UFC 135's Kosheck willing to stir the pot for a fight, but respects opponent Hughes

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 135's Kosheck willing to stir the pot for a fight, but respects opponent Hughes
emfleek
9/22/11 3:24:50PM
DENVER – The UFC is finally on the same page with Josh Kosheck (15-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC) in booking a fight with Matt Hughes (45-8 MMA, 18-6 UFC) – or so the onetime welterweight challenger said.

The way Koscheck sees it, he's been lobbying for the bout for some time, and his requests have fallen on deaf ears.

"I've asked for it a number of times, and I'm not sure why he never accepted it or it's never been offered to him," Koscheck said.

That's news to the former welterweight champ. He wasn't aware that he'd been ducking anybody.

"Probably a question for Dana (White)," Hughes offered after Koscheck explained his plight.

LINK
Theoutlaw08
9/22/11 3:55:54PM
I'm looking forward to this fight. I dislike Kos, but Im glad he respects Hughed....
Hughes wins via sub
Chael_Sonnen
9/22/11 3:59:24PM
I would love to see Hughes ride off into the sunset on his John Deere tractor after demolishing Kos
tcunningham
9/22/11 5:16:20PM
i think the fight will be determined by what Kos comes to the fight. whether hes at 100% from his time off or not. i think we all know what matt hughes will come with. hes out of his prime and i think this is a bad match up for Kos especially. hes proving nothing by beating hughes and hughes has nothing to prove either. i want matt to win but i dont see it happening.
bjj1605
9/22/11 5:53:21PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I would love to see Hughes ride off into the sunset on his John Deere tractor after demolishing Kos

Or.... if he loses... he could ride OVER Kos!! (JK)

I hope Hughes can pull off a win but I really doubt it.

The reason Dana never offered this fight to Hughes is because it never made sense. The only reason to match up a young gun like Kos with an aging legend like Hughes is to build up the younger fighters name. Kos already has a name. Hughes wasn't close to a title shot while Kos was on top. The match never made sense.

Even now, its just because its a replacement fight.
gravy13
9/22/11 6:08:09PM
There's no way Hughes wins this match. Kos all day.
Chael_Sonnen
9/22/11 6:09:55PM
What cracked me up in the Countdown Show was Dave C. saying that Kos wanted to fight Hughes for 10 years now.....wait a minute.....Kos wasn't even in the UFC 10 years ago.

My heart wants Hughes to win, but my PG senses are picking the Q-Tip
machodog76
9/22/11 6:23:24PM
I think they're both jerks, I'm hoping for a double KO, but Kos will most likely TKO him in the first.
mrsmiley
9/22/11 7:43:18PM
I not sure why Kos is so motivated to fight Hughes.
Sure Hughes is a legend but at the same time you can tell he's coming to the close of his career. Selling his gym,though he's still a great fighter you can tell he's starting to fade a little,etc.
I just can't see how Koscheck stands to gain alot from this bout at this time.
Sure it's a win,and yes it is against one of the best,arguagly the best ever in the division.
If anything I think it shows Josh does have mounds of respect for Hughes even if he's not over abundently showing it.
airkerma
9/22/11 9:11:53PM

Posted by gravy13

bjj1605
9/23/11 12:51:22AM

Posted by gravy13

Enough quotes like this and I might change my pick to Hughes.

The MMA gods don't take to kindly to pick-hubris in mortals. The biggest upsets always happen when people claim that "so-and-so has zero chance."

Edit: Also, big words coming from a guy who is 0-0.
prozacnation1978
9/23/11 8:21:44AM
At least he respects one fighter!!!
Bubbles
9/23/11 1:24:05PM
Kos 2nd round TKO.

willing to av bet on this fight