11-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) are part of the pay-per-view main card.

"I think it's just a common thing when you start to wear down," he said.

LINK
KungFuMaster
10/3/11 3:49:07AM
Sonnen did gave a little appreciation to Silva but managed to squeeze in a few insults as well. The man has a gift.
Chael_Sonnen
10/3/11 3:02:08PM
Uncle Chael is back fighting in the UFC......all is right in the universe
Bubbles
10/3/11 4:37:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Uncle Chael is back fighting in the UFC......all is right in the universe

DeadHead988
10/3/11 5:09:28PM
"My dad worked hard every day; my father was a plumber," Sonnen said. "He worked hard every day, and he never once complained about being tired and not feeling good, and I would never disrespect him or any of the other men and women out there who work a lot harder and a lot longer days than I do by complaining about being a little bit run down."

This more than makes up for anything offensive he's ever said.
Chael_Sonnen
10/3/11 5:49:10PM

Posted by DeadHead988

"My dad worked hard every day; my father was a plumber," Sonnen said. "He worked hard every day, and he never once complained about being tired and not feeling good, and I would never disrespect him or any of the other men and women out there who work a lot harder and a lot longer days than I do by complaining about being a little bit run down."

This more than makes up for anything offensive he's ever said.

IMO, he's never said anything offensive.
TheAngelOfDeath
10/4/11 11:41:34AM
There's been a suspension for failure to disclose the use of prescribed testosterone following his unsuccessful bid for Silva's title at UFC 117, a second suspension for comments he made during his appeal of said punishment, and a felony conviction with real estate.

The UFC is turning into the NFL.