Preliminary card:

Johny Hendricks (10-1) -115 vs. Mike Pierce (12-3) -115

Mike Brown (24-8) -215 vs. Nam Phan (16-8) +175

Ivan Menjivar (22-8) -215 vs. Nick Pace (6-1) +175

Rafael "Sapo" Natal (11-3-1) -125 vs. Paul Bradley (18-2) -105

LINK
kingsmasher
8/4/11 2:23:28PM
Those odds are just crazy for Tito and Rashad its a lot closer than that realistically...
KungFuMaster
8/4/11 5:05:21PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Those odds are just crazy for Tito and Rashad its a lot closer than that realistically...

I don't know if you are saying this because you are a Tito fan or not but this is why I think the odds are the way they are...

Rashad was LHW champion recently. Tito was champ back in the days. Rahsad has notable wins over a handful of top contenders in recent years. Tito's only notable win within the last 5 or 6 years is Ryan Bader which some may say was a fluke.

Stylistically, Tito does not match well with Rashad. IMO, Rashad is faster and a better puncher than Tito. He is also the better wrestler. One thing which does favor Tito is his progressive Jiu Jitsu.

Their first fight was a draw but you have to wonder how much improvement has been made by both fighters since then...

DosBox
8/4/11 5:12:37PM
I like the Philippou and Ebersole lines, personally. Bodog has Philippou at +125.

Although Hallman's had sort of this career resurgence, I think he will lose to Ebersole. Hallman has been able to out wrestle the likes of John Howard and Ben Saunders (but note that they are both below average defensive wrestlers) I think Ebersole can stop it from being taken down and could clinch/strike his way to a close decision victory.

Rivera's tough and in your face offense is fun to watch, but does exert quite a bit of energy which could have him falter in the later rounds.. Philippou isnt a plodding MW striker like Nate Quarry, but more like his original opponent Sakara (who I thought was going to defeat Rivera). Again, I think it'll be close, but Phillippou should take advantage of Rivera's striking style and be able to effectively land some strikes.

Also like the Gustaffson in the fight.. showed some pretty good quickness and TDD against Phil Davis... and given Matt Hamill's penchant to keep the fight standing for periods of time (to his detriment at times) makes me think that a parlay between Gustaffson/Philippou/Ebersole would be good. $1 parlay bet cashes out at about $5.68, so it should be worth a play.
KungFuMaster
8/4/11 5:31:55PM

Posted by DosBox

I like the Philippou and Ebersole lines, personally. Bodog has Philippou at +125.

Although Hallman's had sort of this career resurgence, I think he will lose to Ebersole. Hallman has been able to out wrestle the likes of John Howard and Ben Saunders (but note that they are both below average defensive wrestlers) I think Ebersole can stop it from being taken down and could clinch/strike his way to a close decision victory.

Rivera's tough and in your face offense is fun to watch, but does exert quite a bit of energy which could have him falter in the later rounds.. Philippou isnt a plodding MW striker like Nate Quarry, but more like his original opponent Sakara (who I thought was going to defeat Rivera). Again, I think it'll be close, but Phillippou should take advantage of Rivera's striking style and be able to effectively land some strikes.

Also like the Gustaffson in the fight.. showed some pretty good quickness and TDD against Phil Davis... and given Matt Hamill's penchant to keep the fight standing for periods of time (to his detriment at times) makes me think that a parlay between Gustaffson/Philippou/Ebersole would be good. $1 parlay bet cashes out at about $5.68, so it should be worth a play.

I like how you take the time to analyze fights.