UFC 133: Rashad Evans new camp could be key to winning Tito Ortiz rematch

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 133: Rashad Evans new camp could be key to winning Tito Ortiz rematch
pmoney
7/17/11 10:53:30AM
Could it be that Rashad Evans training at Greg Jackson's MMA was actually a bad thing all along?

That statement would seem blasphemous considering he rose to fame and prominence while under the tutelage of the master training, reaching the pinnacle of the sport by besting a legend before winning the light heavyweight title.

But, as it turns out, during that stretch (and for some time before it), "Suga" may not have been getting the proper attention during his training camps and therefore was not adequately prepared for his fights.

Such as the first meeting against Tito Ortiz.

Article
FastKnockout
7/17/11 1:24:27PM
We won't know until fight time. It's hard to think that Evans will grow from leaving Jackson's, but we will find out. I hopes he smashes Tito.
prophecy033
7/17/11 1:54:41PM
The last thing would would say about Rashad was that he's reserved, and that's the finda demeanor that radiates from Jacksons. With that being said he was a champion while training there. If Evans feels that he wasn't getting the adequate attention while training its well within his rights to find a camp that meets those needs. Plus its never a bad thing to get a new perspective on the way you do things. Evans will win this fight
FlashyG
7/17/11 3:47:58PM

Posted by prophecy033

The last thing would would say about Rashad was that he's reserved, and that's the finda demeanor that radiates from Jacksons. With that being said he was a champion while training there. If Evans feels that he wasn't getting the adequate attention while training its well within his rights to find a camp that meets those needs. Plus its never a bad thing to get a new perspective on the way you do things. Evans will win this fight

When you say reserved is the demeanor that radiates from Jackson's, are you trying to politely say that he train's boring fighters?

If thats your argument, you should probably look at his roster.

Andrei Arlovski, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Shane Carwin, Donald Cerrone, Leonard Garcia, Carlos Condit, Melvin Guillard, Keith Jardine, Diego Sanchez, Brian Stann and Jon Jones.

There's not to many of us who would call any of them boring and those were just the ones off the top of my head.
Jekyll
7/17/11 7:01:28PM
i do think that fighters get better by experiancing training from different trainers...

Right now the Jackson formula wins, but it wasn't that long ago that Militach was in the same spot... times change, however i do see one common thread from most of the Jackson fighters, they fight to not lose rather then fight to win. They seem to go for the LnP style of fighting while looking active. It might win you fights but they are not fun to watch...

People want to see guy go out to win not go out to not lose. IMO it might be a very good thing switching camps, that way he gets to learn from someone with differnt views on how to improve his fight game.
FlashyG
7/17/11 7:20:38PM

Posted by Jekyll

i do think that fighters get better by experiancing training from different trainers...

Right now the Jackson formula wins, but it wasn't that long ago that Militach was in the same spot... times change, however i do see one common thread from most of the Jackson fighters, they fight to not lose rather then fight to win. They seem to go for the LnP style of fighting while looking active. It might win you fights but they are not fun to watch...

People want to see guy go out to win not go out to not lose.

Please tell me a trainer who has produced more exciting fighters than Greg Jackson.

He has 2 fighters that can even remotely fit your description, one of which only trains at his gym part time.

Other than GSP and Guida this argument just doesn't hold water.