UFC 129 Facebook video streams all five preliminary card fights on April 30

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 129 Facebook video streams all five preliminary card fights on April 30
Budgellism
4/21/11 4:04:23AM
Do you "like" the UFC on Facebook?

If so, you'll be entitled to a free stream of all five of the preliminary card fights at the upcoming UFC 129: "St. Pierre vs. Shields" event on April 30 in Toronto.

LINK

This is EPIC!
Rabi
4/21/11 5:15:32AM
That's awsome, its like an event in it self, I will defo be watching.
Sir_Karl
4/21/11 9:23:20AM
I actually wish they were on ION or Spike instead. I am not a big fan of watching fights on the internet...especially UFC fights. Enough with the FB Streams already.
Budgellism
4/21/11 9:40:40AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

I actually wish they were on ION or Spike instead. I am not a big fan of watching fights on the internet...especially UFC fights. Enough with the FB Streams already.

I'll take free mma any way I can get it...
emfleek
4/21/11 9:44:17AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Sir_Karl

I'll take free mma any way I can get it...

Exactly. Especially since I don't have ION.
ChokeUout
4/21/11 10:57:22AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

First off, I don't get ION.

But anyways, who DOESN'T have Facebook? Probably less people that the people who have ION I'm willing to bet.

But a bright spot to the FB fights is that they are commercial free and run like a PPV (at least they did for the Seattle fight night). Yeah, they aren't the best quality, but it's been said before and I'll say it again: I'll take free MMA any way I can get it!
prozacnation1978
4/21/11 11:22:07AM
I don't have facebook
KaibaThedon
4/21/11 11:43:59AM
I love UFC. if dana said he was gonna make it up to the fans for the debacle at UFC 112 last April he certainly has in that one year.

kingsmasher
4/21/11 12:06:39PM
I love that we at least get to see the prelims but I would prefer to have a couple on tv cause its kinda gay looking at a 4 inch screen...
emfleek
4/21/11 12:11:21PM

Posted by kingsmasher

its kinda gay looking at a 4 inch screen...

You do know that you can increase the screen size, right?
Rabi
4/21/11 12:29:21PM
LOL, you can also get a lead and connect your computer to your tv. I love watching the oprelims on Facebook. The last event were they showed 5 prelims was wicked.
machodog76
4/21/11 3:32:19PM
I've had a hard time with the facebook streams myself, but the last one worked great! Unfortunately I'll proabably be watching this one at the bar but I still think this is really cool, good on ya UFC
emfleek
4/21/11 4:12:25PM

Posted by machodog76

I've had a hard time with the facebook streams myself, but the last one worked great! Unfortunately I'll proabably be watching this one at the bar but I still think this is really cool, good on ya UFC

The first event I watched on Facebook had a sub-par quality stream but they've all been nearly HD ever since with next to zero lag. I'm assuming the streams will only get better with time.
FastKnockout
4/21/11 5:10:57PM
I wish they add the majority of the fights to Spike, and maybe add 1 or 2 prelims to Facebook. I go out to the local sports bars with friends to watch the fights. Just another reason to get out of the house when I'm not working. Only problem with that is I can't watch the Facebook fights.

Oh well, I guess I don't have the right to be picky. I just watch at Wild Wings or Hooters and don't pay for the PPV.
Chael_Sonnen
4/21/11 6:03:02PM
The only positive aspect of Facebook is the free UFC prelims
machodog76
4/21/11 6:26:25PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

The only positive aspect of Facebook is the free UFC prelims

What are you talking about?! Facebook is awesome! where else can you brodcast deeply personal issues to causual acquaintances and people from highschool you haven't spoken to in years? Where else can you stalk your ex with ease? Nowhere I know, lets face it myspace is so 2005
DANZANRYUGUY
4/21/11 6:37:19PM
i guess ill finally break down and make a facebook profile. lol.