ufc 129 predictions fotn?sotn?kotn?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 129 predictions fotn?sotn?kotn?
prozacnation1978
4/25/11 4:39:47PM
Can't believe it has been a month since last seeing ufc and a good 6 weeks since last pay per view

Ufc can't do that too us!!!!
I am looking forward to seeing a double title event
And what 55 thousand people look like stacked in for a ufc event

Fight of the night.

I will go with ellenburger vs pearson
I doubt this hits the floor untill one of them gets knocked out

Sub of night

I will go with jason mcdonald getting a hold of ryan jensen neck and tapping him out

Knockout of night

Will go with aldo knocking out mark during a flurry of exchanges

Sleeper

Don't count out waterboy or shields. This card has upsets written all over it

Snoozefest

What is janitor vs brilz doing on a canada pay per view when they couldn't even be on. A free spike tv germany card main card??
Budgellism
4/25/11 5:27:48PM
FOTN - I'm thinking Ellenburger vs. Pierson will be a great fight. Bendo and Bocek could also get it.
KOTN - If Aldo can knock him out, he'll get it, otherwise Makdessi or Machida.
SOTN - MacDoanld
FastKnockout
4/25/11 5:31:20PM
Fight Of The Night: Diaz vs. MacDonald

Knockout Of The Night: Jose Aldo

Submission Of The Night: Ben Henderson

Upset Of The Night: MacDonald over Diaz
Budgellism
4/25/11 5:44:09PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Bold pick picking Bendo to sub Bocek in Toronto.
sparky
4/25/11 6:23:50PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

I was sort of thinking the same thing to be honest!!!!
FastKnockout
4/25/11 7:28:24PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

Yeah, I know. I mean, Bocek is solid and everything, but I think Henderson is a little underrated in this fight. Wouldn't surprise me if Bocek came out with a win, because he's clowned other BBJ experts like Hazelett and Robinson. But the way I see it, this fight is a who catches who first, and Bendo is too quick with his submission game and has too many tools to set up a solid submission. In Bocek's fight with Danzig, he seemed to get too comfortable in the fight and ended up getting caught in a rear naked choke. I can see the same happening with Henderson, especially if Henderson manages to latch on with a strong guillotine.
Twenty20Dollars
4/25/11 10:53:26PM
FOTN: Aldo vs Homonick
SOTN: Garza
KOTN: Jensen

Upsets: Bocek, Garza, Jensen, Rory
DeadHead988
4/26/11 12:21:49AM
fotn: Henderson vs Bocek
sotn: Daniel Roberts
kotn: Jose Aldo
upset: Randy Couture
snoozefest: St. Pierre vs Shields
Cooler
4/26/11 5:49:29PM
FOTN - Aldo vs Hominick - No brainer for FOTN, win lose or draw Aldo is probably the most exciting fighter on the planet. Anderson Silva-esque in his performances, you never know what youre going to get. Aldo will win via knockout.
KOTN - Lyoto Machida or John Makdessi - I dont understand the Kyle Watson love. If anyone that has Kyle Watson picked had actually watched Makdessi fight before the stats per event would be easily 75/25. He's gonna light up Watson like a sticky icky blunt.
SOTN - Ivan Menjivar - I dont understand the Valencia love. I think nobody knows who Menjivar is. First off I think he beat Pickett, close fight but imo he won. He's better than Valencia everywhere, much better striking, way better jitz, better grappler. Im glad there are so many clueless people so I can get good odds on Ivan.
UOTN - Rory MacDonald & Mark Bocek - I dont understand the Bendo love. Bocek is a seasoned UFC vet with better jitz. If Bocek gets a hold, Bendo isnt getting out. And lol at "Bendo tapping Bocek". He couldnt take down Roller, Varner had trouble getting Pettis down, and these are WEC guys...cmon, Bocek has got this, he's always underrated, and he beat Jim Miller...yeah I said it... As for Nate, he loses to anyone with way better wrestling and Nate isnt as good as Condit and imo Rory wont gas again.
Rabi
4/28/11 5:46:27PM
FOTN I went back and fourth on this, either Diaz/MacDonald or Hendo/Bocek byt Ive decided on Diaz?MacDonald

KOTN Aldo

SOTN J MacDonald

UOTN Randy Couture

Cant wait for this event, I agree with Prozacnation, a month between UFC events is to long.
teddythetuna
4/28/11 7:47:16PM
FOTN- Diaz/MacDonald or Aldo/Hominick
SOTN-Bocek
KOTN-Machida
Jiu_Boxu
4/29/11 9:03:21AM
FOTN: Valencia/Menjivar

SOTN: Roberts on Patrick

KOTN: GSP on Shields

Upset: Jensen & Makdessi

Snooze: Makdessi on Watson... will get a late KO tho